: Elvis and his Cadillacs

Bro-Ham
01-08-10, 09:36 PM
It's the 75th birthday of the King today. There is a neat documentary on Turner Classic Movies tonight about Elvis on tour during 1972 which I'm watching right now. I love Elvis, his music is magical, the entertainment is legendary! What is cool about this program is throughout the program, as Elvis travels from city to city, it shows Elvis riding in a different Cadillac limousine in every city. The oldest one so far was a 66 and newest a 72. How fun! Also, he flies around on his very cool private jet. And the outfits he's wearing are sooooooo over the top! Also neat about the program are the shots of fans showing up for the concerts and there was a great shot of a 1970 Fleetwood Brougham pulling up and a distinguished lady alighted and the Brougham drove off. Love it! We have the Kentucky rain here in Florida tonight! :) Memories....sweetened through the ages just like wine! :)

Angry Matt
01-08-10, 10:14 PM
I guess that explains all the Elvis movies on. We were just watching "Blue Hawaii" on tv earlier today. Didn't see any Cadillacs, but there was a corgi on the beach and that's enough for me.

thefleetwoodguy
01-08-10, 10:26 PM
heres a good one along the "Elvis " line

as some of you know I lived on Maui for about 18yrs
and elvis has that Hawaiian connection
although he spent less then 35 days there in his life

I had just found a 1970 eldorado 500 ci/400hp
out on the island of Oahu,while doing a drydock in kawalo basin honolulu
so I shipped it to Maui when we were done, it was an instant hit
in the small town I lived (Lahaina), kinda got the celebrity status
as it was a real clean example with only 60k on it
anyway I started a rumor that it was one of Elvis's cars
most new I was full of malarky, but a few didnt, lol
after a couple months of driving this cadillac muscle car
one of the deck hands from another boat came up to me and asked me
if he could take pictures of his sister sitting in one of Elvis's cars
I agreed, and Im afraid this poor gal is still bragging on how
she sat in elvis's car,...... :0)

Angry Matt
01-08-10, 10:40 PM
That's awesome, let's hope she never finds this thread! The indoor go-kart track by me has a small car museum in it that contains a '78 seville that is said to be one of "the King's". They also have Fred Sanford's truck (one of my favorite shows). Supposedly the owner has authentication of his collection.

Stingroo
01-08-10, 10:40 PM
Ha. That's pretty funny. I like those Eldorados. They're ridiculously cool.

greencadillacmatt
01-09-10, 02:43 AM
I was $200 away from owning one, too. Went and checked it out, and even got to fire it up. If I could bottle just one sound for the rest of my life... (smiles broadly), it would be that MASSIVE 500 waking up from a month long nap.

Bro-Ham
01-09-10, 12:27 PM
Elvis was the king of Cadillacs.

outsider
01-11-10, 12:57 PM
read somewhere that he would often buy cadillacs for complete strangers he met at dealerships and stuff. :D