Cadillac Owners Forum banner

rear axle question difference betwwen 04-05 and 06-07

Tags
repair
2K views 13 replies 8 participants last post by  GFORCE1320 
#1 ·
At some point in time my rear axle was replaced (under warranty)on my car. My car is a 2004. Could it be possible that the dealer replaced it with a 2006-2007 axle? Is there a way I can check to be certain it's a 2004-05 or 2006-07axle? I need to find out before I order the G-force axle.

#2 · (Edited)
Here are the four differentials that are known to exist in order of earliest to latest:

I got one replaced in June, 2007, and it's the third one down. She whines, but has withstood a few maggie-assisted clutch dumps.

If you can pinpoint the date yours was replaced or possibly run some history on your car, maybe you can find out more.

EDIT: BTW, there're a couple of the first (earliest) ones on eBay right now. Even new, I don't know why anyone would want one regardless of the price.

#3 ·
Here are the four differentials that are known to exist in order of earliest to latest:

I got one replaced in June, 2007, and it's the third one down. She whines, but has withstood a few maggie-assisted clutch dumps.
Are we talking axles or rear differentials? I am confused. :hmm:

#4 ·
This was actually a concern of mine as well awhile ago. About a year ago Lindsay replaced my 2005 diff with an 07. Wanting to change out an axle with HE/GEFORCE axles, and I was worried about possibly having the new, thicker, 06/07 OEM axles on my car along with the diff. According to Luke, unless something was directly wrong with your axles, they would not have been replaced with a diff swap. So basically, just check your service history for axle repair. Hope this helps.

-Matt

#9 ·
Just measure the passenger axle, if it is about 1.25" in diamter then it is an 04-05 axle. If it is about 1.5" in diameter then it is an 06-07 axle.
So another words, if they are both small then they are still stock, if one is big then they put a newer one in.

Thanks
Chris

#11 ·
Chris, i have the 06 axels,so they are 1.50-----aren't the ones u sell 1.50 also? Also, yours i think should be stronger, but by how much:confused: Has anyone on the cf broken a 06 or 07 axel?? Also could i get away with just one of your axels? and if so whch side shoud i purchase:bigroll:damn, i know, a lot of freakin questions, but not sure if i need them or not:alchi:thnaks Greg...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.