: Should I install aFactory Moonroof in my 93 Fleetwood

CADDYDADDY13
01-19-10, 10:56 PM
I found a guy locally who is selling a factory moonroof for a 93-96 Fleetwood. He says it is in excelllent condition, and comes with everything to install (glass, motor, seals, tubes, switch). He is asking $300 b/o for it.
Says he got it from "The Fleetwood Guy"?

I was considering buying it and putting it in my 93 fleetwood.
But I am afraid of leaks, and will it affect my factory vinyl top?
Any suggestions, or input from someone who has experience with this????
or should i not bother?

Bro-Ham
01-19-10, 11:23 PM
Sounds like you're contemplating a project you may regret. Getting it right is the challenge and leaks will be hard to avoid. If your car already has a moonroof, the moonroof part you're looking at may be a nice replacement for a broken sunroof mechanism or cracked glass but cutting the roof in your car to fit the moonroof probably looks good on paper but will be a miracle to pull it off without wishing you had just found a nice Fleetwood with the moonroof actually properly installed at the factory. :)

jayoldschool
01-20-10, 10:22 AM
Does it have a trim ring, or does the roof sheetmetal need to be flange? Does he have the headliner, too (because you need a different one)?

thefleetwoodguy
01-20-10, 01:58 PM
Does it have a trim ring, or does the roof sheetmetal need to be flange? Does he have the headliner, too (because you need a different one)?
if I remember it has the trim ring
I would say dont attempt this unless you have some kind of a
backround with sunroofs, I installed them so a few years back in the 8o's
it doesnt scare me, but best left to a pro
if you have a blue interior, I have a factory
headliner with the sunroof hole in it

you can modify the head liner you have now
and make it all work,

robb257731
01-20-10, 02:43 PM
Don't mess with it....the potential for disaster is humongous.

CADDYDADDY13
01-20-10, 05:19 PM
yeah, i'm thinking about not doing it. I would hate to ruin such a nice car..... It would be cool.. but not worth any possible aggravations if something goes wrong.

brougham
01-20-10, 06:25 PM
The only way I would ever do it is if there is already something wrong with the roof of the car and you want to pay someone to cut part of it off to replace it with one that already has it. You probably won't have much luck getting an original one out of a car to reuse for your own without damaging it or something going wrong and aftermarket ones look terrible. If you're dead set on one youd be better off buying a Fleetwood that already has it.