: Sub turns on when radio off?!?!?

J.Paquin
01-11-10, 08:17 PM
Hi all,

Quick question. I installed an aftermarket sub and amp to my CTS BOSE system. Sounds great, love it. Problem though...when I turn off my radio my subs turn on and hum quite loud, and it doesnt stop until I turn the key off. I have the remote wire to the CCP fuse under the rear seat. Did I wire the remote to the hot side? Is this bad? Is it my ground? I tried moving the ground and it didn't help. I have the amp grounded to one of the 4 bolts that fasten the top of the rear seats to the trunk. Is this a bad ground? Can anyone help!!

Thanks guys.

cadillaced
03-10-10, 07:56 PM
that hum is coming from feedback most likely. try turning down the bass level control on your amplifier until there is no feedback and adequate bass levels.:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Tesla1
09-22-10, 11:25 PM
i need some help with my 2006 cts. I have the pac soem-4 but it wont turn off my amp. amp stays on all the time, I currently have the rear speaker outputs from the base amp to the pac and then to my amp, and wired it so that the aftermarket amp powers the front speakers which i have replaced, and have the front outputs on the base amp powering rear door speakers as fill. I cant get the aftermarket amp to make sound unless i remove the ground from the pac and then reconnect it. can anyone tell me where to find a fuse to use as a trigger and can anyone help with the sound issue? thank you

baller95
10-11-10, 07:15 PM
Never hook up amp ground to seats because the road noise get picked up somehow by the seat, thus causing it to hum !