: Thanks Jesse of Wait4mePerformance

cbloveday
01-27-10, 04:49 PM
Jesse,

Just wanted to say thanks again for the great custom tunes and customer service.

I wanted to let members know that my experience with W4Me has been great.

I ordered the SCT Handheld through Hannah on Monday, received it Tuesday,
and emailed my Vin file Tuesday night. This morning I had 4 different tunes in my email box. Loaded 3 up on the handheld and put one in the car!

The whole process was quick and flawless

I recieved:

1 Max Performance tune
2. Max Performance tune Cold Weather
3. Mild Performance tune
4. Valet tune

Thanks again Jesse & Hannah! :cloud9:

Curtis

gnxs
01-27-10, 05:16 PM
Jesse,

Just wanted to say thanks again for the great custom tunes and customer service.

I wanted to let members know that my experience with W4Me has been great.

I ordered the SCT Handheld through Hannah on Monday, received it Tuesday,
and emailed my Vin file Tuesday night. This morning I had 4 different tunes in my email box. Loaded 3 up on the handheld and put one in the car!

The whole process was quick and flawless

I recieved:

1 Max Performance tune
2. Max Performance tune Cold Weather
3. Mild Performance tune
4. Valet tune

Thanks again Jesse & Hannah! :cloud9:

Curtis
Told Ya. :)

Good to hear Curtis. :thumbsup:

thatcoder
01-27-10, 05:25 PM
What does the valet tune do? How do you switch tunes on the fly?

gnxs
01-27-10, 05:43 PM
What does the valet tune do? How do you switch tunes on the fly?
Limits some parameters for when the kids, etc. have the car (RPM limits, Speed Limiters, etc.)

You can't switch on the fly. You need to turn off the car to load a new tune. Takes about 90 seconds.

thatcoder
01-27-10, 05:45 PM
so u need to have programmer in the glove box to load the tune?

cbloveday
01-27-10, 05:58 PM
Told Ya. :)

Good to hear Curtis. :thumbsup:

Larry,

I got a question for you since you've been running these tunes for a while.

What tune do you use to drive around. I loaded max tune cold weather and one thing I noticed immediately is the fans came on instantly. I am wondering if I should be running the mild performance while DD.

They seem to run constantly. Does the mild performance have the fans on constantly?

musclesbmf
01-28-10, 10:08 AM
My fans come on as soon as I start the car. No big deal in my opinion. The cooler the coolant temp, the less timing retard from the ECU (among other variables that will etard the timing).
Max Tune all the way. It's the only one I've ever run in the car.

Mark

cbloveday
01-28-10, 10:21 AM
Mark,

Thanks for getting back to me. Jesse emailed me this morning and advised me of the same. He said the fans do not run constantly only at idle and they shut off when under way. Max tune it is! I love the trans changes.
Car downshifts and upshifts much, much, better in sport mode as well as automatic. Wish I had done this a long time ago. It has really woken up and recommend to those that are unhappy with the sluggish tranny shifts to get this tune! :thumbsup:

CASEY122457
01-28-10, 11:14 AM
Nobody knows the CTS-V better than Jesse. Trust me, there is none better.

musclesbmf
01-28-10, 05:37 PM
^^
Totally agree!!

dvandentop
01-28-10, 07:58 PM
not sure i would like fans running all the time when just parking etc.. standing around car talking with car running

cbloveday
01-28-10, 08:44 PM
I was concerned about the fans kicking in right when the car starts up. Jesse said they were based upon a percantage basis. Not sure what he meant by that.
He did state that they shut off when under way. My only concern was that I do not want them to run excessively and the motors fail early. However, he is more knowledgible than me and I trust the tune. I was just wondering why they would turn on immediately upon start up with the engine cold. If they do in fact shut off when driving, I'm good with it.

CTSV4now
01-29-10, 03:02 PM
With just the max tune loaded, what does it do for the stock quartermile time?

Does the transmission act normal while in the D mode, but take on a devilish personality when in sport mode or manually shifted?

And all this is around $400, right?

cbloveday
01-29-10, 03:39 PM
I have no idea what it will do in the quarter mile. I am in Chicago and the weather was 4 degrees this morning.

What I have noticed from DD is the transmission upshifts crisper in sport or auto.

The car also downshifts in auto like I belief it should, no shuddering. Feels great all around.

Yes, $400.00 which includes free updates when I do further mods.

gnxs
01-29-10, 04:37 PM
Does the transmission act normal while in the D mode, but take on a devilish personality when in sport mode or manually shifted?
Most definitely.

wait4me
01-29-10, 05:23 PM
Thanks Curtis.

Yes the fans run at 20% while at idle. They are not fully on. Only 20% then as you move, that percentage drops to 0. It is to keep air circulating thru the heat exchanger to keep your charge temps cool.

The engine will only cool down to what the thermostat allows so it wont keep getting cooler and cooler like some people would think, it just cools your "Reserve" coolant that is in the radiator so that when the engine needs it, it will be there as the thermostat starts to open.

The different on the quarter mile time have been posted here i though by SEVERAL different people all over the world. It usually knocks off a solid .2 from the time. Some people see more.

If they are in person, i can do the launch control stuff that makes you cut a 1.7 0 to 60 ft or lower with stock tires.... which is pretty darn impressive for no suspension mods.