Cadillac Owners Forum banner

05 Ext...Lots of issues

1K views 7 replies 3 participants last post by  ESKY02 
#1 ·
Hey guys, Im trying to help a friend who bought an 05 ext with 115k on it a few months ago. In the last few weeks he has the Service air ride, Service air bag, and his back up sensors dont work. His air compressor doesnt turn on and with the miles I got him to just order new pump and shocks. I checked the button on the dash for the parking aid and its on. I dont know what to test or do for the Service air bag or the back up sensors?:confused:

#2 ·
Well it will have to go to the dealer to know for SURE about the service air ride and srs message. Sadly, I've had all 3 problems with my 03 EXT... and it seems these are 3 very common problems with our Escalades. If the truck has high mileage, it would be wise to get a new compressor and rear struts. I can put a nice bet that its going to be the compressor. Theres a big problem with a valve going bad inside.

The back up sensor issue is easy to diagnose. Just follow these instructions.... (mine ended up having 1 busted sensor... PM me if you need one painted) http://myweb.accessus.net/~090/cadidiag.html#urpa

And the Service SRS message I am still trying to fix myself. I work mon-fri and the Caddy dealer isn't open on the weekends so i'll go on my next day off to get it scanned. But I hear theres a problem with the front impact sensor going bad. I hosed my undercarriage off about 5 mins before the message came on... maybe I shorted it?

#3 ·
thanks luxlife. Ya i am going to just order him up new compressor and shocks. He has had so many issues with this truck...sucks. But i told him we wil figure it out. I noticed his cigeratte lighter doesnt work right, it like arc's out when i plug my cell phone charger into it.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.