: Jesda's hotel list. Chicago meet. February 2010.

Jesda
01-26-10, 05:12 AM
Its about time for me to hit up Priceline, so I need to know how many rooms, who is joining, and what dates to book. It will be on the west side in the suburbs.

Usually rooms end up being $50 each.

thebigjimsho
01-26-10, 03:17 PM
hmm...

gdwriter
01-26-10, 03:59 PM
Count me in for Friday and Saturday night. I don't mind sharing a room so long as I get a real bed and not a hide-a-bed.

ThumperPup
01-26-10, 04:51 PM
Cound me in for Friday and Saturday nite please i would not mind sharing a room to help keep costs down what hotel will we be staying at ?

Jesda
01-26-10, 05:58 PM
Its probably going to be a Hyatt, Doubletree, or some other business-class type hotel on the west side.

So far, three rooms:
I'll be sharing with Ian and my brother.
Gary D
ClevelandPup guy from Beachwood OH

Let me know if any of you want to combine rooms. I assume Chad is going to make it down?

dirt_cheap_fleetwood
01-26-10, 06:05 PM
Has anyone heard from Brian or Tanner? I know Brian wanted to try and make this one because he missed us in August.

ThumperPup
01-26-10, 07:11 PM
if not sharing what do you think the rooms are going to end up costing because if they are a fortun ill just try and find a marriote property next to where the hotel is and use my points for a room but if anyone wnats to share let me know

thebigjimsho
01-26-10, 09:07 PM
I want the Drake Hotel. Get me a price, Jesda...

ThumperPup
01-27-10, 01:18 AM
whats a drake hotel ?

any idea wich double tree or hyatt or when you will know for sure wich hotel so i can see if its somewher that i can spare the change for now or if i should find a mariote property next to it or close by perhaps ?
i was looking at the courtyard in downer grove wich is not badly price but also cheap because i cna use my points

Jesda
01-27-10, 03:14 AM
Not 100% sure which hotel yet since Priceline is a roll of the dice, but each year I've booked its never been over $50 per room per night including tax.

ThumperPup
01-27-10, 09:56 AM
Not 100% sure which hotel yet since Priceline is a roll of the dice, but each year I've booked its never been over $50 per room per night including tax.

ahh cool cool i was worried maybe it was going to be like 50 per nite per person is we where talking about room share and if i coudlnt find anyone to share with then i would be paying full price but 50 sounds good
so please count me in on that when you find the price let me know please and if you could pm me with the hotel info

gdwriter
01-27-10, 01:40 PM
whats a drake hotel ?The Drake (http://www.virtualvisit.ca/webvisit/drake/flash/index.php) is an old-school, old-money, very elegant (and expensive) hotel on the Magnificent Mile:

http://www.counseltoemployers.ca/2009%20Conference/Drake_exterior_450.jpg

http://www.csop.com/Images/Drake%20Lobby.jpg

ThumperPup
01-27-10, 02:36 PM
The Drake (http://www.virtualvisit.ca/webvisit/drake/flash/index.php) is an old-school, old-money, very elegant (and expensive) hotel on the Magnificent Mile:

ah cool cool
well maybe my dad or his side of the fmaily stayed there once before but i have no clue but if its old school old money then im out cause im not rich its my paretns who are and once they leave earth then i get it all untill then im livving on bird seed LOL

I~LUV~Caddys8792
01-27-10, 07:18 PM
Brian wants to go, needs to get the OK from the wife. I hope he does go, that'll cut down on my costs quite a bit. Tanner, haven't seen him since summer sometime. No idea.

I SHOULD be able to go, but that speeding ticket might have eaten my funds, depending on how my budget comes out to be this month...

thebigjimsho
01-27-10, 11:03 PM
They stamped it didn't they? Those damn Gideons...

I~LUV~Caddys8792
01-28-10, 08:29 PM
Brian's not going, which hinders the chances of me going. Sales have been down a lot recently, which impacts my paycheck greatly, which impacts my spending money greatly.

