: anyone know the brembo pad shape #

dvandentop
01-06-10, 11:23 PM
anyone know the brembo pad shape # for our cars? just seeing if there is any more agressive pads out like the hp+ or maybe some cobalt friction if i decide to take it to the road course a few times this summer.

probably have onstar calling me while on courise :alchi:

AP-Chris_B
01-07-10, 04:07 PM
The fronts are D1405 and the rears are D1053 (FMSI numbers). The rears have been around for a number of years, but the fronts are new and unique to the 'V. They are similar to the Nissan R35 GT-R, Corvette ZR-1 and an AMG or two, but are not perfectly interchangeable out of the box. The GT-R is very close in shape, but it is a lot thicker (18.5mm vs. 15.4mm). Until there are more options available, I would order GT-R pads in the compound you want and have them ground down. Current options include: Carbotech, Ferodo, Hawk, Pagid and probably more.

Rears: 2010 Camaro SS, Chrysler/Dodge SRT-8's (Charger, Challenger, Magnum) and Jeep Cherokee SRT-8. These are very similar to the front pads on the first gen Viper / Ferrari 360, 456GT / Alfa Romeo GTV, but slightly thinner.

Side note: The previous CTS-V used the same front pads (D1001) as: 2010 Camaro SS, Mustang GT500, Mitsu Evo, Subaru WRX STI, Ford GT (front and rear), Volvo S60R, V70R, Acura TL, others.

Chris

dvandentop
01-07-10, 05:58 PM
awesome post Chris and just the answers i was looking for, excellent to hear they are the same size at the gtr except the thickness. is grinding the pads down that much very trouble some or does it require some special equipment??

thanks again for the answers

thebigjimsho
01-07-10, 05:59 PM
The fronts are D1405 and the rears are D1053 (FMSI numbers). The rears have been around for a number of years, but the fronts are new and unique to the 'V. They are similar to the Nissan R35 GT-R, Corvette ZR-1 and an AMG or two, but are not perfectly interchangeable out of the box. The GT-R is very close in shape, but it is a lot thicker (18.5mm vs. 15.4mm). Until there are more options available, I would order GT-R pads in the compound you want and have them ground down. Current options include: Carbotech, Ferodo, Hawk, Pagid and probably more.

Rears: 2010 Camaro SS, Chrysler/Dodge SRT-8's (Charger, Challenger, Magnum) and Jeep Cherokee SRT-8. These are very similar to the front pads on the first gen Viper / Ferrari 360, 456GT / Alfa Romeo GTV, but slightly thinner.

Side note: The previous CTS-V used the same front pads (D1001) as: 2010 Camaro SS, Mustang GT500, Mitsu Evo, Subaru WRX STI, Ford GT (front and rear), Volvo S60R, V70R, Acura TL, others.

Chris
Someone note this and sticky it!!

dvandentop
01-07-10, 06:02 PM
:thumbsup:
Someone note this and sticky it!!
werd to that!

dqw1
01-07-10, 06:35 PM
I'm waiting on Hawk or someone else to release a full set of low dust pads. Cleaning this brake dust everyday is getting old.

thebigjimsho
01-07-10, 06:37 PM
I'm waiting on Hawk or someone else to release a full set of low dust pads. Cleaning this brake dust everyday is getting old.
You're getting old...:thepan:

dqw1
01-07-10, 08:02 PM
umm, guess I might have to agree...;)

AP-Chris_B
01-07-10, 08:48 PM
awesome post Chris and just the answers i was looking for, excellent to hear they are the same size at the gtr except the thickness. is grinding the pads down that much very trouble some or does it require some special equipment??
No sweat. :cheers:

For a company with the right equipment, this is kids' play. On a bench grinder in a typical home garage, you might not like the results. Flatness and parallelism are important, so make sure your pad supplier can do it right. These are not cheap pads, so short cuts could get painful quickly.

Also, while the drawings of the pad back plates look identical, always check clearances before hitting the road or track. This particular Brembo caliper design is used for several vehicles, but there are slight differences among them. The pad manufacturers are still responding to the variants, so not all back plates clear for every application yet. The back plate should not touch the caliper bridge bolts. If it does, like I've seen on the GT-R (but not by very much), give it a quick hit with a grinder at that spot and all will be good.

Chris

dvandentop
01-07-10, 09:27 PM
just looked up the pad prices for the 2009 + gtr and damn nice pricing on even some of the race pads! it is a shame how much the z06 padlets cost just due to the individual pieces.

No corvette tax on them either it looks like :lol:

AP-Chris_B
01-07-10, 09:50 PM
just looked up the pad prices for the 2009 + gtr and damn nice pricing on even some of the race pads! it is a shame how much the z06 padlets cost just due to the individual pieces.

No corvette tax on them either it looks like :lol:
And the CTS-V calipers are far more advanced than those on the C6 Z06. They are nearly identical to the ZR-1 calipers.

Where are you finding good prices for GT-R pads? And how much are you paying for Z06 pad sets?

dvandentop
01-07-10, 10:56 PM
And the CTS-V calipers are far more advanced than those on the C6 Z06. They are nearly identical to the ZR-1 calipers.

