: Help! TOO MANY THINGS TO FIX

SKANS760
01-12-10, 03:54 PM
Random misfire, misfire # 5,3,6, secondary air smog pump

CateraMV6
01-13-10, 11:16 PM
I would look at the MAF sensor... that can cause some misfires too.

As for the smog pump, you may need to check if it works and if its out replace it.

AHazzardToAll
01-14-10, 06:36 PM
is the smog pump really necessary? I know on my dad's 75 corvette we just took it off. But that's when they were just introduced. How are they worked into our set-up? Just asking for educational purposes. =D

Black02SLPSS
01-19-10, 05:15 AM
If you look at your exhaust manifolds they are actually bolted to both of them on each side and then they make a 90 degree turn and have a couple of rubber hoses and then another tube that goes in front of you excessory drive. From there it goes into what looks like a can, then up into another rubber hose then into the intake resignator thing. Stupid smog pump egr thing whatever the hell it is. I personally dont feel like its necessary at all. All you doing it introducing exhaust that cant be burned again, which contaminates the clean air charge that comes in thru the throttle body, which in turn doesnt give you a complete clean air charge so it will run less efficent IMO and make less power. Completely worthless to me...