Unless I get a Visa real quick....

dirt_cheap_fleetwood
01-28-10, 11:36 PM
Split a room with Gary. As long as we don't hit up any fancy restaurants I bet you can get away with ~$300 for the trip (not sure how much gas you use when you drive down here though).

I~LUV~Caddys8792
01-28-10, 11:42 PM
We'll see. Still more money than I have to fool around with right now...

Out of college, money spent
See no future, pay no rent
All the money's gone, nowhere to go

ThumperPup
01-29-10, 12:49 AM
im thinkign that between gas and food im gona be at about 170 to 200 at the most if i find a mariote close to where others will be styaing then i can use points for a free nite if not then im problayb gona be aorudn 300 for the weekend maybe over so im hoping the hotel you pick is right near a mariote property perhaps

I~LUV~Caddys8792
01-29-10, 10:36 PM
Well sales this month were excellent (MUCH better than last month), so I should have enough money to budget $300 for the weekend. :) :)

ThumperPup
02-03-10, 02:32 PM
do we have any info on the exact hotel yet ?

Jesda
02-04-10, 01:36 AM
I'm booking this weekend. Just need final confirmation on who is coming for sure.

ThumperPup
02-04-10, 11:45 AM
[QUOTE=Jesda;2139231]I'm booking this weekend. Just need final confirmation on who is coming for sure.

I am comming for sure but i need to know what the hotel is i might be able to use points or find a mariote sometimes there are mariots right next other hotels and if i can use points or atleast know what the for sure price is for the room i know i cant afrod more then 50 per nite so i may have to get a room at a difrant hotel to use points but want to find one that will be close by so if you could give me the address and name of wich hotel you are using would be great

Jesda
02-04-10, 05:27 PM
Unfortunately with Priceline bids, I cant choose the specific hotel. I can only choose the part of town and star level. It'll be $50/night for sure. In the past, we've ended up with a Hyatt and a Doubletree near Downers Grove, but no Mariotts yet.

So, if you're in, it'll be a gamble for which specific hotel it is, but no more than $50 per night including tax. Let me know.

I~LUV~Caddys8792
02-04-10, 07:09 PM
I'm 85% going. Money's tight now, but I've got a much bigger check coming next week....

ThumperPup
02-04-10, 07:34 PM
Unfortunately with Priceline bids, I cant choose the specific hotel. I can only choose the part of town and star level. It'll be $50/night for sure. In the past, we've ended up with a Hyatt and a Doubletree near Downers Grove, but no Mariotts yet.

So, if you're in, it'll be a gamble for which specific hotel it is, but no more than $50 per night including tax. Let me know.

if its going to be no more then 50 a nite after taxes then yes please do get a room for me
so count me in if its going to be more then 50 please let me know i might be able to quez more out but not sure at this points was hoping to stay around 225 for the weekend with hotel food and gas but im betitng ill be up; around 250 to 300 for the weekned
so please do count me in if you can get it for 50 a nite after taxes Thank you

Jesda
02-06-10, 11:05 PM
Done! Total for all four rooms for two nights each was $352.32 including taxes. It was cheaper than I expected ($100). I should have bid even lower!

The total comes to $88.00 per room. You can pay me by Paypal, books@gulatibooks.com

The names on the rooms are:
Jesda G
Gary D
Marvin C
Ross G

Dates: 2/19/2010 check-in, 2/21/2010 check-out. If you decide to stay in Chicago longer I can usually extend the room for an additional $44/night depending on availability.

To check in they just need a photo ID, card to put on file for the specific room, and the Priceline reference number. If you need two beds, be sure to mention it to the front desk when you check in. I'll PM you guys the reservation details.

http://www.doubletreeoakbrook.com/

gdwriter
02-06-10, 11:55 PM
PayPal sent. Thanks!

