: New to Cateras

Jpizzle1289
01-26-10, 04:14 PM
I just bought my 98 catera the end of December.
The two rear windows don't work and make a grinding noise if you try.
GM diagnosed it as regulators, i was told they were frozen(which they said they could get for me at a steal ::sarcasm:: of a price for $700)
The previous owner had it diaged at Goodyear where they regularly serviced the car and was told it was regulator belts (from my understanding)....
I bought used regulators from ebay, but my confusion is GM told me they didn't have belts in the regulators? so which on is correct?
Also im having headlight problems, my low beam was out (which turned out to be a fuse) and now the same side highbeam is out and its now a fuse or a bulb... any ideas? could i have messed witht he wiring changing the bulb for the low beam?
Does anyone have any tips for getting the cover back on after changing the fuse, i can't get it to screw back on with out the top poppin off.

AHazzardToAll
01-27-10, 11:47 PM
Try quickly hitting the switch to get it to move and if it goes VERY slowly little by little put it all the way up, disconnect the ground on the battery and let the power drain from five to fifteen minutes. Then reconnect it. Then reprogram all your electronics. As for your headlight have you checked the relays? Not the fuses. To get the fuse cover panel back on you have to slide the top "prongs" in and push up from the bottom while screwing it back in. It's a little tricky sometimes. Let me know if this helps you or if you have any more questions.

Jpizzle1289
02-02-10, 04:14 PM
The windows come down one to two inches it makes horrible grinding noises like there is sand stuck in it n sometime i noticed they fall about a half inch by themselves.

AHazzardToAll
02-02-10, 10:08 PM
Mine also made a grinding noise when they were trying to go down (after about going and inch and a half), then if you held the button the window would go no further, then if you pushed a little it would go down a little more (maybe yours would fall when you hit a bump?). After draining the power, the issue was corrected. You should try that first as it is simple and the regulators are no fun to replace. Worked for me!