: Best place to buy ECM? '96 Brougham

GreenWood
01-09-10, 06:07 PM
Think its time for a new ECM. Where is the place to purchase/ store or online.
Thanks

csbuckn
01-09-10, 06:51 PM
thefleetwoodguy.com

I hear he's a great guy to deal with, but that could just be hearsay;)

thefleetwoodguy
01-09-10, 09:28 PM
thefleetwoodguy.com

I hear he's a great guy to deal with, but that could just be hearsay;)

:thepan:I heard hes a real #@&*$/...lol

I got one if you want it
or I can put you onto a brand new one,
i/m/o used should be fine as they dont go "out" very often
if you dont mind me asking what are your symptons
are you sure thats what you need?
were here to help!!!

GreenWood
01-10-10, 10:53 PM
Hey,
Thanks for getting back with me on this. I think I need a new computer because of several things going on with the car. First the interior lights won't turn off while driving the car,the auto lock when in gear doesn't work, the alarm goes off when it wants to, and the A/C - Heater only blows onto the floor. I did the test on all four doors and the switches seem to be working. How much are you asking for the part?

thefleetwoodguy
01-10-10, 11:24 PM
your looking for the ccm, thats mounted in the trunk
that might fix the lighting,
as far as the ac/heat, the heater isnt designed
to blow heat through the vents on the fleetwoods 93-96
if it doesnt blow through the vent when you have the temp setting down near 60, then check under the dash right over the trans hump
theres a vac activated door that switches the air to the different outlets
def/vent/floor, see if the vac line is still attached
if it is try moving the arm maybe its stuck
as far as the door locks , have you tried to reprogram the fobs
there is a built in feature to shut off the( in gear) auto door locks
its easy enough to turn on,
also you might try to unplug the keyless entry module, black box under the third brake light, then plug it back in, a while back someone on here did that and there lights started working
you could have issues in the receiver box,and or the ccm
lets try to narrow it down.....

GreenWood
01-11-10, 12:26 AM
Tried to reprogram the keyfob didn't work. How do you get to the black box under third light? what side is the connector? I'm ready to try a new computer after this.

thefleetwoodguy
01-11-10, 12:35 AM
lift up the third brake light cover,
I think the plug faces rearwards
I dont know of any sources for a new ccm
I do have a used one for a 96,

GreenWood
01-11-10, 12:42 AM
I'm going to try to unplug that black box and if it doesnt work then I will need that CCM. How much you asking?

thefleetwoodguy
01-11-10, 06:55 PM
sent you a PM

drmenard
01-11-10, 11:38 PM
I have had problems with the box under the third brake light... that controls door lock and alarm and interior lights...sometimes it makes the door lock solinoids hum or buzz... When it acts up I just pop off the third brake cover.. just , from the back seat, grab it with your hand and pop it off...now just under the cover there is a metal box with a few clips holding it in and one plug... Pop it out from the clips holding it there, then unplug it..Most of the time I just wait a few seconds and plug it back in and it works fine ... for a month or 6 months... I have pulled it out maybe 4 times to like reboot it... I don't even put the clips back so when I have to do it again it will be eazy..by doing this you will not have to reprogram the remotes... you can do the same thing by disconecting the battery for a min..

GreenWood
01-12-10, 12:37 AM
I have disconnected the battery before, no difference same problems

tx_boy_ep
01-14-10, 10:23 AM
I got a used ecm for my 1984 DeVille from Autozone for $90 so you might want to look into that as well.