ThumperPup
02-07-10, 12:20 AM
Just had some crazy shit happen im not going to be able to go
is it to late to cancle the reservation once it is made not sure how priceline works if its not to late please if you could throw the towel in for me
if it is to late i will get you the pay pal next week
please let me know

ThumperPup
02-07-10, 11:39 AM
cool cool scraping all the bottom of the barrel out now gona be there no matter what

JimmyH
02-08-10, 12:02 PM
The Drake (http://www.virtualvisit.ca/webvisit/drake/flash/index.php) is an old-school, old-money, very elegant (and expensive) hotel on the Magnificent Mile:

dont forget parking costs. Nobody validates anymore.

Lord Cadillac
02-08-10, 01:06 PM
See two posts down. My wife already booked me for the Doubletree hotel... So disregard this...

I'm coming in on Friday night and staying at the Hilton Chicago - 720 South Michigan Avenue - which is the closest luxury hotel to the car show (about a mile and a half) and includes high speed internet, Serenity Serta beds, flat screen televisions and nice views for $89.00 per night. You can book this directly through hilton.com..

http://www1.hilton.com/ts/en_US/hotels/content/CHICHHH/media/images/photo_gallery/CHICHHH_Hilton_Chicago_gallery_accom_greathalltall _large.jpg
http://www1.hilton.com/ts/en_US/hotels/content/CHICHHH/media/images/photo_gallery/CHICHHH_Hilton_Chicago_gallery_accom_reception1_la rge.jpg

gary88
02-08-10, 01:18 PM
I'm coming in on Friday night and staying at the Hilton Chicago - 720 South Michigan Avenue - which is the closest luxury hotel to the car show (about a mile and a half) and includes high speed internet, Serenity Serta beds, flat screen televisions and nice views for $89.00 per night. You can book this directly through hilton.com..

http://www1.hilton.com/ts/en_US/hotels/content/CHICHHH/media/images/photo_gallery/CHICHHH_Hilton_Chicago_gallery_accom_greathalltall _large.jpg
http://www1.hilton.com/ts/en_US/hotels/content/CHICHHH/media/images/photo_gallery/CHICHHH_Hilton_Chicago_gallery_accom_reception1_la rge.jpg

I live literally right across the street from that Hilton, I'm looking at it right now. This I approve of :highfive:

Lord Cadillac
02-08-10, 01:41 PM
Well. I just found out that my wife already booked me for the Doubletree.. So.... That's where I'll be staying...

gary88
02-08-10, 01:47 PM
Pah.

Lord Cadillac
02-08-10, 01:58 PM
Pah.
Yeah. Figures. I think I liked the other one better..

ThumperPup
02-08-10, 02:48 PM
i usualy have one ruel when staying at a hotel they must have a pool if not then i dont spend my money lol i know its a funny way to decided if you stay there or not but you know hey gota have a poll an dhot tub lol

Lord Cadillac
02-08-10, 06:05 PM
i usualy have one ruel when staying at a hotel they must have a pool if not then i dont spend my money lol i know its a funny way to decided if you stay there or not but you know hey gota have a poll an dhot tub lol
I'm up for the pool but the hot tub is out of the question when it's going to be a tub full of penises. :o

ThumperPup
02-08-10, 09:11 PM
I'm up for the pool but the hot tub is out of the question when it's going to be a tub full of penises. :o

i feel you there i do lol

thebigjimsho
02-08-10, 09:16 PM
Me likes the Sheraton on East North Water St...

I~LUV~Caddys8792
02-08-10, 10:24 PM
Got the address & directions saved to the Doubletree saved on the ol' iPhone.

How far is Oakbrook from the hotel we stayed in last year?

dirt_cheap_fleetwood
02-08-10, 11:06 PM
Its like 9-10 miles

Jesda
02-08-10, 11:58 PM
Glad youre coming, Sal. I stayed at a nice 4-star hotel downtown last year. It was worth doing once to get a real feel for the city and have walking access to bars, but the traffic congestion and parking costs definitely made that a one-time deal.

The Doubletree in Oak Brook is just under 6 miles east of where we were last year.

