: does it sound good now?

majax
08-11-04, 03:35 AM
Hey as most of ya know I got a '99 STS with the 425 Bose sound system. Well for all you guys I want to know what you think of your Bose sound system or any bose sound system you have heard. I got a friend who says bose is crap and had a profession car sound guy convince him of it so he was tellin me all this. Well I kinda like my the sound system in my car but haha he said it wasnt to impressive. Although I have read reviews on the car saying it was a superb sound system he wasnt convinced. I think i could agree with him that they are a very overrated company. What do you think and are bose sound systems crapy? Do you like the one in your Cadi? I know the system in the 98+ plus seville is largely upgraded.

Randy_W
08-11-04, 08:44 AM
When a guy spends $5k on a system, he's not likely to :rolleyes2 admit a factory unit is good!

Msilva954
08-11-04, 09:20 AM
When a guy spends$5k on a system..........all I can say is "Can I have some money"

Caddy Man
08-11-04, 12:40 PM
honestly, i like bose, then again i came from big bass with crappy highs, so for me, the nice crisp sound of bose is something i really like.

Night Wolf
08-17-04, 02:05 AM
Bose, or Blose as I call it are garbage... really, I would hate to bring the news to anyone... I have heard some factory car Bose systems that sound ok (DeVille, Maxima etc..) but that has to do more with placement and acoustics of the speaker.... before I got my car, I was into home audio, moslty vintage too, and know a huge amount on almost anything home audio, and all the tell tale signs of Bose in the home world can be brought into the car world... in closing, they are truely bad... better sound through research? no more like more profit through marketing.... ahh I cna go on but I need sleep, I'll come back to this sometime...

majax
08-17-04, 03:51 AM
yeah thanks I'd like to hear more Night wolf. Yeah my friend said pretty much the same thing as you did, also that the wires they give ya are crudy. What brands do you think are good then?

Imprl59
08-17-04, 11:09 AM
Hey as most of ya know I got a '99 STS with the 425 Bose sound system. Well for all you guys I want to know what you think of your Bose sound system or any bose sound system you have heard. I got a friend who says bose is crap and had a profession car sound guy convince him of it so he was tellin me all this. Well I kinda like my the sound system in my car but haha he said it wasnt to impressive. Although I have read reviews on the car saying it was a superb sound system he wasnt convinced. I think i could agree with him that they are a very overrated company. What do you think and are bose sound systems crapy? Do you like the one in your Cadi? I know the system in the 98+ plus seville is largely upgraded.

Its a very decent factory sound system. I'm sure you could easily out perform it with aftermarket stuff but if you are happy with the sound why do you give a crap what somebody else thinks of it?

Steve B.

Vesicant
08-17-04, 09:01 PM
Bose was never really concentrated about bass.. any Bose system, its made for clarity and depth. As with any speaker company, as the years pass technology gets better and sound gets better. You cant compare an older Cadillac's (or other manufacturer) Bose system to a newer system. Now, you get surround sound.. numerious tweeters in specific positions throughout the car, advanced sound processing etc. When back then, it was just four quallity speakers delivering better than stock sound. Its that way today, but more advanced.