View Full Version : 1978 sedan deville part name,#.

01-18-10, 02:08 AM
What is the name of the "plastic filler piece" that fits in between the rear quarter panels and the rear taillights?

I might be buying a 1978 Sedan Deville and these plastic filler pieces are both basically all cracked out and leaves a gaping opening between the back of both taillights and the rear quarter panels.

Thanks for any help.

01-18-10, 03:07 AM
I think when I found mine I just typed "Bumper Fillers" into eBay Motors. It's a VERY common problem with the late 70's/80's cars. I replaced all of mine with fiberglass ones, and they look great! Not having the gaps in the body makes these cars look soooo much better. Good luck!

Angry Matt
01-18-10, 08:04 AM
Matt's right with ebay, or search the local junk yards. Cadillac doesn't make these anymore so you'll have to get used or aftermarket ones. Just watch buying really cheap new ones, some tend to not line up well and can be a real hassle.