: head gasket repair in Iowa or surrounding states

RodneyPierce
01-23-10, 10:44 PM
Hey guys, Ive got a 98 STS in need of head gaskets. Im in Cedar Rapids, Iowa and would like someone in Iowa or surrounding states within a reasonable distance (4 hours one way perhaps). Ive got about 2800-3000 to spend on the head gasket repair and a new front motor mount. Anyone know of anyone in the area or close that does good work on the northstars?

97EldoCoupe
01-23-10, 11:52 PM
Hey Rodney not sure if you got my email response or not but I will be happy to do the repair for you if we can arrange shipping. $2200- that leaves $600-$800 for shipping. Once I get the new Eaton rear diff in the Sierra I can arrange pickup from the Canadian side of the Detroit or Port Huron crossing. Getting the car across is easy- all you need is the registration to the vehicle in case they want to verify that you're the owner. We do charge extra for the pick-up so if you can drive right to our shop it'll save you a bit more $$.

Our best time is 22 hours straight (non-stop) for the HG job but we prefer an allowance of 2 full days for U.S. and long distance customers.

http://maps.yahoo.com/#mvt=m&lat=41.87779&lon=-87.35543&zoom=8&q1=Cedar%20Rapids%2C%20Iowa&q2=Windsor%2C%20ON

Check out the map above- 515 miles.

-Jake

RodneyPierce
01-24-10, 02:36 PM
hey Jake! I did not receive it for some reason? But after doing more research after I posted that I think we will drive it up to you. Its still plenty driveable, and doesnt use a whole lot of coolant yet. But i did the block tester and the fluid turned yellow in a matter of 3 or 4 pumps so i know there is exhaust gases present. Ill have to work on a passport for Amanda and I then will just drive it to your shop. We figured we could take a taxi service or get a rental car for the couple days we would need and just stay in the near by town there. I think its something like 678 miles to your shop from here? Or something along them lines. Ill also have you toss in a solid front mount while your in there. Ill get back with you on it after we get the passports taken care of. It says it will take anywhere from 4-6 weeks to get them back.

*edit* nevermind, that way takes me alot shorter route then mapquest did! so 8 hours, not bad! Ill drive it directly to the shop.

RodneyPierce
01-24-10, 06:34 PM
There is one other option ALOT closer that I just came apon. I will be in contact with you Jake! Thanks man!!!

97EldoCoupe
01-24-10, 06:53 PM
No sweat - what ever you decide Rodney. What ever works out best for you.