Cadillac Owners Forum banner

Hotchkis is good!

1K views 12 replies 9 participants last post by  SkullV 
#1 ·
I came home today from work in sitting in front of my garage were my new Hotchkis sway bars. Took them out of the box and stuffed them in the trunk and went back to work. After work, put the car up on the lift and put them in. Easy Peasy as my daughter would say and on the way home, smiles as I hooked the turns. Massive improvement. My V is an FG2 car and when the runflats were toasted, I installed non runflat Eagle F1s. I missed that solid sidewall when it comes to cornering and hoped the new sways would stiffen things up again and yes, they absolutely do. Amazing difference. I fully recommend. Just waiting now for my TPIS modified shifter to come in on Tuesday and make the next improvement.:D

#2 ·
May be my next mod! Thanks for sharing!

#8 ·
I had sways in a 2000 grand prix GTP took curves at 90.... Got Hotchkis for my V... 1.5 hour install... completely changes the car. It is stiffer and rolls less. Love it. Worth the $. I got mine from a shop on ebay and them i checked their site and it was less than their ebay price. $349 i believe... shop around. Make sure you get the updated bushing clamps. Early versions the weld seperated. LAter versions they added additional gussetts for integrity... still could be way better but should hold up I know Ahahnu had this issue... maybe he'll chime in or search his threads.

#11 ·
Did you install collars on the inside of the bushings? I got my sways a year or two ago and love the improvement but they didn't come with collars so i'm wondering if i should get some...

#12 ·
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.