: Level ride compressor on the fritz 94 FWB

425 Dual Quad
01-10-10, 09:52 AM
Hi all,

The level ride compressor on my 94 Fleetwood is on the fritz. It wont shut off. I suspect an air leak underneath because I can hear hissing as the compressor runs. Could be the shock bags or a line. Anyways it ran the battery down yesterday so I had to jump start the car. Not good.
Is there a way of disabling the compressor until I can get under it to see. It's swnowing here!

regards & thanks, Nick

thefleetwoodguy
01-10-10, 10:16 AM
yes if its not burned up yet
under hood fuse block pass side its a green 30 amp large fuse
the cover of the fuse block will tell you which one
if you need to replace the shocks I have a decent set

Jim

425 Dual Quad
01-10-10, 12:25 PM
Hey Jim,
Many thanks - might have known you would be the first to reply. Many thanks mate. I'll pull the fuse/ relay in the morning when it's light. Battery is disconnected now - and check the air lines when I can get under, poss in the week.
Tell me, the shocks - are the the same as air shocks that would fit a '70/ '72 Chevelle, only a buddy has some spare. Not sure on teh length tho. I guess the top fittings ( 2 3/8 bolts) and the bottom fittings (eye) are the same.
How much did u want for the shocks? you can mail me with the price if you prefer.
How's the snow in NH?
regards, Nick

thefleetwoodguy
01-10-10, 12:30 PM
Hey Jim,
Many thanks - might have known you would be the first to reply. Many thanks mate. I'll pull the fuse/ relay in the morning when it's light. Battery is disconnected now - and check the air lines when I can get under, poss in the week.
Tell me, the shocks - are the the same as air shocks that would fit a '70/ '72 Chevelle, only a buddy has some spare. Not sure on teh length tho. I guess the top fittings ( 2 3/8 bolts) and the bottom fittings (eye) are the same.
How much did u want for the shocks? you can mail me with the price if you prefer.
How's the snow in NH?
regards, Nick

Nick
not sure if the chevy shocks would work
best bet it do a comparison on them make sure they have the same amount of travel
get a sponge with some soapy water and go over the fittings looking for bubbles, may be a loose airline nut at the shock, if your lucky

no too much snow here but bitterly cold
it was down to 3 deg f last night,
finally got my garage insulated and heated so I can have some fun time this winter.....let us know how things pan out Jimbo

425 Dual Quad
01-10-10, 01:50 PM
Jim,
thanks for the tips - fuse number 9, 30 A megafuse. Stopped it mid cycle. Many thanks. Wow 3 degrees! It was 26 here and we all thought that was cold!