: Fuel Rail Recall, just got the letter

95Concours
08-12-04, 07:33 PM
Just in case it is new or people dont know yet... I got a recall letter for my 95 Deville Concours for the defective plastic fuel rail from GM.. My local dealership will be replacing the stock plastic one with a new aluminum one for free... Part(s) & Labor...

Ranger
08-12-04, 10:14 PM
Strange. I called my local dealer today and they were aware of it and had the SS rails but there was a mix up with the vin. So per their advice I called the Cadillac customer service no. the dealer gave me and they didn't know a thing about it.

95Concours
08-13-04, 05:54 PM
Hmmm.. I receievd the letter from GM on Monday..... Im in CA., if you're in a different state maybe they havent got to it yet there... :hmm:

Ranger
08-13-04, 08:20 PM
Well, I called the dealer back today and after they called Cadillac I now have an appointment for Monday morning.

CadillacCool
08-13-04, 08:35 PM
My 96 caddy's fuel rail sprun a leak the other day and i had to get it replaced it with a new one, one dealer wanted to charge 400$, I called another one and they said it was recalled and that they would do it for free!!!!!!

Quadrasteer
08-13-04, 09:08 PM
Are the '99 Devilles included in the recall?

marti4337
08-14-04, 08:38 AM
I just got my letter also, but mine tells me that the "dealer will inspect and replace if needed", which leads me to belive that unless the gas is flowing, I'll be replacing it in the future!!

johnny133
08-14-04, 09:29 AM
I don't know what "if needed" means either. I hope it means it's "needed" if it hasn't been replaced yet. Seems to me GM would have some liability if they make you wait until it leaks fuel . . .

Please post here when you find out. I didn't buy mine from a dealer, so I want to know as much as possible before I contact one about this recall.

96 STS
08-14-04, 09:51 AM
I agree with you johnny133. It seems to me that if its NOT stainless steel it should automatically be replaced. Why would they make us wait until the rail breaks, starts spewing fuel, causes a fire, then repair it. To much risk for them.

Check out this link to the GM documents on this issue, http://www-odi.nhtsa.dot.gov/cars/problems/RepositoryFiles.cfm?module=RECALLS&IfsDocId=04V110. Look at the "Remedy Instructions & TSB" It sounds like it's an automatic replacement "If the words 'GM213M Type F' or 'M-Bond' are not clearly readable on the tubing or the rail is not constructed of stainless steel, the fuel rail requires replacement. Continue with the fuel rail removal and replacement procedure."

What do you guys think?

96 STS

Eldyfig
08-14-04, 10:14 AM
Are the '99 Devilles included in the recall?

At this link:

http://152.122.48.13/prepos/files/Artemis/Public/Recalls/2004/V/RCDNN-04V110-9461.pdf

It looks as if 95, 96, & 97 are the only ones involved.

Ranger
08-14-04, 07:06 PM
When I spoke to the Lady (who was very helpfull) at the dealer, she said the same thing, "inspect and replace if needed". She said they have replaced everyone they inspected so far. I got the impression from her that they have to "inspect" it to be sure it is nylon and not already replaced. If it is, it will be replaced.