: What is the procedure to relocate the factory BOSE to the trunk? Tired of GMOS-06

mtflight
01-06-10, 05:24 PM
I have an intermittent issue, with the GMOS-06. I have an AVIC F90BT which is good. However, upon startup or after muting (Onstar) or after any chime goes off, sometimes the audio becomes muffled. It is sometimes corrected after pressing the onstar button again or turning the ignition again (starter is disabled, but everything resets). Also the left side is louder than the right (Except for Onstar's Lisa Davis).

I've already returned a GMOS-06 and the new one is doing it again.

I know the old fashion way to install an aftermarket radio is to relocate it to the trunk and bypass its audio. This keeps the chimes, right? Where do I look this up?

http://i66.photobucket.com/albums/h267/mtflight/dhs/IMG_0676.jpg
2003 DHS.

quantum
01-22-10, 03:26 AM
I did this exact same thing in my 98.

Get a male and female connector with pigtails for the radio, and splice in a 17 ft wire to each end of the pigtails (match wire for wire out of the original harness).

It's alot of splicing, but in the end you'll have made a long extension cord,

GL

mtflight
02-24-10, 07:39 PM
Thanks Mike. It worked! Now to sell my GMOS-06....

eyekandyboats.inc
02-24-10, 11:43 PM
use HI quality wire for sure!!! isolate the wires and put a shield around them when reloacting the unit that far away.

jcresciSTS
02-26-10, 12:12 AM
So the Gmos-06 is supposed to allow you to NOT relocated the radio?

The shop relocated my radio and used some wiring harness they ordered for my car but I have no chimes and I'm getting the error for Class 2 Communication Malfunction (Serial Data Line Malfunction)

eyekandyboats.inc
02-26-10, 12:45 AM
you see and all of you think you can re wire these cars up with out a problem! LOL...
well your shop didnt do it properly. if i had the pin out for the harness i could work it out but if you dont wire the audio outputs correctly from the headunit you wont get chimes, and the SDL issue relates to them just not hooking it up correctly.
a "audio" shop should not need to buy anything but plugs and connectors. no harness needed becuase they should have the ability to wire up there own unit corectly.
possibly take some photos of the unit and the connection on the back and a good view of the plug wires.