: great movie car scenes

shaggygrosser
07-16-03, 04:10 PM
I'm a bit of a movie buff, but there's still plenty of movies I still haven't seen. To get ideas of what to watch next, I thought I'd start a movie thread of great car movies. Here's a few that I've seen that have great scenes:

Ronin
xXx
Gone in 60 seconds
The Matrix Reloaded
Dazed & Confused ('69 GTO is too sweet)
Fast & the Furious ('69 Charger)
Smokey & the Bandit

that's a good start there... on my "to watch" list is:
Bullitt
The Italian Job (original & remake)

So what should be in everyone's DVD collection?

bs4sho
07-16-03, 04:37 PM
in bad boys 2 theres the new cadillac cts :thumbsup:

shaggygrosser
07-16-03, 05:10 PM
in bad boys 2 theres the new cadillac cts :thumbsup:

really? I've only seen the Maranello in the trailer, that was the only car I could make out.

Does the CTS do any action scenes, or is it background decoration?

Anddew1
07-16-03, 07:27 PM
Car movies are so, so plentiful.
Older movies to watch,
Vanishing Point,
Gumball Rally,
Dirty Mary, Crazy Larry,

MMNineInchNails
07-16-03, 08:17 PM
I'm a bit of a movie buff, but there's still plenty of movies I still haven't seen. To get ideas of what to watch next, I thought I'd start a movie thread of great car movies. Here's a few that I've seen that have great scenes:

Ronin
xXx
Gone in 60 seconds
The Matrix Reloaded
Dazed & Confused ('69 GTO is too sweet)
Fast & the Furious ('69 Charger)
Smokey & the Bandit

that's a good start there... on my "to watch" list is:
Bullitt
The Italian Job (original & remake)

So what should be in everyone's DVD collection?

Some of those are good. Haven't seen Ronin, hated XXX, Gone in 60 seconds was great, one of my friends has a '68 firebird like the one in matrix reloaded, another one of my friends has a 1962 lincoln continental like the one in the first matrix, but i think that one was a 63 or 64, dazed and confused was cool, fast and the furious was lame other than the charger, 2 fast 2 furious was great because of my all time favorite car, the 1969 camaro yenko edition with a 427 big block all alluminum. ahhhhhh mouth watering. anyways, smokey and hte bandit is kinda old for me but cool, Bullitt was a great movie you must see it. Italian job was sick too!!! You should see the original gone in 60 seconds and 2 fast 2 furious if you love muscle cars :thumbsup:

Mad'lac
07-16-03, 08:20 PM
Bullitt and Ronin had some of the best chase scenes I ever seen on the big screen. I also like "Gumball Rally" Nothing like seeing a Ford Cobra and a Ferrarri Daytona Spyder going at it. Don't forget "2lane Blacktop"

MMNineInchNails
07-16-03, 08:24 PM
Bullitt and Ronin had some of the best chase scenes I ever seen on the big screen. I also like "Gumball Rally" Nothing like seeing a Ford Cobra and a Ferrarri Daytona Spyder going at it. Don't forget "2lane Blacktop"

What year was the cobra? cause i never wanna hear anyone call a classic cobra a FORD cobra, SHELBY COBRA is where it's at, unless it's a new cobra :basketcas

Mad'lac
07-16-03, 08:28 PM
Its a Classic FORD Shelby Cobra. Powered by FORD.

HotRodSaint
07-16-03, 08:34 PM
Le Mans starring Steve MacQueen
Winning starring Paul Newman
Grand Prix starring James Garner
:thumbsup:

Le Mans is a must for any car enthusiast. Chicks will dig Grand Prix, with it's soap opera like plot.

Oh, and my favorites:
Herbie the Love Bug
Herbie Rides Again
Herbie Goes to Monte Carlo
Herbie Goes Banana's
:banana:

eehoepp
07-16-03, 08:51 PM
Almost all of the James Bond movies have great car chase scenes. Two that come to mind are the corkscrew bridge jump with the AMC (but I can't remember which Bond movie it was in) and the 2CV through the olive grove in For Your Eyes Only.

One personal favorite (car) movie of mine is an EARLY John Cusack movie called Better Off Dead. There's a group of Asian kids who keep dragging hime from the lights when he's in his old beater. One of the Asian kids narrates the showdown like Howard Cosell over a PA in the car. John Cusack's character is fixing up an old muscle car, but can never get it running. He finally gets help to finish the car & then smokes the Asian car.

It's been a long time since I've seen this movie and can't seem to find it on video anywhere. I can't even remember the cars.

Slightly off topic... almost every episode of CHiPs, The Dukes of Hazzard and The A-Team had a decent car chase. Hollywood is so formulaic.

