Cadillac Owners Forum banner

Can a guy buy a extended warranty for like $2000 if he has no warranty now?

1K views 5 replies 6 participants last post by  Caddycrown_Hollywood 
#1 ·
I need some work done. I have a service stability light on that the dealer told me I need a EBCM, which will be at least $1500, my tailgate won't stay up, there is cold air leaking in from outside on my passenger side under the glove box. Anyway, these items are going to cost me a few bucks, so I was wondering if I can get an extended warranty to cover EVERYTHING for a couple years, it would be worth it. Any advice would be appreciated. thanks!

#2 ·
gmpp sold me a warranty after my factory had expired on my 05 cts, but i was only like 1,000 miles over. ive only used it 1 time since getting it just for a tie rod end. i think to get the extended it has to be before your over the factory warranty's mileage, or a reasonable amount over, not 20,000 miles over then i don't think you can get it. i got mine for the CTS right over the phone they never inspected the car or anything, i could of had 20 problems and nobody would of ever known. my dealer tried to give me BS at first because i didn't get the warranty through them, but i still had gmpp and in the end they had to honor it. how many miles over your factory warranty are you anyway?

#4 ·
Dealers will still sell you an extended warranty, but they will charge you extra $$$ because your factory warranty is out. With regards to the cost of these warranties, their price is just as negotiable as the cost of a vehicle (maybe even more so). ;)

#5 · (Edited)
While it is possible to buy a service contract now be very careful, not only of the terms and conditions but keep in mind that pre existing conditions are excluded. If you are buying a service contract to fix what is already broken the claim will more than likely be denied for pre existing conditions. If the company you are getting the contract from is any good they will require an inspection, that inspection will list everything that needs to repaired, those items will either be excluded until repaired or some companies may not even issue the contract. As far as the ones you see on TV, BE CAREFUL!!!

BTW, $2000 sounds a little cheap for a comprehensive contract that is good for a decent amount of time on a awd Cadillac.

Disclaimer time, When not selling the Galaxy 1000 I do provide dealers with Insurance products and Service Contracts as well as compliance programs. As a professional I carry only quality products and really despise the people and programs that hurt the consumer. They give us a bad name.

Feel free to PM me or post any other questions.

Fred

#6 ·
As far as the ones you see on TV, BE CAREFUL!!!
Indeed, check those names out with the BBB online and you will see the countless scams that these companies offer. They will try to do anything NOT to pay your claims or find excuses like your car's mileage is over their basic service, therefore they have limited obligations unless you pay extra. Seriously, you can find lots and lots of articles online.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.