: Help-need '68 engine pics

Cygnus x-1
08-10-04, 11:34 PM
I am putting my'68 Coupe Deville (472) back together with a '70 motor. This project has been idle for a while. The problem is that I Have two sets of brackets (ps pump, alternator, etc.) and don't remember which are '68 or'70. I want to reassemble as '68. I need pictures of full- dressed engines from as many angles as possible. My e-mail does not work right, so if they could be posted to this string, that would be the best way for me to find them.

68naz
08-11-04, 04:41 PM
Here are shots of my 68 Fleetwood. Hope this helps.

68naz
08-11-04, 04:43 PM
Thar she blows!

DaveSmed
08-11-04, 05:42 PM
Wow! Wish my engine bay was that clean. Nice car!

JTraik
08-11-04, 09:19 PM
Nice! Wrong blue tho! :tisk:

Cygnus x-1
08-13-04, 11:19 PM
Thank you for the pictures. (P.S.-what is that device on the driver's side front of motor-cruise control?) I was able to I.D. one of my brackets. Unfortunately, in order to see the remainder of the brackets in question, I need pictures of a dressed engine out of the car - or of a car with radiator and grille removed. Any assistance will be greatly appreciated.

68naz
08-13-04, 11:25 PM
Yup....that's the cruise control. And as far as the blue not being original color....I wouldn't know. I bought it in this condition.

lux hauler
08-13-04, 11:30 PM
Yup....that's the cruise control. And as far as the blue not being original color....I wouldn't know. I bought it in this condition.
Not that it really matters but.....the correct blue is a dark blue. The lighter blue that's on your engine is GM Corporate Blue that was used after 1976.

JTraik
08-14-04, 01:30 AM
That really looks like a Ford blue. They dont have the correct blue on the shelves.

lux hauler
08-14-04, 11:11 PM
MTS used to carry the "correct" blue for 472/500's......they probably still have it. VHT makes a Caddy dark blue......not exact but pretty close. That's what I used on my engine. Eastwood has one also. I'm guessing that's made by VHT though.
That DOES look like GM Corp. blue on that engine. Ford blue is more of a brite blue that the light blue you're seeing there.
Anyone have a picture of a 425 engine they can post (with factory paint)?

barge master
08-14-04, 11:21 PM
Cool car dude. I had one of those back in the day. That was one big heavy car if there ever was one. Power vent windows in the back, gimme a break. A guy near me has one for sale and it's black too. If the New England rust hadn't gotten to it I'd be tempted.

JTraik
08-15-04, 12:24 AM
Cool car dude. I had one of those back in the day. That was one big heavy car if there ever was one. Power vent windows in the back, gimme a break. A guy near me has one for sale and it's black too. If the New England rust hadn't gotten to it I'd be tempted.

Damn straight baby...my 68 is my first car and is my daily driver who cares about gas...Iowa car, Iowa = No salt, dont think it was driven in the winter anyway. Even for the size these cars haul ass...front left fender jumps in the air at stop lights :lildevil:

garck
08-16-04, 06:06 PM
That is the blue on my 69 valve covers. does that mean that my valve covers have been replace? did someone paint them wrong? My 69 was made in the early part of theh 69 model year, because I don't have head restraints.

JTraik
08-16-04, 11:06 PM
That is the blue on my 69 valve covers. does that mean that my valve covers have been replace? did someone paint them wrong? My 69 was made in the early part of theh 69 model year, because I don't have head restraints.

Prolly just another case of someone grabbin a can of the GM blue off the shelf and sprayin it on there.