: Suspension Issues...

PSCBLS
01-10-10, 06:19 PM
Hi guys,

I've noticed a rattle from the front end, not dissimilar to when I had an Alfa and the bushes had gone..
I've had the droplinks replaced on both sides which seemed to stop it but it's back.
I've read on Saab forums that it's a known problem, and more pronounced in cold weather...

just wondered if anyone else had experienced this?

many thanks
Phil

S70RMP
01-11-10, 05:14 PM
Hi

I've not noticed anything like you describe, have you had a price to fic it yet?

I'm due a service next month I think so thats gonna cost !!

PSCBLS
01-18-10, 06:11 PM
Hi

I've not noticed anything like you describe, have you had a price to fic it yet?

I'm due a service next month I think so thats gonna cost !!

Not as yet, I have a great local dealer who's said (when it goes in for service - also next month) he'll take a look and let me know, I'm thinking if they've gone after just 34k I may put powerflex ones in, had to do that with my Alfa as it just chomped on them.

off topic but bored in work (that does surprise me - not!) was googling other models, stumbled upon the CTS-V, OMFG! it's worth moving stateside just to own one!

S70RMP
01-19-10, 07:31 AM
imagine a BLS-V !

PSCBLS
01-21-10, 12:53 PM
imagine a BLS-V !

blimey yeah, there'd be room for one, an RS4 beater!

S70RMP
01-21-10, 04:35 PM
blimey yeah, there'd be room for one, an RS4 beater!

I'd like to have a drive of the 2.8 V6 BLS

I was expecting them to make it a 3.2 V6 model

70eldo
01-26-10, 05:05 AM
The BLS 2.8L Turbo is fast! Faster than the CTS 3.6!
I (test)drove it on the Autobahn. It is not limited at 250 km/h and it made 262 km/h. Just a little turbo lag, but there's enough torque in the low end.

Meanwhile the 2.8L Turbo makes 300 hp in the SRX. Imagine that in the BLS! I was just underwelmed by the fact that the 2.8L turbo doesn't look any different than a 'normal' BLS. It is just slightly lower and has slightly bigger exhaust tips.
Also, the seats, though very comfortable, provide little side support, considering the tight suspension.

S70RMP
01-26-10, 08:13 AM
I just couldn't afford to run it !

the autobox is a fuel drinker on mt TDi

caddykev
01-29-10, 12:06 PM
PSCBLS,
Hi, I've just bought a BLS 1.9 td. We used to own an 99 STS. I must say that the fuel bills have DRAMATICALLY gone down. Sadly, the BLS, being a euro car isn't a patch on the old STS. I guess ride quality isn't so important to europe as it is in the States!! I am pleased with the BLS but I have to admit it's a bit more than noisy when rolling along!! It's fitted with Pirelli's too. I always thought they were a reasonably quiet road tyre? Our BLS is brand new so we have no front end rattles yet. The Euro car fans ( Jeremy Clarkson and co ) are always bad mouthing Yank tin but I reckon they could learn a thing or to about comfort!!! I know I own a Saab 93 in reality, but it still bears the badge of THE best car manufacturer in the world!!!