Cadillac Owners Forum banner
55K views 206 replies 53 participants last post by  MORedline 
#1 ·
We now have the CTS-V Anti-wheel hop axle kits on the shelf and ready to ship.

These are economical kits designed for the guys not making 1000hp and are looking for a cheaper way to cure wheel hop.
We have had great success with our Anti-wheel hop axles in the GTO market. If your curious, go look around on LS1GTO.com and you'll find some very happy customers.
We'll be making full race axles later.

To install our Anti-wheel hop axles, you simply swap the OEM axle bars out for ours. We supply everything needed including new cv boots, cv boot clamps and grease. Our new axles fit just like the OEM axles.

Our axles are made of billet 300m, the strongest material available for making axles.
We then heat treat them in our special vacuum chamber process to give a deeper penetration on the hardness.
We even coat our axles in a black baked on polyurethane finish for a show room look :)

Here is the direct link to the axles in our on-line store.

04-05 CTS-V PASSENGER SIDE ANTI-WHEEL HOP KIT SINGLE AXLE
http://www.shop.gforce1320.com/product.sc?productId=51&categoryId=22

06-07 CTS-V DRIVERS SIDE ANTI-WHEEL HOP AXLE KIT
http://www.shop.gforce1320.com/product.sc?productId=52&categoryId=22

04-07 CTS-V ANTI-WHEEL HOP KIT (BOTH SIDES)
http://www.shop.gforce1320.com/product.sc?productId=53&categoryId=22

Thanks
Chris

See less See more
#2 ·
Very nice write-up and the website with the new CTS-V specific stuff is awesome. Us poor CTS-V guys hardly ever get the love of pix of the actual parts that will go on our cars.

I will definitely be ordering in the spring after my tax return comes through. Your products and the marketing of said products seems top-notch!!!

#4 ·
Thank you!
I work very hard on our marketing and customer service :)

I know that there were several LS2 V's which ordered these in late December. Any feed back on the hop cure? If they work and work well, I am definitely getting the 07V solution.
I've had several guys PM me to tell about great results and they said they will be posting up reviews soon.
I know alot of the axle kits were shipped up north, even to Canada for a couple and it's been really cold up that way.
I'm sure we'll start seeing some good reviews soon.

Thanks
Chris

#5 ·
It looks like you have a real quality product there Chris. I just am not an adventurous tester type, usually because my version of trouble shooting usually involves shooting that which is giving me trouble. (Or throwing it down a hill). But if this is the cure, you can count me as a customer.

#6 ·
So what you are saying if you want to get rid of the wheel hop or greatly reduce it, all I have to do is buy one of your axles either driver side or passenger. I don't plan on going more than 400rwhp and this sounds good and great price. So does it matter which side I buy? Thanks

#8 ·
If you have an 04-05 CTS-V then you need the large drivers side axle, our web page lists the axles for what year of car you have.
The 06-07 gets the smaller drivers side axle.
You just need a staggered set of axles, the 04-05 came out with 2 small axles and the 06-07 came out with 2 big axles. Both need a big and small axle to work right.
I hope that explains it, if not let me know.

Now we just need a nice step by step write-up with pictures for us noobs! Then I'm in...assuming success from the LS2 guys.
I'll work on getting some installation tips and photos put together for you all.

Thanks
Chris
Gforce Engineering

#7 ·
Now we just need a nice step by step write-up with pictures for us noobs! Then I'm in...assuming success from the LS2 guys.

#16 ·
#9 ·
:food-snacking:

#10 ·
I'm looking for photo's of half shaft (axle) removal, like for the outer hub and what you need to do to get the old half shafts (axles) out so I can make up some axle installation instructions.
I know there are some threads on this but for some reason I just cant find them.

Here is Dannboss's write up on our very first axle kit if anyone want some reading material.
http://www.cadillacforums.com/forum...v-performance/182690-gforce-axles-review.html

Thanks
Chris

#12 ·
I have a pretty good write started but wanted some photo's of the stock axle removal process to show everyone.
I PM'd Loyygagger8 to see if he kept any removal photo's of the stock axles.

Thanks
Crhis

#14 ·
Very good question!

Some guys want both axles since they are made of 300m, much stronger then the OEM axles.
Plus 300m doesnt twist much, by removing as much twist out of the axles as possible the wheel hop problem is cured even more.
Running both sides does help eliminate the wheel hop problem better then just one axle but dont get me wrong, a single axle helps tremendously.
I packaged both axles together after getting lots of requests for a discounted package for both axles.

Thanks
Chris

#15 ·
Thanks for explaining the axle question. Looks like I need to buy a larger passenger's side axle then cause I have a 05. Thanks and looking forward to getting this!

#17 ·
Doing burnouts Friday assuming I can get car tuned this Thursday. :) So I`ll be a day behind. Running very gingerly untuned.

#19 ·
Yes my numbers are corrected. Different dynos different numbers. I was at 368/363 before installing a Monster clutch and lw flywheel. On the same dyno after the install I was 375/368. Not sure how to explain that, could be the flywheel or maybe my stock clutch was slipping. Maybe its my sweet V2 shift knob?
What are your mods?

#23 ·
Hey man. What's up.

I think that the pics Dannboss and I took are up somewhere.

#27 ·
Good thing I am not a Cowboy fan. Even sadder is that I am a San Diego fan. Fail

#29 ·
What's up Shane. Haven't seen you around in awhile.

I'm a New York Giants season ticket holder pulling for the Jets :duck:

I'm not drinking the Rex Ryan koolaid YET, but what can I say, I like Mark Sanchez.

#30 ·
Manning will be teaching Dirty Sanchez how to QB this weekend!

#31 ·
I heard Sanchez is going to be making a guarantee....

#34 ·
I hope Sanchez guarantees that he's changing his first name to "Dirty"....cuz that would make my day. :2thumbs:

Colts let Jets walk into the playoffs. Painter is the worst QB (rookie or not) I've ever seen. We were winning that first game before we pulled our starters.

I do think Jets running game is awesome, but Colts D is faster than any other D in the nfl. So we'll see. Plus, Lucas Field will be ROCKING like it was last week and the Pats game that we came back and won. ELECTRIC is a good description. :)

#36 ·
Ok got the other axle on and its good. No hop. I'll be posting video this weekend.

#41 ·
The best example I can give of how well these axles work is the fact that I have been pulled over twice since installing it for Exhibition of Acceleration. Both times hard launches from light/stop sign. :rant2:

I am very pleased with how the axle stops the hop, in most cases. If I am at a dead stop, rev the engine and dump the clutch, no hop. If the road is wet and I do a rolling dump, mild hop but not the end of the world.

I am not worried about the differential failing as a result of the hop anymore, and it allows me to downshift and floor it in 2nd gear which is always fun.

So all in all I am pleased. I wish it completely stopped the hop ALL together, but not sure anything will.

I may have to get a video with Whisler and post it up. Have to figure out where to do it though.

#44 ·
Gents, some preliminary results on the driver side LS2 axle. So far very pleased.

2k and 3k clutch dump produced smooth as butter rubber tracks. Honestly not a touch of hop. Have not tried wet yet and I'm fairly sure with my current clutch anything over 3k will leave bits of flywheel behind as well as rubber. Bear in mind roads are pretty cold and icy here. My impression so far is very positive. I used to get a bit of hop/judder under most situations but that seems to have gone now. In fact didn't even know I was spinning tire at one point until she went sideways, that's how smooth it felt.

Next is wet but it won't be for a few weeks as car had other more serious issues that need to be addressed.

Happy camper here.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.