: Yahoo Most Popular Cars..no Caddy's?

jerseyvette
08-12-04, 11:17 AM
Check it out.
http://autos.yahoo.com/newcars/popular/thisweek.html

No Caddy's mentioned??

There is a familiar face there though..people are going for size it looks like with the cars they are clicking on to search for...

Caddy Man
08-12-04, 11:24 AM
how do they come up with most popular cars??? :rolleyes2 according to who?

c5 rv
08-12-04, 11:54 AM
Not only no Caddys, but aside from the Chevy Equinox, Hummer, and Saab, there are no other GM vehicles on the list. Interesting that the Maybach shows up on the most popular sports cars.

gothicaleigh
08-12-04, 12:11 PM
...and what, pray tell, does this have to do with the '05 STS?

The Yahoo popularity rating is based on what is searched for the most often using their engine. Where do you see that they are voting for size?

jerseyvette
08-12-04, 01:18 PM
...and what, pray tell, does this have to do with the '05 STS?

The Yahoo popularity rating is based on what is searched for the most often using their engine. Where do you see that they are voting for size?
The size comment was stemming from the 300C listed over and over and over. Why pertinent to the 2005 STS? Because I feel a Super Charged Version of the 300C would compete with any STS-V Series. I no longer own a Chrysler (had an amazingly reliable one throughout college though) but I feel the 300C is a sleeper that may seriuosly affect 2005 STS sales. I think the 300C leads in rear interior room (from a leg and head room perspective) in the mid/full size luxury segment IMO. A bit of competition is a good thing. Maybe next rev Sigmas will have a deeper and more spacious cockpit overall which is what I hope to push for with highlighting trenads for GM engineers/design people that may peek on this site once in a while. I am hearing and seeing 300C EVERYWHERE, AM Radio, TV, People keep talking about the Hemi at Parties, work etc... It's like the car is a tornado that is creeping up in the night to bite GM in the ass (and sway over all the space loving Caddy owners like me). I realize I talk a lot but the truth will set you free. Have a great day!

jerseyvette
08-12-04, 01:23 PM
how do they come up with most popular cars??? :rolleyes2 according to who?
It;s people like all of us who search the web for news, data, pricing, specs, tests etc on Yahoo Autos. Since typically more educated and younger people are on line it is a good sample of what people are interested in IMO. Since Caddy is not mentioned (and the 2005 STS is easily accessible, see the link below) it raises seriuos questions about who is sincerely interested in an STS in it's newly designed form. If it were really "striking a chord" with younger/more affluent buyers wouldn't people be digging around for specs on the car? Can all the posters here that keep boasting the car to be the gem of Caddy's line up be way off? My thoughts are that teh style, interior size and overall price/value ratio do not jive and people are looking elsewhere at new makes and models. Let's see if GM can hit a bullseye next time around.....
http://autos.yahoo.com/newcars/cadillac_sts_2005/3927/model_overview.html

gothicaleigh
08-12-04, 05:15 PM
You do also notice that all the cars listed are currently available models, do you not?
This goes down the same road that you went when trying to compare sales numbers, the STS isn't even released yet. Hell, early reviews of it are just starting to appear in the popular automotive media.
The 300 on the other hand, is a car that people are seeing and experiencing daily. It is also accessible to a broader range of buyers at it's price. There's no surprise that it is on those lists.

Maybe next rev Sigmas will have a deeper and more spacious cockpit overall which is what I hope to push for with highlighting trenads for GM engineers/design people that may peek on this site once in a while. I am hearing and seeing 300C EVERYWHERE, AM Radio, TV, People keep talking about the Hemi at Parties, work etc...

You say it yourself. People are talking about the Hemi and the car's performance. They're not debating a couple inches of extra interior space. People are not buying this car for the roomy interior. They are buying it because it is the first car in a long while with the Hemi. I don't hear people saying, "That thing got the big rear seat?".

The reaction would have been as much had Chrysler put the Hemi in the Sebring... the praise is not for the rear seat. It's for the engine that you get for that price.

Sandy
08-12-04, 05:50 PM
Say what ya want, the car is ~SIZZLING~ HOT! It came in 1st in TWO catagories!
Mid Size and #1 interest and the Dodge Magnum came in #1 wagon! They are dynamite cars! Looks, Power, Room, handling & price! They scream I'm New - Look At Me, and they go like stink ! RWD, too !
Next year is AWD and more H.P. from the Hemi. I heard from a friend who sells them that mid '06 will see a factory installed supercharger on a few select model to be sold at MSRLP. 2,000 to be made.

Slick V
08-12-04, 06:59 PM
I'll be honest here, last year I saw the SRT-8 magnum concept at the Miami auto show. I was impressed by the looks, very aggressive externally. When they released the production model I was disappointed that it was so bland, looked like a squished minivan. When the 300 came out I again was impressed, looked like a pretty solid package. Never really thought of it as a performance sedan, just because there’s a powerful engine doesn’t mean it can take the corners. They have been out for a month or so, and now I see at least 5 of them everyday, they’ve lost their appeal to me, especially seeing the type of people that drive them. Just today I saw one from an angle that made me see it has RX8 front wheelhousings. I think there played out already and I myself would never go from a Cadillac down to a Chrysler.

On another more on topic note, all of my high school and years after, I have only ever seen two people use yahoo for their search engine. Everyone uses google, seen maybe 4 use lycos though. If you want to see what people really search for on the net you should check they’re most popular.

Brett
08-12-04, 09:07 PM
Christ Jersey, you've beat this horse to death and im tired of it. the 300C is not that ****ing big...get a life

Brett
08-12-04, 11:31 PM
..people are going for size it looks like with the cars they are clicking on to search for...

you've just drawn the most ridiculous conclusion of all time. the top 4 sedans are the 300, 2 mazda 3's and a 3 series bmw. the last three are SMALL cars.

in the SUV category the ranks are equinox, rav4, rx330, x3

Shouldnt that read Suburban, LX470, Expedition? People are choosing on size right?

This is why you are a troll, you come on here, complain CONSTANTLY about the size of the STS and then use ridiculous information to back it up. you are obviously a child, stop pretending to be an adult.

dont start anymore threads in the STS forum. I will lock them.

BeelzeBob
08-13-04, 02:33 PM
This car can be obtained for $23,920.00? Every loser with $10.00 in the bank will have this car (if they want it) in a couple of years... There's no exclusivity. Who cares about the back seat?