Cadillac Owners Forum banner

On the fence about running E85? --- Duel Flash PCM!

1K views 6 replies 5 participants last post by  wait4me 
#1 ·
This is pretty sweet. I am looking more into this and this would be really beneficial to those of you who are on the fence about running E85. Duel Flashed PCM's from Frost on ***************. I have an extra PCM so I may send him mine to do one tune for E85 and another for Regular 91 octane in the event I can't find a gas station or I need to take a long trip. I can then just flip a switch and have an instant compatible tune

http://www.ls1tech.com/forums/new-p...-flash-pcms-run-2-seperate-tunes-one-pcm.html

Let me know what you guys think!

#3 ·
Oh yeah, reading owns me. :)

I will need this as I'm getting about 160 miles per 1/3 tank with e85 which should be about 240 per tank! Still fun and hasn't gotten annoying yet but the dual PCM option would be sweet

#7 ·
You can do the same thing for $40 dollars, http://www.ecusoft.ru/index.php?main_page=product_info&products_id=52 It uses the factory flash type, you just put in another on top of the stock chip, and run the switch wires, 5 i think... I made a few out there, they worked REALLY good.

However, you are going to have issues without running the e85 sensor.

What people dont understand is, the percentage of alcohol vs gas DRAMATICALLY effects the stoich ratio of the fuel, and what air fuel ratios needed by the vehicle to run correctly and safely..

Just getting a tank at the same gas station a few days apart shows Large differences in the percentage of fuel/alc... The only way around it is to use the e85 sensor they have on some e85 trucks, and wire it in and then use the e85 code from the factory.. Then you dont have to worry about running it... What ever gas type you run, the computer would just automatically set it self up based on that percentage.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.