: More D3 lowering spring pictures

Ross Racing
01-06-10, 11:01 AM
I thought you guys might like to see a few more pics of the D3 springs installed. After a couple thousand miles on the car I have no complaints. A quality lowering spring is finally on the market. The look of the car has been vastly improved. It should come like this from the factory.

DrumStix
01-06-10, 11:14 AM
You've taken a classy, elegant car and gone straight hood. Is there any science or engineering behind you lowering this vehicle (and everything else you've done to it)? Does it perform better than the stock setup or are you just trying to attract pimps and peons?

Ross Racing
01-06-10, 11:53 AM
So I take it that you are part of the older Cadillac enthusiast crowd and not the younger generation. Read the other post on the springs and you may realize how these springs improve the car. As for attracting "pimps and peons" Im sure if you had any class yourself you would know that this is still one classy Cadillac. All the work done to this car improved an already beautiful V

MReiland
01-06-10, 12:06 PM
:drool:I like the look alot, personally.

neuronbob
01-06-10, 12:17 PM
Pimps and peons? :rolleyes:

Lowering a car mildly like this improves performance and decreases the wheel gap. I find this tasteful and functional.

It's not like the VIP look (slammed/lowrider with humongous wheels), which I personally dislike.....to each, his own!

musclesbmf
01-06-10, 12:39 PM
Love your car, but I'm disappointed in D3 because it looks like D3 made the wheel gap in rear smaller than front. Pictures could be deceiving though. Does the car have a rake to it at all, even slightly? Any additional info would be great.

As for Mr. DrumStix, his 1 and only thread in this forum was slamming a vendor and now this positive post. Way to make friends pal.

Thanks,
Mark

Gary Wells
01-06-10, 12:59 PM
I think that it looks great, and I like the fact that D3 slightly reduced the amount of rake, which I am pretty much impartial too either way, but I like it better this way than with the factory rake, and there have been several posts on the forum relating that they also thought that the factory rake was excessive. Great stance, D3. I don't think that it could have come out more perfect as far as the stance goes. It is unfortunate that both Ross Racing and D3 ( a supporting supplier) have to tolerate derogatory remarks such as made above.

Ross Racing
01-06-10, 01:02 PM
Mark,

Visually the car is level. I am running 255/35/20 & 295/30/20"'s. The front has 1/4" more gap, but that could very well be tire related.

LUVMY04V
01-06-10, 01:28 PM
Badass sick stance.

rjoffe
01-06-10, 01:52 PM
Not trying to add to any flames here,

But, what are the resultant changes in the suspension geometry as a result of the lowering springs?

I saw a mention on the other post about bump steer not appearing to have been changed, but things like bump steer can be measured directly and accurately with rather simple tools.

Has anyone attempted to compare stock to modified with analytical suspension measurements ?

DrumStix
01-06-10, 02:20 PM
So I take it that you are part of the older Cadillac enthusiast crowd and not the younger generation. Read the other post on the springs and you may realize how these springs improve the car. As for attracting "pimps and peons" Im sure if you had any class yourself you would know that this is still one classy Cadillac. All the work done to this car improved an already beautiful V

I'm young. Nice summation there, fella. You have no idea what you are talking about. Again, no real facts posted. PArt of the style before substance thing I suppose. So do you classify yourself as a pimp or peon?

DrumStix
01-06-10, 02:28 PM
Love your car, but I'm disappointed in D3 because it looks like D3 made the wheel gap in rear smaller than front. Pictures could be deceiving though. Does the car have a rake to it at all, even slightly? Any additional info would be great.

As for Mr. DrumStix, his 1 and only thread in this forum was slamming a vendor and now this positive post. Way to make friends pal.

Thanks,
Mark

Send him your $ then if you like it. Maybe you can get the 22's, tint it up and add that thing that is double side sticky taped to the back window for your whip too.

As for me, I will be making other informative posts as I feel necessary. I'm not here for a love fest. I'm here to share info, scrutinize parts and put down HP. Where are your technical posts?

Vrocks
01-06-10, 02:31 PM
Ross racing,
Thanks for posting pictures and feedback.