MacMuse
02-09-10, 08:31 AM
Out-of-towners: Stay sharp & watch the signs if you come into Oak Brook on I-88 - lots of recent reconstruction that may not show up correctly on maps.

ThumperPup
02-09-10, 12:17 PM
Out-of-towners: Stay sharp & watch the signs if you come into Oak Brook on I-88 - lots of recent reconstruction that may not show up correctly on maps.

shoot will have to watch out im usiing the GPS but have an older map my map dvd is from 2005
so will have to keep an eye sharp for sighns thanks for the heads up

JimmyH
02-09-10, 01:58 PM
Alot of expressway changes around here have made gps more than a year old obsolete.

ThumperPup
02-09-10, 03:06 PM
dang yeah i know i think i had trouble last time i was in chiacago with my 2005 disc and i have trouble every time i go into Cleveland and or Pittsburge because of the changes over hte past 2 years im gona have to look for a new dvd on ebay or something just hope a 2009 doesnt cos tme more then 100 dollars if its going ot cost like 150 used i might as all spend 200 for a new one

MacMuse
02-09-10, 03:21 PM
. , . <shift> . <shift> . . <shift> . , ; <shift>

Mix gently with previous message.

;)

JimmyH
02-12-10, 05:00 PM
Hey, Jesda, if you get stuck with any extra rooms, I might take one of them for Friday night. That way I could treat you guys to drunken JimmyH :D

gdwriter
02-12-10, 05:13 PM
I know I plan on getting hammered Friday night. Grey Goose vodka martinis FTW. :alchi:

Jesda
02-12-10, 09:07 PM
Hey, Jesda, if you get stuck with any extra rooms, I might take one of them for Friday night. That way I could treat you guys to drunken JimmyH :D

I know I plan on getting hammered Friday night. Grey Goose vodka martinis FTW. :alchi:

I havent been to a fully drunken Caddy meet since Nick's big gathering in Iowa. Looking forward. :cool2:

Lord Cadillac
02-12-10, 09:09 PM
I havent been to a fully drunken Caddy meet since Nick's big gathering in Iowa. Looking forward. :cool2:
Cool. This will be my first drunken Caddy meet.. Liquid Cocaine's all night for me... Rumplemintz, Goldschlager and Jägermeister...

thebigjimsho
02-12-10, 09:14 PM
Awful...

Ranger
02-12-10, 10:04 PM
Oh shit!

I~LUV~Caddys8792
02-12-10, 11:05 PM
bar or hotel room? If hotel room, I might just stock up before I hit the road. Cheaper that way.

EChas3
02-13-10, 12:53 AM
Traffic permitting, I'm less than 2 hours away. What kind of activities are planned? I must have not seen the main thread.

Lord Cadillac
02-13-10, 12:59 AM
Traffic permitting, I'm less than 2 hours away. What kind of activities are planned? I must have not seen the main thread.
Bring protection...

CadillacGurl
02-15-10, 10:44 PM
oh good god I am bringing my camera!! :D

I~LUV~Caddys8792
02-15-10, 11:17 PM
Don't get too excited Nicki. When Sal says "protection" he means guns. We're going to start a war over in the southside.

Lord Cadillac
02-16-10, 12:40 AM
oh good god I am bringing my camera!! :D

Evidence = bad! :p

Don't get too excited Nicki. When Sal says "protection" he means guns. We're going to start a war over in the southside.

No! I don't mean guns! :p (I know you knew that.) :highfive:

JimmyH
02-16-10, 12:20 PM
The southside is a very tricky place. You can go from luxury condos to projects in a matter of a few blocks.

CadillacGurl
02-16-10, 12:40 PM
The southside is a very tricky place. You can go from luxury condos to projects in a matter of a few blocks.

Especially right by Illinois Institute of Technology (IIT)

MacMuse
02-16-10, 06:32 PM
Has anyone noticed that Jesda secured a hotel just blocks from McDonald's Coroporate HQ and one of the best (reliable food quality, cleanliness) McD's you'll find?

