Cadillac Owners Forum banner

Fast 92 Intake No Longer In Production

7K views 59 replies 14 participants last post by  darkman 
#1 ·
Just a heads up to any of the guys on the fence about getting one of these, according to Jeff@SpectacleSolutions (ls1tech sponsor) they are no longer available from fast. So if anyone want's one get it now!

#2 ·
Just a heads up to any of the guys on the fence about getting one of these, according to Jeff@SpectacleSolutions (ls1tech sponsor) they are no longer available from fast. So if anyone want's one get it now!

Thats what I'm running......... and there relatively new. They give any reason for dropping the 92 ?, Any problems with it the reason ?

I gained 49 rwhp & 24 rwtq with a much flatter curve going from LS-2 intake to the fast 92, and that with a loss of over 2 lbs boost due to increase flow

#4 ·
Did he say what would take its place? I assume the 96 unit since everyone thinks they need more.
I am shocked that no other company has not come out with a polymer style intake to compete and lower the price on these intakes.
When fast went from the 90 to 92 they made several improvements and raised the price on them and it became the same part number.

#9 ·
Isn't the 102 only available in the square port and not the cathedral port?

#28 ·
I would really like to know more about this intake. Guess I will have to shoot them an email. My guess is no rails or injectors. Heck I would just take the rails and intake.
Id like the see if the maryland speed one could do the same.
The Professional Products Typhoon Intake has no affiliation with Maryland Speed. It does come with rails if ordered from Maryland Speed at their advertised price but the rails are also made by Professional Products. You can order the intake alone elsewhere.

#34 · (Edited)
#40 ·
im still confused.... what is the intake manifold part number on the LS6 - 05V? what size throttle body is it? Are the manifolds sized or have the bolt pattern for the specific TB?.. I'm looking for a direct replacement for mine for an experiment.

#41 ·
05 throttle is 78mm Electronic Throttle, with coolant passage.

Stock TB Flow @ 10" 529cfm Stock TB Flow @ 28" 885cfm - part number # cant remember.. who cares really, these are ETC with a driver side motor, 3 bolt.
A 90 mm throttle, aka ls2 is 4 bolt, Part# 12570790 with passenger motor, flows closer to 1200cfm.

Ls6 manifold part # 12573572

Im sure someone can add to this... old thread though...

#44 ·
So can I get a tpis (vendor?) Manifold With a larger TB to fit my LS6 and not encounter problems? Would I need a new MAF and tune since I have headers with w4m tune? I don't need to worry about larger injectors unless maggie right? Really looking for a replacement intake to have coated, but would rather coat one onn the shelf so I can swap once done. And if I can upgrade in the process... Then What the heck. What you guys suggestions?

#45 ·
So can I get a tpis (vendor?) Manifold With a larger TB to fit my LS6 and not encounter problems? Would I need a new MAF and tune since I have headers with w4m tune? I don't need to worry about larger injectors unless maggie right? Really looking for a replacement intake to have coated, but would rather coat one onn the shelf so I can swap once done. And if I can upgrade in the process... Then What the heck. What you guys suggestions?
TPIS (www.tpis.com) supplied me with an LS6 manifold, an LS2 Throttle body, and a wiring harness (the LS2 TB has a different number of plug-ins). They will take you old manifold as trade-in/echange. The whole thing bolted right up and required no tuning. (My tuner, PatrickG told me in advance that it would require no tuning.). It netted about 15 hp on mine, which already had a mild cam.

#46 ·
I just picked up a 102 LSR intake from fast. A little pricey but it will be able to sustain my flow needs later in the near future for a big cube short block. It has individual removable runners that can be ported with ease or if one cracks or whatever I can just replace that one. Its got a bunch of nice features I liked. It's like a 92 but on steroids.
Auto part

#48 ·
I will pm or you can email me at bneal1022@gmail.com

#50 ·
UWOOD....
can you provide like or site to get the wiring conversion? I want the modified ls6 manifold from TPIS but not very cool on their $470 throttle body. I have an ls2 TB, just need to better understand the swap and wiring.

Anyone...
Anyone have a procedure, in the service manual or otherwise, to remove the intake manifold and possibly the fual rails???? I want to remove, coat and reinstall. whos got the answers?

thanks

#51 ·
#53 ·
feel free to send me your word document to: bneal1022@gmail.com

sounds pretty simple, how do i disconnect the fuel rail - heard i need some tool to seperate it from the fuel line - never messed with fuel..
thanks

#54 · (Edited)
to remove the fuel lines you need what is called an A/C & Fuel line quick disconnect... (they are cheap plastic things.. ) you wrap around the line and PUSH away from the rail.. if you push the plastic inside the sleeve and try to pull apart.. you will be fighting it.. just keep sliding the plastic disconnect and push into the main line away from the rail.. it will come apart. the main line is a different size than the Evap line...all that has to be removed as well... the coolant line under the throttle, any brackets across the stock manifold, rails.
unclip using TWO flat head screwdrivers and press (squeeze) the clips INTO the injector to release. yea.. should have got on that procedure doc...sorry. I believe everything is 10mm. The wiring harness will have 4 plastic clips as well, in the back.. brake booster and MAP sensor... (smaller bolt from what i remember)
once you are ready to remove the rails.. its best to keep the injectors ON the rails... Grab firmly with one hand on each side, and rock front to back while pulling up to break the 'seal'... if that makes sense... easiest way I have found, sorry jumping around, just adding by memory
Example of a quick disconnect

I wont be able to send you docs at this moment... at my other shop.

I went with the Fast 92mm and hand ported 90mm LS2 throttle...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.