: Color Mismatch

HUF
01-20-10, 12:09 AM
My 1995 FWB has tan interior and gray steering wheel. Is it normal?

Bro-Ham
01-20-10, 09:53 AM
What?! Maybe it was switched at some point? Have you been drinking? :) Sober up and look at it tomorrow morning and see if everything matches then. :)

outsider
01-20-10, 10:00 AM
haha, yeah either you've got your beer goggles on or it's not the original wheel

jayoldschool
01-20-10, 10:17 AM
Have you run a Carfax to see if it was hit?

HUF
01-20-10, 10:28 AM
Have you run a Carfax to see if it was hit?

CARFAX is clean.

Bro-Ham
01-20-10, 11:01 AM
Huf, this is the first you've mentioned it so does it really bother you that badly? Maybe you should enjoy more cocktails and then it will start to all look the same color. :)

HUF
01-20-10, 11:34 AM
Huf, this is the first you've mentioned it so does it really bother you that badly? Maybe you should enjoy more cocktails and then it will start to all look the same color. :)

LOL. You know I could never really say what color is the interior. It is tan in the papers, but I would rather call it very light gray. The steering wheel is just darker. A, whatever. Still looks good to me. LOL

Here is another 1995 FWB . Exactly the same color as mine. You can see that the steering wheel is GRAY!
YouTube- 1995 Cadillac Fleetwood Brougham Cold-Start and Walkaround

HUF
01-22-10, 01:31 AM

Bro-Ham,

Mixing alcoholic beverages (making martinis, cocktails) is WRONG! Do you recall what happened after people started mixing drinks in this country?

outsider
01-22-10, 09:20 AM
Bro-Ham,

Mixing alcoholic beverages (making martinis, cocktails) is WRONG! Do you recall what happened after people started mixing drinks in this country?

I don't remember anything...must have blacked out! ;) :thumbsup:

HUF
01-22-10, 11:58 AM
i don't remember anything...must have blacked out! ;) :thumbsup:

the great depression!!! :)

sven914
01-22-10, 12:15 PM
^ Well I've always said, if you're going down anyway, you should go down as hard as you can (fail better), so drink up. :alchi:

jey
01-22-10, 02:30 PM
The color is different even when the car was new:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n9P2m5XEsdE&feature=player_embedded#
Go all the way to 4:23 on the video and you can see.

The steering wheel is made of a different material than anything else in the interior so I am guessing it would be hard to color match.
My steering wheel is VERY grey though - I attribute that to 17 years of dirty hands holding the wheel. It's definitely much greyer where the hands hold it than, say, the horn area.