: sts v lights

torched10
01-25-10, 05:12 PM
Have had my 2008 sts v over a month and its really a nice car.have a question on the car lights.seems to me theyre always on--the little green lights on the dash are always lit.if i flip for the brights the bright light icon comes on,and when i check while parked,i can see the lower bright light set is on.ive gone thru the manual and im on automatic light,no question.if i roll the light switch up and turn off the lights,the auto stops working,and says that in the dash.so im wondering is the default mode leave the lights on all the time,or perhaps the running lights are part of the nighttime bulb,and just appear to be always on--thanks

remmjg
01-25-10, 07:35 PM
sounds like your auto sense wipers are on,:thepan: turn them off and your lights will go off in the daytime. it happened to me

jedhead
01-25-10, 07:46 PM
X2 with the above.

Bob

torched10
01-25-10, 08:13 PM
thanks--how do i turn them off--if its in the manual Ill look it up--my wifes out with the car so i cant look itup now.Is the auto sense wiper the function that turns on the wipers when it senses rain--it it is, its definitley on--thanks alot--bob

jedhead
01-26-10, 04:18 PM
Right stalk all the way down.

Bob