: Bits and Baubles...

thebigjimsho
01-07-10, 05:35 PM
Starting to gather some parts for mah new V. OK, '09 V, but you get my point..

Still waiting on my Redline Goods shift boot.

Got my Lloyd mats with trunk mat. Nice V symbol embroidery on the front mats and trunk mat. The driver's mat has a plastic loop with a grommet underneath the mat that mounts snugly onto the stock post. They match nicely. They were a cheaper grade than the top o' the line Lloyd mats, I believe. I bought them on ebay and they fit very well.

Got my Covercraft Ultratect car cover. Black with reflective silver welting. But it's not as soft as a Noah so I'm not sure how I feel about that. Haven't put it on the V yet as the V has been too salty. It is only really for storing outdoors. Indoors, I'm not that anal. Whenever I head up to the lake in NH, I need a cover badly.

Also got into a Kooks header group buy with Luke @ Lindsay last month. Behe is probably going to be doing the tuning and install(along with a few other things, not too much) in a couple months. So they'll probably stay down there until then. We'll see about Jet Hotting those bad boys...

Gary Wells
01-07-10, 05:42 PM
Aren't the Kooks and the AR headers both 1 piece construction? If so, I don't think that whatever is inside the cats will take to jet hot coating very well. I would think that if that's the case, then they could coat the headers before welding the cats on?

thebigjimsho
01-07-10, 05:43 PM
Aren't the Kooks and the AR headers both 1 piece construction? If so, I don't think that whatever is inside the cats will take to jet hot coating very well. I would think that if that's the case, then they could coat the headers before welding the cats on?
I am not sure...haven't seen them...hmm...interesting...

dvandentop
01-07-10, 06:48 PM
damn how much did you get the headers for?

Gary Wells
01-07-10, 08:55 PM
I am not sure...haven't seen them...hmm...interesting...
After looking at pics of the American Racing system, you could have the header itself coated, but probably not the next section that holds the cat. You would probably see a reduction in under-hood heat, but probably not receive any real benefit other than that unless you were tracking the car. Only my $.02 worth though.

thebigjimsho
01-08-10, 12:35 AM
After looking at pics of the American Racing system, you could have the header itself coated, but probably not the next section that holds the cat. You would probably see a reduction in under-hood heat, but probably not receive any real benefit other than that unless you were tracking the car. Only my $.02 worth though.
Any little bit helps for me. even if it's just keeping the wires cool, good for me...

thebigjimsho
01-08-10, 12:36 AM
damn how much did you get the headers for?
About $1700...

dvandentop
01-08-10, 12:53 AM
good lord unless i find some used, i dont think i will pony up for those. spent enough on mods for the z06 over the past few years. was hoping around $1000 or so

Gary Wells
01-08-10, 04:54 AM
Any little bit helps for me. even if it's just keeping the wires cool, good for me...
I am of the same opinion, Jim, so for me it's only a choice of which one of the 2 systems to run. This one or the other.

Gary Wells
01-08-10, 04:59 AM
About $1700...
Good price, Jim, is that shipped to your door. If so, great price, as the least expensive that I have ever seen the other brand sell for is about $1800 shipped. I think that AR claims about 30 RWHP over stock, untuned.

thebigjimsho
01-08-10, 10:47 PM
Since I'll be taking it to Behe, Luke's holding onto them. We'll see if I jet Hot them or not and who in the DC/Balt area can do it...