Cadillac Owners Forum banner

09 Differential

2K views 21 replies 13 participants last post by  liqidvenom 
#1 ·
Does anyone have a decent photo of the 09 diff and underside picture of the 09 V ?? I am still trying to pursue the idea of adapting same to 04-07 V. Anyone?? Luke?:bouncy:

#2 ·
I think the cradle is diffrent.
It has been done, someone swapped out the cradle which bolted right in, but you also need a 09 fuel tank. (Not a easy swap IMO)

you need measurments not just pictures, best would be to have both in hand side by side.

Pictures are just going to give you what ifs not facts.

#3 ·
Im sure you can find the pic somewhere in the 09 forum.

#4 ·
I would do this swap before I paid someone to make something. Swapping a tank isn't that big a deal if you are already pulling the cradle. Hell go find a wrecked 08 CTS and snag everything. I'd be willing to bet the standard CTS rearend is much better than our own. I'm not saying it would be an easy swap without some fabrication or some custom fittings for the fuel tank but I think it's better than paying someone start from scratch.

#10 ·
We need to get to the bottom of this!!!!!!??? I am and prolly a bunch of others are very interested in this setup.

#12 ·
If anyone minds, but I was thinking that doing this entire swap would be drastically disappointing as I firmly beleive the electronic controlled magnetic shocks play a huge role in controlling the wheel hop, never allowing the oscillation to amplify.
Does anyone know if an 09 swap works in a Gen I? Has this ever been done and truly tested?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.