I like it but I'm concerned about the variation in wheel gap between the front and back. If it's because of your tires, then it's ok. If that variation is still there with stock tires I'm not going to do it. Unfortunately, I think it's just the way D3 engineered the springs to get a less raked look. I like the gap on the front tires a lot, the rear gap looks to small (for me).

concorso
01-06-10, 02:50 PM
I thought you guys might like to see a few more pics of the D3 springs installed. After a couple thousand miles on the car I have no complaints. A quality lowering spring is finally on the market. The look of the car has been vastly improved. It should come like this from the factory.No, no it shouldnt have come from the factory like that. I have a hard enough time getting into a driveway in my slightly dropped CTS which has more ground clearance then a stock V. I can only imagine how hard it will be with a lowered V. :eek:

Id love to see GM incorporate a front suspension lift system for speedbumps and steep driveways...

Are there any numbers to support the claim of improvement? I think it looks great, but Id want proof that it doesnt hurt the performance. Slalom or skidpad numbers would be great.

chopmeat
01-06-10, 03:06 PM
Now That Looks Fantastic!

Why would anybody think that the stock height is good looking?
It looks like a 4 wheel drive jeep. Stock height is just way too high.
It takes so much away from the car's looks.

musclesbmf
01-06-10, 03:27 PM
Send him your $ then if you like it. Maybe you can get the 22's, tint it up and add that thing that is double side sticky taped to the back window for your whip too.

As for me, I will be making other informative posts as I feel necessary. I'm not here for a love fest. I'm here to share info, scrutinize parts and put down HP. Where are your technical posts?

Do a search for my user name and you'll see my car and posts.
Thanks for playing though.

musclesbmf
01-06-10, 03:31 PM
Mark,

Visually the car is level. I am running 255/35/20 & 295/30/20"'s. The front has 1/4" more gap, but that could very well be tire related.

The addtional front gap is not tire related as you are pretty close to having same diameter front and rear. But I do appreciate the info and the pics.

for me, I'll stick with my Eibach's made for a regular CTS but work well on my V.

Mark

GMX322V S/C
01-06-10, 03:40 PM
Mark,

Visually the car is level. I am running 255/35/20 & 295/30/20"'s. The front has 1/4" more gap, but that could very well be tire related.Hard to discern the gaps with black and the reflections, but it seems to sit nicely on the stockers (from the other thread):

http://i143.photobucket.com/albums/r134/ctd3rnd/WS_LoweredCTSV_003.jpg

...would love to see it in other colors too.

Ross Racing
01-06-10, 04:35 PM
I'm young. Nice summation there, fella. You have no idea what you are talking about. Again, no real facts posted. PArt of the style before substance thing I suppose. So do you classify yourself as a pimp or peon?

First of all I am a mother of a beautiful 9 month old baby girl, so to say Im trying to attract "pimps or peons" I feel is quite derogatory. What you like and what I like may differ but I would not criticize you or anyone on this forum for their taste.. As for facts on the D3 lowering springs I am sure they will answer any questions you may have. They are a great company and have made a fantastic product for Cadillac owners who would like to not only add performance to their car, but also add looks as well.

Ferny
01-06-10, 04:42 PM
dont mind that asshat. your car looks Gorgeous! the nicest V2 i have seen yet! :thumbsup: great job

Gordy Petrovski
01-06-10, 04:49 PM
The cars look great with the perfect stance & if you cant say anything nice........well you know the rest :thumbsup:

neuronbob
01-06-10, 04:50 PM
Slalom or skidpad numbers would be great.

That would be interesting to have.

wfo
01-06-10, 05:04 PM
Just my .0002

Ross Racing that car rocks man!! Nice job my man.

Drumstix I'm surprisd at you brother. With all due respect for you brother. Many of us, IMHO, felt your pain regarding complaints about a vendor not returning phone calls. If all that was true, you did have reason to be upset.

We all pretty much try to be respectful each others rides, no matter the setup. With the exception of someone doing a Batman theme...sorry IMHO, that sucked.

