Cadillac Owners Forum banner
4K views 38 replies 17 participants last post by  cadtimes 
#1 ·
I wanted to get an 03+ but that didnt work out. Got a white 02 ext yesterday. Already slapped the 26's on. It appears it was already lowered because the wheels sit nice on it. I was expecting to buy a lowering kit so thats money saved :) Windows are already tinted about 5% in front. Back is a lil darker. Traveled a couple hundred miles from SC to Atl to pick it up. Got stop by the cops on the way home for my tint. It was night time on the interstate and for some reason the cops was shinning a spot light on oncoming traffic. I looked back and saw he made a U turn. Stop me for windows being to dark. Im wondering how he could tell from way on the other side of the road AT NIGHT TIME. He let me go though.

My tires do rub a bit so I gotta trim finders in front and back. Gotta get it balanced and alignment because the ride is horrible after the 26's were put on. Also got an E&G mesh grille I got for $330 of ebay that I have yet to put on :) A lil other minor things to do and that'll be it.

When everything is done .. will post pics.

#5 · (Edited)
So should I not say the ride is bad. Just keep quiet about it right????? I didnt know I couldnt say the ride on 26's were bad. Besides .. do you not see where I said I needed a balance? All I did was put in on. ALMOST ANY TIRES you just slap on a car will have a bad ride. So I do not understand where your coming from. I just simply stated the ride is "horrible" and what I needed to do to fix it to make it better. Of course I know it will not ride like the factory tire! Thanks for the congrads

Oh wait .. you didnt congrad me.

#9 ·
Number 1) Can you read .. are you telling me after a balance and alignment it will still be the same ride? So youre saying its pointless to get those 2 things done????? Are you kiddin.

Number 2) Thanks for the ghetto comment "opinion". I like that look :) Were you not taught if ya have nothing nice to say .. say nothing at all? Im way younger than you and I know that much.

#13 ·
congrats on the new ride, but it the tires are rubbing and have to trim the fenders, that really doesn't make any sense to me. I have after market wheels on my car and at some point when I have the money, I am going to put the factory wheels on it. I just want the correct look. I am speaking as an old man.

#14 ·
Honestly its not that bad of a rub. I may not even do it. Just from researching the forums it seems like thats what people with larger rims are doing. I would like to see rims with trimmed fenders first. I may or may not do it after that. Personal preference I guess.

#18 ·
Congrats on the new ride. If there's no pics it didnt happen!

I had my mind set on 20's when I first got the truck, but after a few months on the stock 17's, I'm happy with the ride as is. Roads here are terrible... I wasn't aware you could go over 24"? Emergency stops must be quite a challenge.

#19 ·
Thanks .. Not going to do a whole lot of driving with it. Patience though .. pics will come :) It did happen. I have pics just none that I want you guys to see yet haha. Just want to get my grille on that I have and a couple other minor things before I post.

#20 ·
Dude, you're taking shit to heart for no reason.

You never mentioned a brake upgrade..please do.The brakes with my 22's are ok at best.Towing what I tow they are a weak link for sure.26's are gonna be murder.It's just that the truck is not designed nor made to fit 26's.24's require mods that are permanent.

When the guy said 26's would work perfectly he was not talking about ride quality,whcih we are.He was simply stating the balance and alignment will work.

Don't think I'm the mean guy because that isn't true.Chances are if you have a specific question I might be answering it.

#22 ·
Congrats on the new whip Cadtimes...can’t wait to see some pix... I look forward to clearing out you headlights whenever you’re ready. You can actually drill small holes on the plastic trim and pull enough with zip ties to stop the rubbing issue. I have had 4 sets of 26s on my 05 EXT since new and haven’t had any problems whatsoever.

#32 ·
Thanks .. Grille was a steal deal off ebay .. had an eye out on ebay for months for that grille. Bought that before I bought the truck. Same thing with the rims except it wasnt from ebay. Yep took the reflector out myself.

Wow looks awesome man. I gotta do my headlights now forsure looks wicked. And nice Raptor ya got there got a YFZ450 myself, they just fit in the back perfect also.
Thanks .. I was wondering if my raptor would fit back there. My cousin and I were just trying to figure that out today. I didnt take time to measure it yet but I was telling him I thought it would barely fit.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.