Where are you finding good prices for GT-R pads? And how much are you paying for Z06 pad sets?

just googled 2009 gt-r brake pads and went to google shopping

for cobalt friction 1 piece pads all the way around i think i paid around $600-650 for a full set of race pads, i try to forget i paid that much though :thepan::thepan: atleast they lasted all last season

thebigjimsho
01-08-10, 01:39 AM
just googled 2009 gt-r brake pads and went to google shopping

for cobalt friction 1 piece pads all the way around i think i paid around $600-650 for a full set of race pads, i try to forget i paid that much though :thepan::thepan: atleast they lasted all last season
Yeah, but a "season" in South Dakota is about 3 1/2 weeks... :thepan:

dvandentop
01-08-10, 01:50 AM
Yeah, but a "season" in South Dakota is about 3 1/2 weeks... :thepan:

heck tell me about it now, i did go about 10 times to the local 2.2 mile course and did about 60 laps each day

also a few out of town events hope to do more this year

poor-sha
01-09-10, 03:41 PM
I take it the pads are different than the Brembo GT 6-pot calipers use?

thunder gray
01-09-10, 03:48 PM
Try Zeakhausen racing 800-222-8893.

dvandentop
01-11-10, 03:37 AM
posting this info in here

New Pads are now available for ordering. Part numbers are as follows:

* HB581F.605 for HPS front brake compound. (HP Plus brake pad compound is ideal for Autocross and Track Day)
* HB581N.605 is the HP Plus for the front. (Performance/Street compound with less and less brake dust.)

Hawk doesn't have the rear pads ready yet. It will take about 90 days until they are ready.

AP-Chris_B
01-11-10, 01:22 PM
posting this info in here

New Pads are now available for ordering. Part numbers are as follows:

* HB581F.605 for HPS front brake compound. (HP Plus brake pad compound is ideal for Autocross and Track Day)
* HB581N.605 is the HP Plus for the front. (Performance/Street compound with less and less brake dust.)

Hawk doesn't have the rear pads ready yet. It will take about 90 days until they are ready.
Rears are HB194x.570. The "x" being the letter of compound you want. They have been selling these for a few years.

By the way, the HP Plus compound ("N") is heavier dusting and much noisier than HPS on the street. It is made for autocross and track day duty. While good for that, at lower temps not many people like the way it behaves. HPS ("F") is the performance street compound and not suitable for track days. If interested in less/lighter color dust (and slightly less stopping power) the Performance Ceramic ("Z") is the choice.

Chris

dvandentop
01-13-10, 10:09 PM
thanks for the additional info on the rear part #'s chris.

will prolly get some HP+ for track duty this summer when i take it out a few times instead of my z06

dvandentop
04-03-10, 11:45 AM
ttt for guys looking for hawks

lavaman
04-03-10, 07:25 PM
The 581's are an incorrect part number for the front end on our cars. I installed them. While they will work, they do not quite match the rotor surface. A 1/4 inch wide area of the rotor is untouched (closest to the hub) and will develop a rust ring.

Hawk has said they'll send me a complimentary set of correct front pads as soon as they are available. In December they said mid April release.

yooper
09-07-11, 10:37 AM
How well are the OEM rotors performing with the track pads? Do you use brake cooling ducts?

thebigjimsho
09-07-11, 02:10 PM
Eh, not well. I've got very fine cracks in the centers of my front rotors...

baabootoo
09-07-11, 05:30 PM
My pads say Ferodo on them.

yooper
09-09-11, 01:08 AM
I found some Cobalt XR1 pads to go with the PerformanceAFX 2pc V2 rotors:)

baabootoo
09-10-11, 12:22 AM
Those are beauuuutiful no doubt!

yooper
09-16-11, 11:23 AM
Give Bob a call at PerformanceAFX he hooked me up with Cobalt Racing XR1 pads to go with his 2pc rotors.

anyone know the brembo pad shape # for our cars? just seeing if there is any more agressive pads out like the hp+ or maybe some cobalt friction if i decide to take it to the road course a few times this summer.

probably have onstar calling me while on courise :alchi:

baabootoo
09-16-11, 02:25 PM
I wish mine would just wear out so I have a reason then!!!!

dvandentop
04-05-12, 10:29 PM
I found some Cobalt XR1 pads to go with the PerformanceAFX 2pc V2 rotors:)

how much did those xr1's run ya??

The 581's are an incorrect part number for the front end on our cars. I installed them. While they will work, they do not quite match the rotor surface. A 1/4 inch wide area of the rotor is untouched (closest to the hub) and will develop a rust ring.

Hawk has said they'll send me a complimentary set of correct front pads as soon as they are available. In December they said mid April release.

did they ever give you a new part #???

baabootoo
04-07-12, 01:24 AM
Have you tried Ceramic pads yet? They leave very little dust.

----------

How well are the OEM rotors performing with the track pads? Do you use brake cooling ducts?

I have had zero issues with stock pads AND rotors, and they stop like a motorcycle too.

yooper
04-07-12, 09:05 AM
how much did those xr1's run ya??
Will find the invoice and let you know. I have Two front sets, One set is NIB and the other has Two days on them. Willing to sell.

dvandentop
04-07-12, 10:57 AM
Will find the invoice and let you know. I have Two front sets, One set is NIB and the other has Two days on them. Willing to sell.
ok keep in touch, got any rears too? were they too aggressive for street tires on the track?

yooper
04-18-12, 03:47 AM
ok keep in touch, got any rears too? were they too aggressive for street tires on the track?
Every time I go on this forum it is so slow. send me a pm on the corvette forum.

thebigjimsho
06-25-12, 09:31 PM
So I'm trying to find Ti shims for the D1405 and I can't find any. But if the GT-R is close enough, I would imagine purchasing a D1382 set of shims should work. Anyone done this yet??

http://hardbrakes.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=6_7_63_1187&products_id=123

thebigjimsho
06-25-12, 09:33 PM
Or maybe I should ask these guys if they'll do a custom set...

rjoffe
06-27-12, 12:11 PM
They changed the site name eh?

I would ask them to make a set.