Cadillac Owners Forum banner

Windshield washer not working?

9K views 2 replies 2 participants last post by  billk1981 
#1 ·
the windshield washer in my 2000 escalade is not working. I don't believe its the pump because i'm not getting voltage there. When the button is pressed neither the washer fluid works nor do the wipers move. the wipers work by themselves though. I believe this is a switch or wiring issue. does anybody have any troubleshooting tips to get me started.

thanks

#2 ·
Wiring diagram:

CutNpaste info from the service manual:

Washers Inoperative
Step
Action
Value(s)
Yes
No

Disconnect the windshield washer pump motor connector.
Connect a test lamp from CKT 228 (RED) at the windshield washer pump motor connector to ground.
Turn the ignition switch to the ACC or RUN position.
Push the wiper/washer switch in the WASH position.
Did the test lamp light?
--
Go to Step 2
Go to Step 3

Connect a test lamp from CKT 228 (RED) to CKT 150 (BLK) at the windshield washer pump motor connector.
Push the washer switch to the WASH position.
Did the test lamp light?
--
Go to Step 6
Go to Step 7

Connect a DMM between the windshield washer pump motor connector cavity A and wiper motor module connector cavity A.

Is there continuity?
--
Go to Step 5
Go to Step 4

Repair open in CKT 228 (RED) between windshield wiper motor module and windshield washer pump motor.

Is the repair complete?
--
System OK
--

Connect a test lamp from CKT 96 (BRN) at the windshield wiper motor module connector cavity E to ground.
Push the washer switch to the WASH position.
Did the test lamp light?
--
Go to Step 8
Go to Step 9

Replace the windshield washer pump motor.

Is the repair complete?
--
System OK
--

Repair the open in CKT 150 (BLK) from the windshield washer pump motor connector to ground.

Is the repair complete?
--
System OK
--

Replace the windshield wiper motor module.

Is the repair complete?
--
System OK
--

Repair the open in CKT 96 (BRN) between the windshield wiper motor module connector to the windshield wiper/washer switch connector.
If the wire is OK, replace the wiper/washer switch.
Is the repair complete?
--
System OK
--

I have seen a few members here replacing the flasher arm assembly for issues with the rear brake lights? Maybe this is causing the problem? Looking at the diagram a resistor value from the switch triggers the pump via the wiper control module. Post back if you can't get it to work. I'll try and find the values of the resistor needed to activate the pump.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.