Ross Racing's ride is not "pimp and peon" by any means.

Pimped I'm thinking: 22" sneaks, chrome and bling. This ain't by any standard a Pimped out ride.

Now "pimped" in the vernacular sense, I hear that. mThat's good. Lowered just right and sitting tight.

IMHO

DrewDog
01-06-10, 05:17 PM
sweet lookin ride, Ross.

Keep on "pimpin"

awesome job.

whisler151
01-06-10, 05:21 PM
Just my .0002

Drumstix I'm surprisd at you brother. With all due respect for you brother. Many of us, IMHO, felt your pain regarding complaints about a vendor not returning phone calls. If all that was true, you did have reason to be upset.

We all pretty much try to be respectful each others rides, no matter the setup. With the exception of someone doing a Batman theme...sorry IMHO, that sucked.

Ross Racing's ride is not "pimp and peon" by any means.

Pimped I'm thinking: 22" sneaks, chrome and bling. This ain't by any standard a Pimped out ride.

Now "pimped" in the vernacular sense, I hear that. mThat's good. Lowered just right and sitting tight.

IMHO

Well said. I know Hennessey put 21" wheels on one of their Vs and it looked surprisingly good. Its all in the taste in which the mod is done.

Razorecko
01-06-10, 05:24 PM
the rear fender is different than the front fender. Hence the appearance of sitting lower. I've seen this on multiple low looking cars with oem suspensions

wfo
01-06-10, 05:25 PM
Now That Looks Fantastic!

Why would anybody think that the stock height is good looking?
It looks like a 4 wheel drive jeep. Stock height is just way too high.
It takes so much away from the car's looks.

Exactly...Bingo!!

Lowered just right, the V then becomes the ride we cream, I mean dream for. :cloud9:

Nutz
01-06-10, 06:41 PM
First of all I am a mother of a beautiful 9 month old baby girl, Surprise.

Just my .0002

Woman? :D

I thought the back was a tad low myself too, but it's hard to deal with a body that has a natural architectural rake.
I have no plans to lower my car, but I can see where many would. I do find that side shot cool to look at though and I must say that a stock Crystal Red car like mine with those springs would certainly get my attention. I would recommend any more shots be from the side like this recent one, and the car be as stock looking as possible so the members here can imagine their car with those springs.

Nice pics.

thebigjimsho
01-06-10, 06:46 PM
How does the rear end feel with the radical change in aerodynamic flow with the roof spoiler taking air off the deck spoiler??

Steiner
01-06-10, 06:48 PM
Looks excellent. The only question I'd have is regarding suspension travel on the stock dampers and overall suspension geometry. For those looking for looks AND performance wouldn't a roll center correction kit and re-valved dampers be ideal?

Nutz
01-06-10, 06:49 PM
I just noticed a little "scrapey scrapey" in pic 2 on the splitter in the first post. :tisk:

I am diggin the red calipers though. Would be perfect with th "V" logo on them.

Ross Racing
01-06-10, 06:59 PM
Yeah, the scrapes are from the parking stops, not from drainage ditches or driveways. I haven't really encoutered that problem yet.

Thanks for the positive feedback everybody.

Gordy Petrovski
01-06-10, 07:56 PM
First of all I am a mother of a beautiful 9 month old baby girl.

A woman with good taste in cars,I love it:youarewoman: & congrats on your little girl.

Yeqon
01-06-10, 08:40 PM
Have to agree really like the look of the drop! Only thing I wish they could have done away with on the V2 was the chrome around the windows and the chrome vent... but that is no one's fault but Cadillac's.

idoitforv
01-06-10, 08:59 PM
and put down HP

What are you putting down... N if your here to scrutinize parts, dont you need facts in order to scrutinize unless ur one of those guys who just looks at something once and knows everything about it instantly. Ross lower looks amazing but im not really into the Roof Spoiler but to each his own, nice ride mang.

Tony407
01-07-10, 01:37 AM
Awesome surprise about RR being a mom.

I'm not sure how I feel about the difference in wheel gap. I guess I'd have to see more pictures. It's too hard to tell on a black V with very black wheels. Regardless of this technicality, I think her car looks great! (And yes, our two cars are very similar in appearance.)

