: Checking in...

Htown09
01-06-10, 02:58 AM
Just starting my research on the 09-10 V2. Looks like a great car and hope to be an owner soon. I am in a 335i sedan right now. My lease is coming up soon and looking to get into a V. I love the 335i. Has great torque, (I have a tune on it too) you can toss it around corners and put it in manual shifting mode which is a blast. I enjoy car's that have power, good handling, and still retain luxury/comfort.

I am in real estate and noticed some say the back seats are small. I bring clients in my car sometimes so that might be a concern. But it is not far trips..

Also which is faster the 6-speed or Auto? In the BMW's the auto's are faster because they hold boost better through the shifts and can shift faster than the 6-speed. Although even if the auto's are faster I would still lean towards the 6-speed because of the fun factor.

And finally, what kind of deals can I expect on a 09'. Also thinking about a lease on a 2010. Which would you guys recommend? Do you get a discount for being a USAA/former military member; I am both.

Thanks in advance for any advice :)

GMX322V S/C
01-06-10, 03:35 AM
The V2 and current 5-series plan forms fit almost exactly on top of one another; however, the 5-series has about an inch more measured rear shoulder room; hopefully this will provide a dimensional reference when compared to your 3-series. The V2 auto is slightly quicker, (to 60, 1/4, etc.) however, the manual is faster (auto electronically limited to 175 vs. 191 or so for the manual). Good deals to be had on what '09s that are left. Look for posts by Superior Cadillac in this forum...

Htown09
01-06-10, 03:54 AM
In my Bimmer I went 150mph and backed out because that was fast enough; the limiter is 155mph. I don't think I would ever go past 175mph lol except maybe if I did the Texas mile and even then I think it would need more than a mile of room. Thanks for the info about the space.

Does the Auto shift for you? For example in my 335i auto in manual mode if I don't manual shift (via paddles or shifter) it it won't bounce of the rev limiter; it will automatically shift at redline. Does the V2 Auto work the same way?

thebigjimsho
01-06-10, 03:53 PM
Backseat legroom is fine. The headroom is a little skimpy on the models with moonroofs if you're over 6 ft...

GMX322V S/C
01-06-10, 04:08 PM
...Does the Auto shift for you? For example in my 335i auto in manual mode if I don't manual shift (via paddles or shifter) it it won't bounce of the rev limiter; it will automatically shift at redline. Does the V2 Auto work the same way?No, it will hold and bounce off the rev limiter. It does retain some command authority though: it won't allow a downshift that would overrev the engine and it will also automatically shift down to 2nd if you roll to a stop with a higher gear selected.

AuPanda
01-06-10, 07:48 PM
Back seat leg room is average at best in the CTS-V. I also do real estate on the side and prefer to take clients in my BMW X3 as it has more room in the back and is easier for clients to get in and out of.

vjjack04
01-06-10, 09:18 PM
We just bought one this weekend. You can still get good deals on the '09 - easy around $54k maybe less. The Caddillac deal in MI offered to get us and '10 with Recaros for $64k, that is a good deal. The cars seem very nice and really drive well; much better than the earlier CTS-V and I really liked that car. Oh, but they are hard to find in southwest states....Were are you located?

Also you cannot compare a 3 series to the CTS-V. The CTS-V is a wolf in wolf's clothing.

Htown09
01-07-10, 04:49 AM
Well I am in Texas. Why are all the dealers up North?

The weather is terrible sometimes and if I would get one up there I would have to drive back in the winter. Not exactly :cloud9:

The upside is I will be purchasing in March so the weather should be better by then. I like to break my car's in hard and will need some dry pavement. :canttalk:

So there is more headroom if I opt-out of the ultraview? Is getting in/out of a V really that hard? A vette I can see, but I would figure the V would be better. I will test drive one and have to check it out for myself.

Z06ified
01-07-10, 09:15 AM
So there is more headroom if I opt-out of the ultraview? Is getting in/out of a V really that hard? A vette I can see, but I would figure the V would be better. I will test drive one and have to check it out for myself.

Getting in and out of a V is MUCH easier than a Vette. Getting in and out of a V is no different than any other luxury sedan (easy). Also, the rear seat legroom is fine. There won't be a problem unless your passengers are taller than 6'2", then it might be a bit uncomfortable back there.

thebigjimsho
01-07-10, 10:34 AM
Well I am in Texas. Why are all the dealers up North?

The weather is terrible sometimes and if I would get one up there I would have to drive back in the winter. Not exactly :cloud9:
I bought my V in San Antonio...