: Blinkers not working now

GreenWood
01-14-10, 12:58 AM
What could this be? all bulbs are good. blinkers don't blink

outsider
01-14-10, 11:21 AM
usually that means one of the bulbs somewhere is burnt. I know in mine, I had a bulb with a broken filiment. it would work sometimes if the filiment touched back over to the right place and other times it would just stay lit and not blink. I would suggest looking closely at each bulb.

Angry Matt
01-14-10, 10:17 PM
Did you check the relay? They're under the dash, small capacitor looking things. You can get them at any parts store, probably under $10. Does the signal stay on steady when you flick it on?

GreenWood
01-15-10, 09:26 PM
yes, it stays on. I did see a block with square shaped blocks plugged into it. It was above the emergency brake. Is this where the relay would be?

thefleetwoodguy
01-15-10, 09:47 PM
yes, it stays on. I did see a block with square shaped blocks plugged into it. It was above the emergency brake. Is this where the relay would be?
no, pass side of the steering column
its round looks like they always did back to the 60's

GreenWood
01-15-10, 09:53 PM
Is it shared with the Hazard lights? or sepeerate? The hazards do blink / work.

csbuckn
01-15-10, 10:26 PM
also known as a flasher, its seperate from the hazards(they have their own flasher). little metal cylinder.

cadi509
01-15-10, 11:04 PM
Ya sounds like a flasher it'll look like this http://www.allproducts.com/ee/zungsung/04-motorcycle_flasher-l.jpg like the top right ones