: greetings gentlemen

jhatem
08-12-04, 03:53 PM
I am new to your forum and have a few questions. But first a little about my cars. I currently own three Devilles, a 1990, 1997, 2003 all running well. The cars have approximately 250,000, 150,000 and 50,000 miles and I have owned them for 10, 4, and 2 years respectively. I own the service or shop manuals which I ordered from helminc.com I am aware of gmpartsdirect.com
My current questions are:
1) Is there any site online that provides the OEM part numbers for the specific models?
2) I am looking for a transmission filter kit for the 97 Deville with the 4t80e transmission. The kit comes with I believe a gasket, a filter, two screens, and some other rubber pieces. Anyone know if this can be ordered online?
3) Can the front headlight cover on the 97 (the clear plastic) be ordered separately or must the entire headlamp assembly be purchased?
4) Lastly is there a technical section on this site devoted to transmissions?
Thank you for any information you may provide.

STS 310
08-12-04, 04:14 PM
Welcome
There isnt a forum dedicated to trannys. Post your threads in the Deville section, and someone will post with an answer or feedback on everything you asked above.

PurpleDeville
08-12-04, 04:35 PM
*COUGH* *COUGH* there are a few girls here too!!!!!!!! *COUGH* *COUGH* LOL j/k i just wanted to say hi and welcome ya to the caddy forums. i am new here myself :) this site seems to be very helpful and full of info so i am sure you will get answers to your ?'s

elwesso
08-12-04, 05:49 PM
Welcome aboard......!

1. Try www.gmpartsdirect.com
2. See no 1
3. A lot of times a glass shop or something can replace that.....
4. No but visit our other forums, i think you will find what we can offer anything you need

again thanks for signing up !

CADDYBLACK99
08-12-04, 09:17 PM
Welcome jhatem!
Thanks for joining the forum! I see you have many leads already, check them out. Good grouping of devilles all approx 7 years apart. How would you rate each one? Good Luck!
Paul

Adam
08-13-04, 11:50 PM
welcome to the forum. hope you get all the answers you need and get your problems fixed. if ya got time check out the non model discussion and help us vote for the next possible DUB Car. take it easy. :welcome: