: 93 deville brake caliper sticking

mike93
01-19-10, 09:46 PM
hey everyone just found out today why my car has no power and is only getting 10mpg my right front brake caliper is sticking the car is pulling to the right and burning smell is coming from that side it's not safe to drive like that right??

Sevillian273
01-21-10, 02:42 PM
Of course not. The heat will pop the tire, ruin the wheel bearing, melt brake parts, bushings, etc etc. That wheel will slide in turns and in the rain. Totally not safe.

carnut
01-21-10, 09:47 PM
Probably needs new caliper guide pins both sides and properly lubed when replaced. If they are lubed and the caliper slides freely, and it still hangs up, I would suspect the rubber hose to the caliper. If you jack up the car and that wheel is hard to rotate, crack open the bleeder screw and if now it spins free, that confirms a failed brake hose. If the hose is the problem replace both front hoses and flush the brake system. DO NOT DRIVE TILL FIXED!!!

carnut
11-10-10, 10:41 AM
You might check the age of this post! He's either been killed by this car or had it repaired already! The problem with forums is the original poster rarely posts back to tell us its fixed so others can benefit

JimD
11-10-10, 09:09 PM
....The problem with forums is the original poster rarely posts back to tell us its fixed so others can benefitWell said! !

The world is populated by more takers than givers.