Maybe this was covered on another post (I'll look after I finish writing this) but how is the ride? What differences have you noticed, RR? And how much of a change has the springs made when you alternate between sport and tour suspension modes?

Regarding wheels size and pimps and peons (is peon really an appropriate word here?) I have seen several CTS's with 22" inch that look surprisingly good. I think it's the negative stigma associated with 22" that makes people cringe. Definitely one of the few cars out there that can get away with this in my opinion.

As far as Drumstix's negative posts, we just have to deal with him (or her)...every forum has one.

Tony

thebigjimsho
01-07-10, 09:29 AM
There is no point to 22" wheels...except insecurity...

Ross Racing
01-07-10, 10:23 AM
I agree. I don't like the idea of 22"s. To clarify I have 20"s and love them.

wfo
01-07-10, 11:33 AM
OOPs!!

I did say Man...Ross Racing...I meant...girl, you've got great taste in rides. The car truly rocks.

New springs for my ride too.

everdegu
01-07-10, 12:58 PM
"Pimpin" is the old term...

"Ballin" is the new term....

In any case I think the car looks great.

BTW...is that a D3 brake upgrade on your ride? I see Brembo tags on those front and rear calipers...and red....schweet...

Ross Racing
01-07-10, 01:09 PM
I had the stock calipers painted red and put on the Brembo stickers. After all they are OEM Brembo's. Hopefully they will come out with a rotor upgrade someday.

DrumStix
01-08-10, 11:04 AM
"Pimpin" is the old term...

"Ballin" is the new term....

In any case I think the car looks great.

BTW...is that a D3 brake upgrade on your ride? I see Brembo tags on those front and rear calipers...and red....schweet...

I didn't say pimpin', I said pimp.

If you wanna rock a dub edition with deuce-deuces on a dumped caddy with curb feelers, that means you made it? You're a baller and not a pimp? Maybe in the streets you're a modern Vanilla Ice or something. Again, who you trying to impress? Maybe you're just immature and like throwing your money down a rat hole to impress those "beneath you" that haven't made it to baller status. Do you wear a blue tooth on your ear all day long with no calls coming in too?

BTW, Idiot is the new term for peon.

DrumStix
01-08-10, 11:05 AM
Awesome surprise about RR being a mom.

I'm not sure how I feel about the difference in wheel gap. I guess I'd have to see more pictures. It's too hard to tell on a black V with very black wheels. Regardless of this technicality, I think her car looks great! (And yes, our two cars are very similar in appearance.)

Maybe this was covered on another post (I'll look after I finish writing this) but how is the ride? What differences have you noticed, RR? And how much of a change has the springs made when you alternate between sport and tour suspension modes?

Regarding wheels size and pimps and peons (is peon really an appropriate word here?) I have seen several CTS's with 22" inch that look surprisingly good. I think it's the negative stigma associated with 22" that makes people cringe. Definitely one of the few cars out there that can get away with this in my opinion.

As far as Drumstix's negative posts, we just have to deal with him (or her)...every forum has one.

Tony

How dare you comment about not liking the wheel gap. You're a hater.

DrumStix
01-08-10, 11:22 AM
First of all I am a mother of a beautiful 9 month old baby girl, so to say Im trying to attract "pimps or peons" I feel is quite derogatory. What you like and what I like may differ but I would not criticize you or anyone on this forum for their taste.. As for facts on the D3 lowering springs I am sure they will answer any questions you may have. They are a great company and have made a fantastic product for Cadillac owners who would like to not only add performance to their car, but also add looks as well.

Congratulations, I never would have guessed. Are you married? At least it's not a minivan.
Are car forums not for commenting up or down any longer? You feel degraded? I didn't set that up. Your car, your taste.
I don't need to ask D3 any questions about their springs. I only wondered you if you asked. Evidently not.

I can see all the C63's, DB9's, Bentley's and Panamera's rolling like this too, not!

