: classic caddy

MMNineInchNails
07-16-03, 07:31 PM
Does anyone know of a classic cadillac forum? I feel like I'm in the wrong place. Everyone has newer cars. :(

HotRodSaint
07-16-03, 07:36 PM
Does anyone know of a classic cadillac forum? I feel like I'm in the wrong place. Everyone has newer cars. :(

And we're all a little jealous of you too.

Liseckas
07-16-03, 08:52 PM

You're not the only one!
I do like to read about all the problems they have with the newer cars though.

MMNineInchNails
07-16-03, 09:27 PM
hey Liseckas,
I just read your signature! about the '85 300d turbo. My friend used to have a '80 240d and we actually rolled it one night! it flipped about three times and landed on the roof and we took out a whole lot of bushes and a tree in the process!!! Here is a link to the pictures we took of it:

http://www.geocities.com/mmnineinchnails/mercedescrash/mercedescrash.html

bs4sho
07-16-03, 09:44 PM
Damn im surprised you guys are still alive!

MMNineInchNails
07-16-03, 09:45 PM
lol. alls that happened to us was that my friend got a cut on his arm. I was fine, except i got a bump on my head from when i took off my seat belt and fell on my head. LOL.

elwesso
07-17-03, 12:08 AM
If you took off and went somewhere else, then this would only be a contemporary cadillac forum, not for ALL cadillacs....... Stay here for a while and some experts on old cadillacs will show up......

MMNineInchNails
07-17-03, 12:43 AM
kk,,,......................................

BeelzeBob
07-17-03, 09:16 AM
This forum caters to all kinds. We're only 7 months old so be patient and we'll get more classic Cadillac owners in time...

bs4sho
07-17-03, 12:55 PM
i think its doing good for only 7 months old! :shocked2:

elwesso
07-17-03, 03:02 PM
Its doing better than most forums i know of....... At least the membership will respond to your posts, unlike other forums ive been on!!!

Liseckas
07-17-03, 09:46 PM
If you took off and went somewhere else, then this would only be a contemporary cadillac forum, not for ALL cadillacs....... Stay here for a while and some experts on old cadillacs will show up......

Show up?...I've been here since March.....Caddy's of 30's, 40's and 50's are my specialty, but then there probably aren't too many member's in this forum that are interested in these cars.

HotRodSaint
07-17-03, 10:00 PM
Its doing better than most forums i know of....... At least the membership will respond to your posts, unlike other forums ive been on!!!

So people ignore you on other forums, do they? :devillaug

HotRodSaint
07-17-03, 10:02 PM
Show up?...I've been here since March.....Caddy's of 30's, 40's and 50's are my specialty, but then there probably aren't too many member's in this forum that are interested in these cars.

I'm interested whatcha got?

I prefer the styling of the '40's and '50's (and '60's). The engineering of the '30's is very respected.

elwesso
07-17-03, 11:01 PM
On those forums, they seem to ignore everyone with a post count less than 500!!

Liseckas
07-22-03, 05:56 PM
I'm interested whatcha got?

I prefer the styling of the '40's and '50's (and '60's). The engineering of the '30's is very respected.

I don't have much at the moment to brag about, I didn't want to keep something that someone could enjoy more than myself. The only "antique" Caddy that I have now is my '51 coupe and I'm not driving it that much anymore either. If I get another crazy http://www.automotiveforums.com/vbulletin/images/smilies/screwy.gif (javascript:smilie(':screwy:'))idea in my head I may sell it too, but I think it would be less painful for me to cut off my arm.

Liseckas
07-22-03, 06:18 PM
hey Liseckas,
I just read your signature! about the '85 300d turbo. My friend used to have a '80 240d and we actually rolled it one night! it flipped about three times and landed on the roof and we took out a whole lot of bushes and a tree in the process!!! Here is a link to the pictures we took of it:

http://www.geocities.com/mmnineinchnails/mercedescrash/mercedescrash.html

Any wreck that you can walk away from is a good one! Isn't it amazing that you could still open most of the doors. I bet the car was still driveable afterwards.

MMNineInchNails
07-22-03, 08:57 PM
Nah, water pump cracked open and the oil pan cracked in half. Basicaly the radiator and front of the car went into the engine. HAHA. tranny was fine though, and all the doors open.