: ECC not coming on

smacktime
01-19-10, 05:12 PM
1989 Fleetwood Brougham

Ok I need some advice before I start pulling things apart. I got into my car for work and I realized that the electronic climate control module wasn't coming on. When I turn on my headlights everything on the dashboard lights up, even the buttons on the ECC module. When I push any of the buttons, i get no display, no temperature control and non of the fans or blowers kick on. The only thing I have done was pull out the A/C fuse and it's fine, stuck it back in threw on two jackets and headed off to work on a cold northern virginia winter. Any suggestions anyone?:confused:

HUF
01-19-10, 05:15 PM
Something wrong with the BCM? Any trouble codes?

smacktime
01-19-10, 05:25 PM
Whats the BCM

HUF
01-19-10, 05:29 PM
Whats the BCM

Body Control Module - another computer.

smacktime
01-19-10, 05:42 PM
I dont see a BCM

sven914
01-19-10, 06:17 PM
That's because there is no BCM.

The Diagnostic Procedure for the ECC is as Follows: You need a Digital Volt Ohm Meter (DVOM)

Programmer Connector: [LMNPRSTUVW]

Control Head Connector:
[MLKJH||GFE||DCBA]
[1235||678||101112]

1. Turn the Ignition ON and the headlamps and Twilight Sentinel OFF. If the ECC displays, then repair open in "Circuit 8" (once you have the problem diagnosed, I can give the repair procedure). If the ECC does not light continue to step 2.

2. Check for blown fuses and verify the Stop Hazard operation and fuse (the ECC fuse might have been blown, but not looked like it)

3. Using a DVOM, measure the voltage from programmer pin L to Ground. If you don't get 12V, repair "Circuit 50." If you get 12 volts, continue

4. Measure voltage from programmer pin M to ground. If the reading is less than 7.5 volts, I will give you the diagnostic procedure. If the reading is more than 7.5V, continue.

5. Measure voltage from control head pin 4 to ground. If the reading is not 12V, then repair "Circuit 140" if the reading is 12 volts, then continue.

6. Measure voltage from control head pin I to ground. If the reading is less than 7.5V, repair "Circuit 974." If the reading is more than 7.5V, continue.

7. Jumper pin 12 of the control head to ground. If there is a display, repair "Circuit 155." If there is no display, continue.

8. Check for open connector terminal on pin 12, J, or 4 of the control head. If non are found, then replace the control head.