Gary Wells
01-08-10, 12:50 PM
Congratulations, I never would have guessed. Are you married? At least it's not a minivan.
Are car forums not for commenting up or down any longer? You feel degraded? I didn't set that up. Your car, your taste.
I don't need to ask D3 any questions about their springs. I only wondered you if you asked. Evidently not.

I can see all the C63's, DB9's, Bentley's and Panamera's rolling like this too, not!

I can't really speak for D3 Design & Engineering here, but I would venture a guess that D3 does not need business bad enough to need yours.
Oh, btw, have a great day.

whisler151
01-08-10, 01:03 PM
How dare you comment about not liking the wheel gap. You're a hater.

Yes, he said it, but with tact.

The Tony Show
01-08-10, 01:57 PM
Hey DrumStix-

A simple "not my thing" would have done nicely, and wouldn't be nearly as insulting or disrespectful. Check the rules you agreed to when you signed up, and you'll find that you're in violation of them by acting this way. Please keep your comments about other people's cars, lifestyle or personality friendly and non combative. This is a community of people with similar interests, not a contest to see who can sound like the biggest tough guy.

Thanks.

Florian
01-08-10, 02:31 PM
Beat me to it, TTS....thanks!

F

Ferny
01-08-10, 03:12 PM
:thankyou:

and how bout some more pics please! i need a new screen saver :thumbsup: like i said, NICEST 09 V i have seen

wfo
01-08-10, 03:56 PM
Right on The Tony Show!!

Ross Racing
01-08-10, 04:23 PM
You know I feel bad for people like him. That is no way to make friends. Or keep the ones you got. Oh well, in one ear and out the other.

Scattilac
01-08-10, 04:23 PM

Gorgeous car - best thing that was not mentioned was painting the chrome strip above the rear plate black - kinda "de-pimpin" it from the rear, but looks 1000% times better than the chrome strip IMO.

If Ross is a Mommy as stated, why does the original post from D3 below thank the owners of the cars by name (Dave and William)??? Just sayin...

Ross Racing
01-08-10, 04:41 PM
My husbands name is Dave and my name is Roche. It is my daily driver

The Tony Show
01-08-10, 05:08 PM
Sweet V, Roche. :thumbsup:

Everlast13
01-08-10, 06:24 PM
Car looks good, drumstix you are a LOSER

concorso
01-08-10, 09:22 PM
My husbands name is Dave and my name is Roche. It is my daily driverFunny, I first read this thread before logging in. When Dumbstik accused you of some version of pimpology, I assumed your V would have chromed 22's with a flashy design, chrome pillars, dropped right to ground, 4 spoilers, and maybe even your name engraved on the bumper, with curb feelers behind each tire!
I didnt expect to see a V with a slight drop and track-esqe 20's...

It does look great. Id want some proof that the performance isnt hurt, and Id want to black-out some of the grill, maybe the chrome surrounds, and leave the mesh the color it is. Regardless, car looks great, glad to see another satisfied customer. Congrats on the baby, as well! Is it your first? Babies are such a blessing in so many ways...they change your life.

Ross Racing
01-08-10, 10:54 PM
Thank you. Audrey is our first and she is the best thing that ever happened. A track-esqe look as you mentioned is what we were going for and we are very happy with the way it turned out. Wouldn't change a thing.

thebigjimsho
01-08-10, 11:27 PM
My husbands name is Dave and my name is Roche. It is my daily driver
Do you have a higher res version of photo #2? Because you are way too pixelated when I try to zoom in on you... :alchi:

whisler151
01-08-10, 11:34 PM
Do you have a higher res version of photo #2? Because you are way too pixelated when I try to zoom in on you... :alchi:

Oh no...

thebigjimsho
01-09-10, 12:11 AM
:quagmire:

SlvrBullIT
01-09-10, 12:33 AM
Does it still work with the MR shocks?

