Cadillac Owners Forum banner

East Coast Tuners, NY/NJ (TTP or Tune Time Performance?)

9K views 21 replies 11 participants last post by  lilgCTS-V 
#1 ·
Debating on a tuner in the New York/New Jersey area after my header install next week. Search doesn't really return many threads about NY/NJ tuners, but there were a few threads on LS1tech. I was originally going to go to TTP in Little Falls, New Jersey simply because they are 10 minutes away from me. Lately I have heard good things about Tune Time Performance in Toms River. To make things more confusing, TTP and Tune Time Performance are different shops, both in New Jersey, and both with tuners named Matt :banghead:. Both a forum member I met at the most recent V-day and LilG have both had their V's tuned at Tune Time...along with a few other friends of mine with a GTO and a G8 GXP, and all have great things to say about them. Anyone have any experience at these shops? Any other recommendations on local shops in North Jersey/NY? Thanks.

#2 ·
#3 ·
Thanks Jesse. What shop did your V?

#4 ·
TTP in Little Falls did the first tune and the cam. My new work (heads/cam) will be installed by my my buddy and the tune will be done by Cartek. My friend who deals with Cartek, sent the heads to them so they can find me good camshaft match. Both shops do great work. I know many more Cartek guys than I do TTP guys. But that's because I know more Vette guys than V owners. Linden and Mickey (part of our VDay 3 caravan) used TTP as well. One for the blower cam and the other heads/cam/intake.

#5 ·
They are all great tuning shops. I personally have been to tune time. I havent had my V tuned yet (still saving up for it) but they are a great shop. TTP in little falls is good too. But if you wanna get them installed soon call ahead just to make sure they have openings in the timeslot you want.

G
#7 ·
Race Proven Motorsports in claymont Dealware is an awesome shop and do amazing work on LS motors. HAve a great tuner and set the world record for the fastest c6Z. They are gonna do my tune and any other work that I need done. I think some other members have had stuff doen there. TTP did the tune on my 98 SS when I had it and that car rolled out so I can vouch for there work but the V will go to RPM.

#13 ·
Race Proven Motorsports in claymont Dealware is an awesome shop and do amazing work on LS motors. HAve a great tuner and set the world record for the fastest c6Z. They are gonna do my tune and any other work that I need done. I think some other members have had stuff doen there.
:yeah:

All the work I didn't do myself I had them do. They're great guys and they know what they're doing. Call Fran.

www.raceprovenmotorsports.net

Looks like they're having another dyno day on March 13th. That's my V with the hood popped in that first picture on the website. One of my dyno sheets is in the gallery too.

#8 ·
I've had Matt at Tune Time tune my nephews trailblazer ss and would of had him do my tbss if I didn't sell it.
Very knowledgeable, spoke with him about the V as well as my Typhoon. Haven't heard anything bad about them on any of the forums either.

#9 ·
Thanks guys. I've been reading Matt at Tune Time is great tuner too. Only problem is Tune Time is kind of far. I'm trying to see if I can find any reviews about TTP in Little Falls.

#14 ·
I will definitely let you know :thumbsup:

TTP in little falls stands behind there work from my experience. when i was there getting my tires mounted a customer with a G8 GT was getting re-dyno tuned because he wasn't happy with the part throttle response.. Apparently he held the G8 1/4 bolt on record at English town with his TTP tune(LF). He told me that Matt had spent alot of time on his car becuase his was the first G8 he had tuned so he kept getting redyno tuned for free so Matt could improve the tune. also they fixed my TPMS for free after i had a flat the next day.

I never got my car tuned by them so i really have no other first hand experience. Other then he quoted me a crazy low price on a dynotune at the TTP Dyno day lat summer.. I say give them a call ask him a load of questions about what he has done in the past, see if he passes the ole bull test..

-will
Everyone, thanks for the comments. I have to get the headers on before I get a tune, so hopefully that will be soon. I will probably go with TTP just because, as stated, they are right down the street. I can also take advantage of retunes, redyno's, etc. Also, wouldn't mind getting friendly with them for when I decide to do a cam. Mickey (has a V, met him at V-day) worked for TTP for awhile, and got a real nice cam from them. He has nothing but good things to say about the tuner there and their shop as a whole. I will keep you guys posted.

#11 ·
TTP in little falls stands behind there work from my experience. when i was there getting my tires mounted a customer with a G8 GT was getting re-dyno tuned because he wasn't happy with the part throttle response.. Apparently he held the G8 1/4 bolt on record at English town with his TTP tune(LF). He told me that Matt had spent alot of time on his car becuase his was the first G8 he had tuned so he kept getting redyno tuned for free so Matt could improve the tune. also they fixed my TPMS for free after i had a flat the next day.

I never got my car tuned by them so i really have no other first hand experience. Other then he quoted me a crazy low price on a dynotune at the TTP Dyno day lat summer.. I say give them a call ask him a $hit load of questions about what he has done in the past, see if he passes the ole bull$hit test..

-will

#12 ·
I can personally vouch for Tune Time Performance in Toms River. They tuned my TVS1900 TBSS and soon my CTS-V with a 1900 blower! I feel Cartek has been going downhill for awhile now, just personal opinion. Their head porter and engine guy left, and now their main mechanic is gone too I heard.

#17 ·
OMG,
Definately go to RPM...
Matt at Tune Time may be able to tune so I can say you will be safe with that only but as far as anything more don't even think about it...let me tell you my story...2007 Jeep SRT 8...Dropped off heads and cam to be installed along with Mopar Stall and Headers...Was quoted labor at $2000.00!!! When I got home got a call from Matt saying my Cam was missing out of the box...(450.00) how convenient... he would have to order me a new one from Comp Cams!!! Went to pick up my truck 3 weeks later and received a bill for over $6500.00 with all kinds of bullshit parts listed and astronomical labor charges(paid it like a dumb ass)!!! A year went by, sent my Friend Keith there with an 07' jeep the same way...he was told by Matt max was $7500.00 with Heads cam and stall...had the truck for 6 weeks when Keith went to pick it up invoice was 13k now the last Hurrah...bought a Trailblazer SS sent it to him with a closed 15k Budget to make 750 @the wheel mind you, I took him the Engine,Heads,Tranny,Stall,and turbo that he didn't have to bill...it's been 16 months and my truck still isn't done...talked on the phone with him and he said that with the 11k I already paid him we should be about even money wise...then 2 days later BOO YA and invoice in my inbox for $26k plus...I almost lost it on top of that he is still not finished...Crook...I would say yes with 30 Exclamation points...BUYER BEWARE 100%...we will be in court for this one for some time because I will not even fathom paying that amount of money for piping!!!! Hope this helps!!!

#19 ·
I plan on going to EFI Logics in CT. Chris there is one of the best tuners in the country. I've had a lot of work done with the guys from EFI for my Subaru customers and they also are pretty well known in the Mustang world. I'll let you guys know how I make out.

-mike

#21 ·
Well I have been calling around for prices on a cam and Matt quoted me something absurd, like 3700 out the door for cam only (obviously, springs, retainers, etc) as well as my FAST I already have, and a tune. But still crazy. 1500 for the labor! Double what I've heard elsewhere for the same job. I've heard he's good, but that is armed robbery and I said no thanks.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.