: Speaker Level Input Help!!!

J.Paquin
01-06-10, 01:08 PM
I have a 2006 CTS HFV6 with the BOSE audio system. I am adding an additional amp and subs to add some base to the system. I have already ran the power cable, ground, and remote wire. Now I need some clarification on how to run the signal to my Alpine amp. Here are my two options.

I will be using the Speaker Level Input on the Alpine amp. My first option is to tap into the speaker signal going to the center sub from the stock BOSE amp. The issue here is that it is a mono sub with a + and a -. The speaker level inputs on my Alpine amp require a L +, L -, R +, and R -. Since I am tapping a mono sub do I tap the + twice and the - twice? That is my plan, let me know if this won't work.

The other option is to tap into the rear speakers as that will provide a L +, L -, R +, and R -. I would prefer to tap the sub however, as I'm sure it has a better low pass frequency from the BOSE amp.

Let me know if I'm missing something.

Thanks,

J.Paquin
01-11-10, 02:40 PM
Thanks for the help....(sarcasm).

If I posted this on the RX8 board I would have 10 responses by now. :rant2:

I guess there are a lot fewer people putting systems in a CTS compared to an RX8.

FYI: It worked.

curtc
01-13-10, 05:41 PM
Your amp will take care of the frequencies for you, no need to worry about what frequencies are coming through. I used the sub wires in my 2001 STS with a line-out converter (Best Buy, $20) (uses RCA's, not the speaker level input) before swapping the entire system out, I also used the rear speaker wires to tap into in my old 1995 STS with the same line-out converter.