Ross Racing
01-09-10, 11:04 AM

No need. That's some random lady

LUVMY04V
01-09-10, 11:30 AM
This is Freaking awesome looking!!!!!
http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums/attachments/cadillac-cts-v-series-forum-2009/55012d1262986764-more-d3-lowering-spring-pictures-new_2_dsc00014.jpg

This is not Awesome

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2364/2054120481_8cd0a0a9e5.jpg

cbloveday
01-09-10, 12:13 PM
:histeric::histeric::worship::histeric:

Smokin' 04 CTS
01-09-10, 12:54 PM

ChickenLittle, you don't even know what you are talking about. And I am sure you've never seen a blacked out Bentley or Aston either, lol. :cookoo:

http://www.platinummotorsport.com/productphotos/blog_1683-m.jpg

The OP's CTS-V is awesome. I really like how the blacked out chrome piece looks on the trunk. Strong work. :thumbsup:

liqidvenom
01-09-10, 01:38 PM
How does the rear end feel with the radical change in aerodynamic flow with the roof spoiler taking air off the deck spoiler??

you cant be serious....

liqidvenom
01-09-10, 01:56 PM

http://img33.imageshack.us/img33/720/cimg2103.jpg

https://acuteperformance.com/gallery/albums/Aston%20Martin/normal_KLASSEN_Acute_Performance_ASTON-MARTIN-K5-50_Aston_Martin.jpg

http://www.madwhips.com/upload/images/black_bentley_continental_gt_coupe_1-568-426.jpg

http://cache.gawker.com/assets/images/12/2009/12/500x_geiger_cts-v.jpg

all look good to me

CTSV4now
01-09-10, 02:07 PM
While I wouldn't have been as rude as DrumStix was, I don't like black rims on black cars with tint and lots of chrome either. It is just not for me.

However, I am interested in correcting the wheel gaps. GM is notorious for large wheel gaps on most of their performance vehicles.

Ross Racing
01-09-10, 09:05 PM

Wow... . I would like to see pics of your car, or do you only imagine having one. My car and my taste are just that mine.. I was not looking for youre approval, only sharing my taste, and there is a tactful way of saying you do not like it. PS youre definition of peon is incorrect, you should use a dictionary.

thebigjimsho
01-10-10, 03:19 AM
you cant be serious....
I put as much effort in that statement as D3 put in aerodynamic testing...

thebigjimsho
01-10-10, 03:20 AM
This is Freaking awesome looking!!!!!
http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums/attachments/cadillac-cts-v-series-forum-2009/55012d1262986764-more-d3-lowering-spring-pictures-new_2_dsc00014.jpg

This is not Awesome

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2364/2054120481_8cd0a0a9e5.jpg
I KNEW you would like pic #1 since it was blacked out except for the grille. No surprises there.

Pic #2 made me spit out my Pepsi and wake up the dogs at 3:20AM...

thebigjimsho
01-10-10, 03:21 AM
well, then, I don't feel so guilty. so.......where's that pic? :D

Tony407
01-10-10, 04:01 AM

She's got the deer-in-the-headlight look. "Oh there's someone taking a picture...maybe if I stand real still I won't be captured on camera where everyone at Cadillacforums.com can see and talk about me!!"

Tony

liqidvenom
01-10-10, 11:56 AM
I put as much effort in that statement as D3 put in aerodynamic testing...

aftermarket suspension companies do track testing.... aerodynamic testing would cause a $500 set of springs to cost 4k.

radix
01-10-10, 01:50 PM
aftermarket suspension companies do track testing.... aerodynamic testing would cause a $500 set of springs to cost 4k.

First of all, I think Ms Ross R's car looks pretty hot - nice job!

What rubs some of us wrong, is the need to blur what these mods are all about. On this car and with it's level of development, claiming that a drop kit is a performance mod is a bit much. If you like the look and are willing to trade off actual performance to get it - then this is a good way to go to get a new look. But be fair at least, in the real world, losing a bunch of suspension travel, and going to even less compliant tires (19->20+) is not likely to make this car a better handler in any real world condition.

These mods deserve to be grouped and sold like any other visual mod, paint, tints, etc. So if the adverts dropped "improved handling", perhaps prospective customers could better decide on what they like in terms of trade-offs. IMO of course.

liqidvenom
01-10-10, 02:05 PM
First of all, I think Ms Ross R's car looks pretty hot - nice job!

