Cadillac Owners Forum banner

Regarding Nav system in these Escalade

3K views 7 replies 5 participants last post by  pilot-werx 
#1 ·
Greetings All

I would like to take the time to thank you and for allowing me to sign up to this forum that I came across for Cadillac's.

My question
I have a 2005 Cadillac Escalade and the maps have never been updated to me knowledge. Is there a update disc for this Nav system? Is the " 2010 Terraza/Venture/H3/Uplander/Relay/97X Navigation Disc " the disc I need?

What I am trying to get at is, The nav needs to be updated as the maps are pretty old and is the above disc the one I need to update it to the latest?

If so, what are the changes that is included in this update disc?
Canada and USA maps?
New Firmware?
New Gui front?

I also have a avic-z3 nav system in my maxima and I just love the gui it displays and the simple searches I can do, example lookup a address via telephone number etc. What I am trying to get at is, would this update disc do anything else then just update my maps? Would it add features like telephone search.

Also I know my avic-z3 has a harddrive, does the nav system in the escalade also have a harddrive? or does the disc need to stay in at all times.

Sorry for the newbe questions, as I dont know much about the Escalade Nav system and I just bought the car not to long ago.

Thank You Kindly

See less See more
#5 ·
Excellent thats for the help people.

Yes I know I am shocked to on how basic these Nav system are unlike my avic-z3.

Thanks All

Where is the best place to pick up the "2010 Terraza/Venture/H3/Uplander/Relay/97X Navigation Disc""? Would navgm be the best place? I am searching on ebay but I can not find the exact one and not looking forward to pay $200+ for a disc map.

Anyone have any insite :)
Thanks

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.