: Who traded in the black 06' D3 STS-V in Iowa?

BPatterson
01-20-10, 02:37 PM
Just wondering. I'm trying to work a deal with them right now. :)

Redxped1
01-20-10, 10:16 PM
That car has been at 2 diffrent dealers out they way since last spring when I first saw it. Id look it over real good

BPatterson
01-20-10, 10:51 PM
I kinda figured something was up with it. I mean, it has most of D3's upgrades on it, including the ported blower, meth injection, brakes, full intake kit, corsa exhaust, led taillights, everything! I've got them down to 29 and some change.....but I'm still kinda leary about it. Waiting to hear back from D3. I sent them the link as well as the VIN.

Redxped1
01-21-10, 05:58 PM
I'd go check the car out if your not to far if I recall it was right on the Iowa ILL border there isn't munch out there if I member who knows maybe the car is perfect and just in the wrong part of the world to sell it there

BPatterson
01-21-10, 10:49 PM
You're exactly right. The saleswoman told me the nearest airport was in IL, as I was going to fly in to purchase if we could work a deal.

LITTLEELVISDAN
01-22-10, 10:35 AM
With those mods it should be pretty damn fast. Ask them if it can be warrentied with those mods. IF not they should reduce the price accordingly. If they say yes it can, get them to list all the mods on the warrenty papers to GM first. You can always call another service department with the vin the same day to see if the warrenty was activated in GM system.

GET IT IN WRITING..... My guess is that it's not going be warrentied. So have them take a couple grand off for that alone as an 06 is just about out of a GM extended warrenty program anyway. It's from the date the car was made not the date you by it.

Anything under 30k and you are doing damn good. 70k new and probably has 10k+ worth of mods. Make sure you hit up D3 for the complete history first. Call them if you have to.

BPatterson
01-22-10, 11:25 AM
With those mods it should be pretty damn fast. Ask them if it can be warrentied with those mods. IF not they should reduce the price accordingly. If they say yes it can, get them to list all the mods on the warrenty papers to GM first. You can always call another service department with the vin the same day to see if the warrenty was activated in GM system.

GET IT IN WRITING..... My guess is that it's not going be warrentied. So have them take a couple grand off for that alone as an 06 is just about out of a GM extended warrenty program anyway. It's from the date the car was made not the date you by it.

Anything under 30k and you are doing damn good. 70k new and probably has 10k+ worth of mods. Make sure you hit up D3 for the complete history first. Call them if you have to.

Lol.....all things I've already done. The GM warranty runs out on Feb. 16th of this year, and GM will not warranty the car with the mods it has on it. I contacted D3, and the car is a full Stage 2 car. It has the full intake, smaller pulley, ported blower, intercooler upgrade, blueprinted blower lid, spark plugs, Corsa exhaust, meth injection, tuned PCM, lowering springs, big brake upgrade, 22" 3-piece wheels(which I hate and would love to trade for some chrome stockers), smoked LED taillights, etc.

I've got them down to $31K out the door, so I'm assuming the $29K I got them down to was before tax and everything. I'm actually happy with the $31K out the door price, but I'd like to see if I can squeeze a little bit more out of them. ;)

CIWS
01-22-10, 12:47 PM
Odds are very high that if anything related to the powertrain on that car breaks they will not honor the factory warranty, it will be denied. But since it's done in roughly 3 weeks anyway I guess that's not that big of a factor now.

BPatterson
01-22-10, 02:17 PM
Yeah, seeing as how the factory warranty is almost up, I really didn't care. There hasn't been a new car that I've bought that I haven't voided the factory warranty within the first 6 months anyway! lol :D

jedhead
01-22-10, 03:01 PM
My main concern would be how much fun the dealers have had with the car since it was traded or sold.

Bob

BPatterson
01-22-10, 03:03 PM
About 200 miles worth.