What rubs some of us wrong, is the need to blur what these mods are all about. On this car and with it's level of development, claiming that a drop kit is a performance mod is a bit much. If you like the look and are willing to trade off actual performance to get it - then this is a good way to go to get a new look. But be fair at least, in the real world, losing a bunch of suspension travel, and going to even less compliant tires (19->20+) is not likely to make this car a better handler in any real world condition.

These mods deserve to be grouped and sold like any other visual mod, paint, tints, etc. So if the adverts dropped "improved handling", perhaps prospective customers could better decide on what they like in terms of trade-offs. IMO of course.

i think the majority of you guys here seem to think there is something overly unique about the cts-v. I have never seen either at work or elsewhere, where lowering a vehicles center of gravity makes the car handle worse. now if you pair a lowering kit with badly rated springs then thats an issue with the springs, not with the idea behind lowering a cars center of gravity.

and if the tires are less compliant for the street then that depends on who is driving it, but if you properly upsize your rims and tires for track use there is no problem there.

a vehicles ride height is dictated by many things, and performance is gets pushed down that list, and thats for every mass produced vehicle.

Ross Racing
01-10-10, 03:32 PM
I appreciate youre input, and yes, you are correct I do like the looks much better with it slighlty lowered. Personaly I do not like the wheel gap from factory.. Above all I love the CTS-V.. I was lucky enough to have had an 05, and there is no comparison between the two. Cant lose site of the fact it is the fastest production car out there, and my daughter and I can go get groceries.. :cool2:

LUVMY04V
01-11-10, 04:49 PM
I KNEW you would like pic #1 since it was blacked out except for the grille. No surprises there.

Pic #2 made me spit out my Pepsi and wake up the dogs at 3:20AM...
LOL funny thing is that it took a 20 second yahoo image search to find that pic LOL and i also cracked up while posting it :thumbsup:

EXTM
01-11-10, 05:23 PM
that is one nice ride. i like the kit, i bet you are seeing the differences from stock in terms of handling quality.. good luck

rjoffe
01-11-10, 06:13 PM
I have never seen either at work or elsewhere, where lowering a vehicles center of gravity makes the car handle worse.

I would agree that moving the CG down is a good thing. My concern is what happens to the suspension geometry as a result of that. If the geometry is too far out as a result of the lowering, the CG change may not have an overall positive affect.

D3's quote on their site is "The D3 lowering springs are designed to increase handling and cornering performance without compromising the vehicles ride quality and comfort". I would argue that without more details all they can say is that the lowering springs decrease the CG.

I'm not being negative, and personally like the look, but I want some hard numbers on the suspension changes.

There is a strong separation between looks and function. As Jim implies that rear roof spoiler may look good to some, but it may affect the airflow (and therefore handling) negatively.

ericpd
01-11-10, 09:24 PM
Wow... . I would like to see pics of your car, or do you only imagine having one. My car and my taste are just that mine.. I was not looking for youre approval, only sharing my taste, and there is a tactful way of saying you do not like it. PS youre definition of peon is incorrect, you should use a dictionary.

Nicely put! Please don't let him bother you.

thebigjimsho
01-18-10, 12:00 AM
i think the majority of you guys here seem to think there is something overly unique about the cts-v. I have never seen either at work or elsewhere, where lowering a vehicles center of gravity makes the car handle worse. now if you pair a lowering kit with badly rated springs then thats an issue with the springs, not with the idea behind lowering a cars center of gravity.

and if the tires are less compliant for the street then that depends on who is driving it, but if you properly upsize your rims and tires for track use there is no problem there.

a vehicles ride height is dictated by many things, and performance is gets pushed down that list, and thats for every mass produced vehicle.
You are ignoring the red herring here...

The V2 has electrically controlled MR shocks. I'd like to see the documented testing that proves that there is no issue with those...

Dr.Buzz
01-18-10, 05:41 AM
How has the ride been affected. I lowered my SUV a few years ago and the ride was way more stiff. I love the look but do not want overly stiff ride. Thanks

wfo
01-18-10, 07:37 AM
My lowered 08 Zo6 handles better. It just does.

