: Ball joint upgrade??

lesinfamous
01-12-10, 09:52 PM
Has anyone upgraded the ball joints on their RWD caddies? I have a 75 limo and am looking for stronger ball joints. I have looked at some NAPA HD upper ball joints PN 260-1091, has anyone else used them? Does anyone know about HD LOWER ball joints? ie which brands. Furthermore, would stronger ball joints make the ride stiffer or firmer? I don't want to stiffen up the ride too much...Thanks

csbuckn
01-12-10, 11:19 PM
I dont think ball joints would stiffen up the ride. If your ball joints are bad, they will correct the issue but the handling shouldnt be anymore than stock. I would think HD ball joints have a thicker ball and socket but it really depends on the owner to keep them greased.

deVille33
01-13-10, 09:58 AM
NAPA has 2 replacement joints available. The inexpensive and the top shelf joint. I don't know who manufactures the more expensive joint, but the inexpensive joint is made off shore, Tiawan, China, India, etc. Quality?? Buy MOOG and be assured. Made here, and are upheld by most as the standard of quality.

Angry Matt
01-13-10, 08:33 PM
I have buddys that do hydraulics and swear by the NAPA heavy duty joints. I never looked too much into them, but I replaced my stock ball joints with moog over the summer because of all the good reviews. Can't say that it changed the ride, maybe tightened the steering a bit, but they seem like a quality product.

mjs182004
01-13-10, 09:07 PM
I was gonna say MOOG, but you guys be me too it. I'm going to be replacing mine this spring with MOOG's