: Carbotech Brake pads now available (front & rear)

IPS Brandon
01-27-10, 02:04 PM
With the market slowly catching up to the demand, Carbotech has now released pads for this platform. They are offering their full line up of friction compounds, and have both the front and rear pads available for immdiate delivery.

These pads are a great solution for many of you, and Carbotechs quality and performance is bar none.

They have multiple different compounds, and I will briefly describe the common ones for most users

1521-Bobcat compound. - This is an ideal street performance pad, which is low dust.The Bobcat compound is also known for its awesome release and modulation, along with unmatched rotor friendliness

AX6 Compound - This is better suited for a more agressive driver, who may be doing some track days, autocrosses, while still having his cadallic serve as a street car. This pad offer better modulation, bite, and less brake fade.

XP8 Compound -A high torque brake compound with a wide operating temperature range (200F-1350F+). XP8 is the first race pad in their racing compounds. Outstanding initial bite at race temperatures, high coefficient of friction, excellent modulation and release characteristics. Extremely high fade resistance, very rotor friendly with 100% non-corrosive dust.

Oh all their compounds are also 100% non-corrosive

We have their full line now ready for shipment in stock, and many local clients have already purchased these pads. If you have any questions or would like further information please let us know.

You can order, and read more about each pad on our webpage listing, in our online store located here http://www.ipsmotorsports.net/index.php?cPath=3543_3561_3582_3921_3922

Regrads

Brandon
IPS Motorsports

thatcoder
01-27-10, 05:20 PM
wanna see some reviews.. do the pads cover the rotors completely?

dvandentop
01-27-10, 05:57 PM
i have had the xp12 and 10 combo on my z06 and they worked well.

will have to check out pricing once i get on a computer.

v4meinsandiego
01-27-10, 11:51 PM
wanna see some reviews.. do the pads cover the rotors completely?

Same question here on the rotor coverage but sounds like a nice solution and I am happy to hear this because I am getting ready for new pads.

JFJr
01-28-10, 11:08 AM
If any of you go for these after-market brake pads (bobcat compound), please let the rest of us know how they perform in normal street driving as compared to the stock pads, including any abnormal rotor wear and noise. Thanks.

IPS Brandon
01-28-10, 01:30 PM
These pads 100% cover the full factory surface area on your rotors. They will not leave any rust or corrosion either. So these are direct replacements with the same coverage as OEM just better compounds.

As for the bobcat compound, it will create no more noise then factory, they will not wear your rotors faster either. The bobcat pad however will give the car more bite, or initial stooping power, and better braking modulation, while still be acid free, lower dust. Its hard to get a better pad then these for street use.

-Regards
Brandon

JFJr
01-30-10, 10:05 AM
As for the bobcat compound, it will create no more noise then factory, they will not wear your rotors faster either. The bobcat pad however will give the car more bite, or initial stooping power, and better braking modulation, while still be acid free, lower dust. Its hard to get a better pad then these for street use.No offense, Brandon, but I would like to hear that from one who bought them, too. If your claims are correct, then I will consider them. Also, what about pad wear as compared to the stock pads? I learned my lesson at an early age about buying "parts" and trying to out-engineer the factory, so I am skeptical of all after-market "performance" products.

Jud

dqw1
02-01-10, 10:27 PM
I'll provide some direct feedback for daily driving. Just ordered front-rear Bobcats todays.

asabase
02-02-10, 11:13 AM
Look forward to it, especially how much they dust. You should see how bad my wheels look. Haven't washed them yet since getting the car.

Fubar75207
02-02-10, 12:56 PM
I have been using the 1512 for about a week now. I have noticed a modest change in peddle response and the brakes feel a bit stickier as you move through the peddle. I have heard some squeaking but it's not horrible. Brake dust with these pads is no worse than stock and may be a bit better.

I also added SS lines from BFGoodrich so that may have some effect on the performance.