I think someone has ulterior motives...

JimmyH
02-16-10, 06:57 PM
JESDA!!!!!!

he is ignoring me :crying:

thebigjimsho
02-16-10, 07:29 PM
Especially right by Illinois Institute of Technology (IIT)
I wanna go to the Tennessee Institute of Technology and Science...

I~LUV~Caddys8792
02-16-10, 08:42 PM
No! I don't mean guns! :p (I know you knew that.) :highfive:

Well considering that the meet only has one woman and you're now telling me to bring condoms, I'm a little scared now.

JimmyH
02-16-10, 08:51 PM
two women, Michelle is meeting up with us Friday night. And if I am lucky, maybe a little hotel sex...

MacMuse
02-16-10, 11:48 PM

I hear Hooters and Tilted Kilt have a lottery to hire their Valedictorian.

Ranger
02-16-10, 11:52 PM
Well considering that the meet only has one woman and you're now telling me to bring condoms, I'm a little scared now.
And YOU'RE scared? I suspect her protection will be in the form of a .45.

Lord Cadillac
02-17-10, 12:45 PM

That's a great place! I was there over the weekend - but I'd rather go to Brothels and Waffles...

Don't be scared. Other women can always be invited. You just haven't been to the right party yet. Don't worry, I'll leave the hard core stuff to other meets. You guys are too innocent. :)

I~LUV~Caddys8792
02-17-10, 08:15 PM
Don't be scared. Other women can always be invited. You just haven't been to the right party yet. Don't worry, I'll leave the hard core stuff to other meets. You guys are too innocent. :)

You mean the snuff films? Because I have a tripod.....

thebigjimsho
02-18-10, 12:31 AM
teh STEW!!!

JimmyH
02-18-10, 12:39 AM
could be, if you ever bothered to show up to any of these meets. Mr Roadtrip who can't make one to Chicagoland.

thebigjimsho
02-18-10, 12:55 AM
could be, if you ever bothered to show up to any of these meets. Mr Roadtrip who can't make one to Chicagoland.
you are old hat. V2 will not be driven 1,000 miles in winter. especially to chi-town...

dirt_cheap_fleetwood
02-18-10, 04:21 AM
Ummm... airplane?

thebigjimsho
02-18-10, 10:05 AM
Ummm... airplane?
you wanna pay for me?

CadillacGurl
02-18-10, 11:22 AM
You big baby :smack:

thebigjimsho
02-18-10, 11:33 AM
You big baby :smack:
Why? You live there and you won't even be there...

JimmyH
02-19-10, 12:40 AM
I guess that is what happens when you buy an overpriced 556 bhp penis, and then stick carbon fiber all over it...no money left for road trips or airfare.

Lord Cadillac
02-19-10, 08:23 AM
My new arrival time will be 5pm as I missed my 6:55am flight.

CadillacGurl
02-19-10, 10:46 AM
Why? You live there and you won't even be there...

Yes I will. I might drop by tonight before I work at 8PM. BTW, Jimmy they have Shiner at my Jewel :D Tomorrow I might be able to go to the auto show... it depends on how much I drop today when I go pick up my iPhone.

Ranger
02-19-10, 11:34 AM
My new arrival time will be 5pm as I missed my 6:55am flight.
5:00 PM! Guess we'll have to hold off dinner a bit til you get to the hotel. Call JimmyH when you are enroute from the airport. I think he left his number in one of these threads.

I~LUV~Caddys8792
02-19-10, 11:51 AM
Ok, so now considering the fact I'm leaving at 10, instead of 8:30 as planned, should I meet all of you guys at the hotel? Gary Dulude should be in by then, and I'm rooming with him. I'll be on the road in 10 minutes, so call me with any information. All the pertinent personnel have my number.

dirt_cheap_fleetwood
02-19-10, 01:05 PM
pertinent personnel

That just made my morning lol.

thebigjimsho
02-19-10, 02:09 PM
I guess that is what happens when you buy an overpriced 556 bhp penis, and then stick carbon fiber all over it...no money left for road trips or airfare.
Listen, Chucklebunny, the V2 has nothing to do with it. I've made 2 payments on it and put nothing down. But I've made more trips than I normally would this year including an unplanned trip to CA for my grandma's funeral. And I helped pay the way for my brother and his wife to make sure they were there. Work hasn't been as busy as I'd hoped by now and I'm in the market for a home. So I've been trying to reign in on unnecessary spending.

