View Full Version : URGENT WORKING RIGHT NOW Fuel Line Removal

01-09-10, 04:30 PM
I bought the fuel line kit. It came with two plastic tools, one orange, one blue. I literally have no idea how to use them or get off the fuel line. It looks like they are different sized tools. Please help.

01-09-10, 05:32 PM
ok, assuming you have the two correct size tools.....

you just pry the tool apart and get it around the fuel line, which isnt really easy as the connectors are right a a 90* fitting.

I tried several times to get mine apart, no luck. It was a day and a half later when i figured it out and had to get a little mad.

I ended up using a large pliers to push the connection together, then pull apart.....it took some force to do it, way more than i was expecting.

All the tool does is push a spring apart or out to allow the nipple to slide back and apart, i reallly hate these kinds of connections.

without tools installed

with tools installed, then just push and pull apart with some great force, i was using a large adjustable plier

01-09-10, 05:35 PM
shot of the blue tool, the black one is not used for these fuel lines, just dont have my grey tool in the pic

my whole kit, you can see the grey one, the blue one is kinds hidden in this pic

01-10-10, 08:01 AM
Thanks, after we saw your photo, we realized they sold us the wrong tool. We got something that was on a really long handle.