: Has anyone upgraded to SS brake hoses?

PGA2B
01-08-10, 03:37 PM
Just checking to see if anyone has upgraded to Stainless Steel brakes hoses on their STS V?

jedhead
01-09-10, 01:40 AM
I am considering the upgrade when its time for a brake job. I installed them in other cars and the pedal feel was firmed up.

Bob

johnb21
01-09-10, 10:17 PM
Who sells/offers them?

jedhead
01-11-10, 05:46 PM
D3 sells them.

Bob

PSRmark
01-19-10, 02:44 PM
D3 sells them.

Bob

D3 carries a good quality SS line.

Stay away from the goodridge lines on the STS-V as they have huge fitment issues.

pj96ss
02-25-10, 11:52 AM
What brand does D3 sell?

P.J.

pj96ss
03-01-10, 11:39 AM
From the pics on D3's site, the ones they sell look to be Goodridge. Prior comment was to stay away from that brand due to fitment. Wilwood said to measure existing lines and they could match up to current misc ones.

P.J.

cad08stsv
03-02-10, 02:22 PM
Good Afternoon,
I have ordered a set of these lines from D3 and James assures me that they are in fact NOT Goodridge lines. He went on to say that they have in the past use that vendor, but forund the parts infurior to what there current supplier is.providing. It would also appear that to do the STSV kit is a PITA as to fit and extra parts needed to be in line with the factory Specs. So PJ,:) I do not wish to disagree with you as we both love our cars and from your forum ID it would appear we also have in common a 96 Impala SS (Mine was DGGM the fast color.) I only wanted to be sure of what I was ordering from D3. Mark at
PSR also assured me that they do NOT sell that brand. It may just be a Generic photo. Once I have them in hand and install them I will post as to how they fit and any other information. Thanks guys I just wanted to help clear this up
Russell:thumbsup:

pj96ss
03-02-10, 04:01 PM
No problems... The picture on their site must be old.

My 96 Impala SS was the fast color - Dark Cherry Metalic

I'm going to do ss lines when it becomes time for a brake job.

P.J.

cad08stsv
03-03-10, 01:23 AM
PJ
Send me your email address and I will send you some photos.
I will send you some info as well.
I would like to see Photos also on your DCM
breaded brake lines to stay on topic.
zap96ss@comcast.net
Russell