Cadillac Owners Forum banner
5K views 20 replies 11 participants last post by  mosimann 
#1 ·
Picked up an 04 Escalade this past Saturday. Truck rides great and has plenty of power with the 6.0 engine. After getting the truck from the dealership I bought a set of 2008 Escalade 22 inch wheels on craigslist. I must say those wheels change the whole exterior of the truck. I will try and post a pic.

I have one question about a compressor type noise that I hear at startup sometimes. When I start the truck up in the morning and sometimes in the afternoon. The compressor or what I think is a compressor comes on for about 5 seconds and then turns off. Is this normal? It never happens while driving. You can hear it inside and outside the truck when it comes on. I searched the archives but found nothing that addressed this question.

Thanks

#3 ·
#7 ·
Not sure of the tire size they were new take-offs from an 08. I think they are 285/40/22 but not certain. The funny thing is...when I picked up the truck the dealers finance lady was trying to sell me all kinds of warranties and extras which I told her I was not interested in and was in a hurry to leave after being there for 1 hour 15 mins. Prior to arriving I had called the guy who was selling the 22's on craigslist and told him I would be at his home by 3pm. It was now 4pm and I was still at ther dealer. So I called the seller and told him I was running behind when he informed me another potential buyer was enroute and thought I was him calling after being lost. Thats when I told the finance lady to drop the sales pitch on extras and close me out immediately or I was walking. Luckily I was only 6 miles from the guy selling the wheels and got the deal. The car salesman and the finance lady probably thought something was up since I left on 2 wheels but I got the truck I wanted and the wheels also. Life is good. :excited:

#13 ·
Same size tires as mine.

I removed the emblem and had the paint shop tape off the chrome and outdside piece (from the headlights and bumper area) and just paint the silverish grill part. Then I bought a new emblem and wreath for it. I also replaced my emblem in the rear at the same time because the colors were faded.

#20 ·
No the factory chrome finish is much better than aftermarket chrome finishes. I have some aftermarket 24's that I drive through the winters here in CO and they still look great after 2 seasons. Once they look bad I will just take them and have them powdercoated black by my local guy here and it'll be like getting a new set of rims.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.