IMHO...GM probably looks at the average consumer buying a car, even this car and factors in day to day usability leading to promote a positive ownership experience on all levels for all conditions, load factors, etc.

Lowering the car with it's unique body moldings does make it more susceptible to parking lot abutments, curb kissing and road undulations with careless ownership. When we choose to modify anything or in this instance by lowering, it then becomes our responsibility to live with the outcome. If by doing certain mods we find there are no compromises as we see it we report that on the Forum. It doesn't my make the mods correct or the right thing to do from an engineering standpoint as GM might find them. With a well tested "quality lowering spring kit" lowering this car or as in my case my 08 C6 Zo6 corvette by .5-1" with coil overs didn't compromising ride quality, but actually enhanced it, as I experienced it.

That of course not to say the next owner will find the car(s) to their liking. The rides are stiffer/firmer like riding on rails. I like that feeling , particularly at higher speeds. To me it sends a better feel at the steering wheel, bringing about more confidence at those higher speeds.

Just my .002

SlvrBullIT
01-18-10, 08:17 AM
I'd do it in a heart beat if the MR ride isn't compromised.

Razorecko
01-18-10, 11:46 AM
Gm left it at that height because its a cadillac. If it was scraping on bumps than owners would raise hell with gm

Ross Racing
01-18-10, 01:06 PM
That is true. Thank goodness that my lowered V still doesn't scrape. In my opinion the ride quality is still pretty good.

musclesbmf
01-18-10, 07:58 PM
Gm left it at that height because its a cadillac. If it was scraping on bumps than owners would raise hell with gm

No...
GM leaves all their cars like that. My Z06 was in 4x4 mode until I slammed it as well. It's an American car thing, not just GM. Don't know why they can't deliver ride heights like BMW or MB....

As for the MR shocks... People make way too big a deal out of these things. There is basically metal inside the tube with the hydraulic fluid and it gets rigid when its magnetized which makes the ride stiffer... And yes, I know there are ride height sensors connected as well because I did my springs myself. To sum it up... lowering springs will cause the shocks to wear quicker, but that happens with any shock. Just my $0.02.
Also, there will never be any documented research on the longevity etc of these shocks when lowered. Too much $$ and not enough interest in our cars to warrant the $$ for a manufacturer. Just like any other mod, you gotta be willing to pay to play.

Ok, now waiting for someone's one liner about "rigid" and "stiffer" in the same sentence... LOL.

Mark

Tony407
01-20-10, 03:01 PM
There is basically metal inside the tube with the hydraulic fluid and it gets rigid when its magnetized which makes the ride stiffer... And yes, I know there are ride height sensors connected as well because I did my springs myself. To sum it up... lowering springs will cause the shocks to wear quicker, but that happens with any shock. Just my $0.02.
Also, there will never be any documented research on the longevity etc of these shocks when lowered. Too much $$ and not enough interest in our cars to warrant the $$ for a manufacturer. Just like any other mod, you gotta be willing to pay to play.
Mark

I agree completely.

Tony

thebigjimsho
05-28-10, 07:38 PM
Some lawlz in this thread. Oh, and muscles is obviously wrong on this one...

DrumStix
05-28-10, 10:21 PM
Some lawlz in this thread. Oh, and muscles is obviously wrong on this one...

Refer to post #2 and regarding engineering and see recent events. I guess my question has been answered to my satisfaction. :bouncy:

thebigjimsho
05-29-10, 08:48 AM
Refer to post #2 and regarding engineering and see recent events. I guess my question has been answered to my satisfaction. :bouncy:
Who bumped this thread? Why? Because I've been trumping the same questions...

wfo
05-29-10, 12:13 PM
Ross Racing your car is awesome...now check out "WFO's got new shoes thread". D3 springs and 21" Modulare forged wheels...now that's hot.

DrumStix
05-29-10, 12:51 PM
In the ghetto....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Ox1Tore9nw"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Ox1Tore9nw

thebigjimsho
05-29-10, 01:50 PM
oh boy.