So if you guys hadn't sat on your hands just mumbling and guessing what you were gonna do with Chad not sure if he'd make it because of work and Gurl taking off with the hubby and everything sounding lukewarm for awhile, I would've gotten a cheap flight for well under $200 instead of the $350+ now. One thing I could never stand was wasting money on flights...

Lord Cadillac
02-19-10, 02:33 PM
Listen, Chucklebunny, the V2 has nothing to do with it. I've made 2 payments on it and put nothing down. But I've made more trips than I normally would this year including an unplanned trip to CA for my grandma's funeral. And I helped pay the way for my brother and his wife to make sure they were there. Work hasn't been as busy as I'd hoped by now and I'm in the market for a home. So I've been trying to reign in on unnecessary spending.

So if you guys hadn't sat on your hands just mumbling and guessing what you were gonna do with Chad not sure if he'd make it because of work and Gurl taking off with the hubby and everything sounding lukewarm for awhile, I would've gotten a cheap flight for well under $200 instead of the $350+ now. One thing I could never stand was wasting money on flights...
Wow. You called JimmyH a Chucklebunny. No need for such horrific, violent name-calling. :)

Anyway. What if I told you I could get you that airfare for $200.00 right now? Would you go? :D Because I can... I'm sure it's WAY too last minute, however...

thebigjimsho
02-19-10, 02:37 PM
Wow. You called JimmyH a Chucklebunny. No need for such horrific, violent name-calling. :)

Anyway. What if I told you I could get you that airfare for $200.00 right now? Would you go? :D Because I can... I'm sure it's WAY too last minute, however...
Depends on what airline and type of airplane it is. EPIC Airlines, perhaps??

Lord Cadillac
02-19-10, 02:41 PM
Depends on what airline and type of airplane it is. EPIC Airlines, perhaps??
You pick the airline and let me know the price.. I'll work from there..

Jesda
02-19-10, 03:12 PM
so if you guys hadn't sat on your hands just mumbling and guessing what you were gonna do with chad not sure if he'd make it because of work and gurl taking off with the hubby and everything sounding lukewarm for awhile, i would've gotten a cheap flight for well under $200 instead of the $350+ now. One thing i could never stand was wasting money on flights...

what am i, chopped liver? Have you seen my awesome sunglasses

gdwriter
02-19-10, 03:38 PM
Posting from 39,000 ft. @ 445 knots over Montana and about to cross into Wyoming on Alaska Air 686. Flight Aware shows an ETA of 3:41 p.m.

MacMuse
02-19-10, 04:13 PM
... All the pertinent personnel have my number.

woooo-hooo -- I'm impertinent -- neener-neener.

Oh wait. I resemble that remark.

;)

Lord Cadillac
02-19-10, 04:31 PM
I've got wi-fi on American Airlines. Cool. Looks like I'm not the only one. I should be in Chicago by 5pm and at the hotel shortly afterwards.

thebigjimsho
02-19-10, 04:36 PM
what am i, chopped liver? Have you seen my awesome sunglasses
http://smiliesftw.com/x/Squinty500.png

JimmyH
02-20-10, 01:29 PM

Chucklebunny is not amused, but stands corrected :D

JimmyH
02-20-10, 01:44 PM
JESDA!!!!

now we are waiting for you

Jesda
02-20-10, 02:11 PM
My roommates are taking forever to shower. Probably doing more than bathing.

thebigjimsho
02-20-10, 02:31 PM
The epic Chucklebunny...nice...