IPS Brandon
02-03-10, 03:33 PM
No offense, Brandon, but I would like to hear that from one who bought them, too. If your claims are correct, then I will consider them. Also, what about pad wear as compared to the stock pads? I learned my lesson at an early age about buying "parts" and trying to out-engineer the factory, so I am skeptical of all after-market "performance" products.

Jud

Jud,
Non taken, we have been selling these pads for around 6 months with very good feed back. But i agree rapport is the best tool to have.

Thanks for the order as well, the pads we finished today!

Regards

dqw1
02-19-10, 06:50 PM
Well, I've had the Bobcats on for 3 days now. I haven't noticed any difference in stopping power compared to stock pads in normal day to day driving. There is more noise at low speeds, say under 5 mph when coming to a stop and it sounds like it's getting louder. As far as dusting, it's better than stock. Actually I'm not very pleased when I compare these with Hawk HPS that I'm running on my V1 when it comes to noise and brake dust. No noise with the HPS and much less dusting but the Bobcats do seem to grab better.
Hopefully Brandon will carry Hawk pads once the correct sizes are released and I'll purchase from IPS to support our vendor. This is not a flame against the vendor, just my experience.

Caddyscat
02-20-10, 03:56 PM
Is there something wrong with brembo? Yeah, i understand they get dusty but isn't that a sign that they're working well?

thebigjimsho
02-20-10, 10:10 PM
Is there something wrong with brembo? Yeah, i understand they get dusty but isn't that a sign that they're working well?
No. We're starting off with one of the best braking systems on the planet. The stock pads are a good pad for the masses. It's just that you can get better performance...

IPS Brandon
02-22-10, 12:07 PM
Well, I've had the Bobcats on for 3 days now. I haven't noticed any difference in stopping power compared to stock pads in normal day to day driving. There is more noise at low speeds, say under 5 mph when coming to a stop and it sounds like it's getting louder. As far as dusting, it's better than stock. Actually I'm not very pleased when I compare these with Hawk HPS that I'm running on my V1 when it comes to noise and brake dust. No noise with the HPS and much less dusting but the Bobcats do seem to grab better.
Hopefully Brandon will carry Hawk pads once the correct sizes are released and I'll purchase from IPS to support our vendor. This is not a flame against the vendor, just my experience.

Did you bedd the pads in? All feed back is good feedback :)

dqw1
02-22-10, 03:44 PM
Did you bedd the pads in? All feed back is good feedback :)
Yep, the pads were bedded. I can live with the dusting because it is less than stock but the squealing is louder than stock. That was unexpected.

IPS Brandon
02-23-10, 09:36 AM
Yep, the pads were bedded. I can live with the dusting because it is less than stock but the squealing is louder than stock. That was unexpected.
And unusual, ill call CT and see what they say, we might send you a new set, the bobcats are definitely not none to squeak.

And it is good to hear you have better braking bite, and lower dust, this is what this pad is designed for.

dqw1
02-23-10, 11:28 AM
The braking is spot on so no one should hesitant about that. I took a trip of almost 400 miles round trip last weekend and the dusting was not too bad. I didn't feel like I needed to wipe the dust off. With stock pads my wheels would've been dark by the end of the first half of the trip. Thanks for the support Brandon.

Fubar75207
02-23-10, 08:56 PM
I am in the same boat as you, dqw1. Less dust, more squeaks.... minimal braking improvement.

Teutonaddict
11-11-10, 06:09 PM
I'm now looking into low(er) dust OE replacements, and forum feedback seems to be steering me away from the Hawks.

I know there are now EBC RedStuff applications for our V2s, as well as Centric Posi Quiet semi-metallic options as a low-price option.

Would appreciate ANY feedback from any folks who've replaced their factory pads with aftermarket options. Thanks!

thebigjimsho
11-13-10, 07:12 PM
Hawk DTC-30s on my V during the summer. Increased braking performance is very noticeable! dust is up, too. There is no magic potion. And I would never lessen performance just for reduced dust...