JerseyGirl
07-16-03, 09:41 PM
Dukes of Hazard? OMG! That brought back memories!
I love all the cool old cars in American Graffiti! I love to watch Harrison Ford mess with everyone in his '55. Great movie!
2 Lane Blacktop is also cool! :thumbsup:
I can't wait to see the Italian Job as well. Looks great.
I HATE that show on Fox "Fastlane". But the cars are too cool not to watch. Almost makes me drool everytime I watch it!
I like Goodfellas, some really nice Caddy's in there, of course, what else would mob guys drive! :)
Just watched the original Gone In 60 seconds...I had that exact 74 Coupe in there, color & all. That was a trip to see! Caddy can haul ass!!! :thumbsup:

bs4sho
07-16-03, 09:52 PM
really? I've only seen the Maranello in the trailer, that was the only car I could make out.

Does the CTS do any action scenes, or is it background decoration?

Yeah will smith takes it for a good spin :burn:

banstyle
07-16-03, 11:40 PM
Almost all of the James Bond movies have great car chase scenes. Two that come to mind are the corkscrew bridge jump with the AMC (but I can't remember which Bond movie it was in) and the 2CV through the olive grove in For Your Eyes Only.

Both AMAZING chases. The corkscrew jump's from 'The Man With the Golden Gun'. If I remember right, that was one of the most impressive car stunts for that time.

Though, what I can't believe is that no one has mentioned 'The French Connection'. Damn! That is the BEST scene. EVER. (:

PS. I'm also shocked that it took a 23yr old like myself to say it! I'd figure one of you 'experienced' forum members would have been on top of that game! :cool:

banstyle
07-16-03, 11:44 PM
Oh yeah, fergot to mention 'The Transporter'. Pretty recent car movie, all about this guy who does getaways for a living. Some pretty amazing chases.. rivals that of Ronin, I dare say. :)

DeVillish
07-17-03, 01:34 AM
dont forget Canonball run, gota love the chicks in the lamb. And the old Gone in 60 was cool but i cant watch the scenes in the caddy dealerships, all those poor classic cadillacs getting hit :shocked2:
OHHH, and billy in the Deville, lol.

HotRodSaint
07-17-03, 09:23 AM
The corkscrew jump's from 'The Man With the Golden Gun'. If I remember right, that was one of the most impressive car stunts for that time.

I saw a TLC special about the guy who did that stunt. He hasn't done it since and to his knowledge, no one else has successfully done it either. So it might fall into the 'of all time' category.

HotRodSaint
07-17-03, 09:28 AM
Thunder Road starring Robert Mitchum

It's a story (possibly based on true news accounts) of a moonshine runner from East Tennessee.

shaggygrosser
07-17-03, 10:52 AM
One personal favorite (car) movie of mine is an EARLY John Cusack movie called Better Off Dead. There's a group of Asian kids who keep dragging hime from the lights when he's in his old beater. One of the Asian kids narrates the showdown like Howard Cosell over a PA in the car. John Cusack's character is fixing up an old muscle car, but can never get it running. He finally gets help to finish the car & then smokes the Asian car.

It's been a long time since I've seen this movie and can't seem to find it on video anywhere. I can't even remember the cars.

Better off Dead, great movie! If memory serves me right... I believe Cusack's character is fixing up a '68-'69 Camaro... but it's been several years since I've seen that flick.

shaggygrosser
07-17-03, 10:57 AM
Some of those are good. Haven't seen Ronin, hated XXX, Gone in 60 seconds was great, one of my friends has a '68 firebird like the one in matrix reloaded, another one of my friends has a 1962 lincoln continental like the one in the first matrix, but i think that one was a 63 or 64, dazed and confused was cool, fast and the furious was lame other than the charger, 2 fast 2 furious was great because of my all time favorite car, the 1969 camaro yenko edition with a 427 big block all alluminum. ahhhhhh mouth watering. anyways, smokey and hte bandit is kinda old for me but cool, Bullitt was a great movie you must see it. Italian job was sick too!!! You should see the original gone in 60 seconds and 2 fast 2 furious if you love muscle cars :thumbsup:

Ronin is a must see if you're into the professional hitmen type of movies. I got to see a sneak preview of 2 fast 2 furious, and I thought it was better than the original (but it broke my heart to see the Z06 get creamed).

shaggygrosser
07-17-03, 11:01 AM
Oh yeah, fergot to mention 'The Transporter'. Pretty recent car movie, all about this guy who does getaways for a living. Some pretty amazing chases.. rivals that of Ronin, I dare say. :)

I meant to see that one in the theatre, but I guess I'll wait for the rental now. I'll be the judge of whether it's better than Ronin :D

shaggygrosser
07-17-03, 11:02 AM
I just watched Terminator 3 yesterday... had a cool scene with a Cadillac.... hearse :shocked2:

AirJigga25
07-17-03, 12:37 PM
I just watched Terminator 3 yesterday... had a cool scene with a Cadillac.... hearse :shocked2:
that was the worst movie ever, it was so bad and did a disjustice to the first too. But the tundra and caddy hearse were cool.

AirJigga25
07-17-03, 12:40 PM
Blues brothers? 1000 cop cars crashing...it was funny.

There is an awesome purple Caddy in True Romance. (one of my faves).

Gone in 60 seconds is epic.
Bad Boys and Bad Boys 2
I loved the chase seen in "The Rock" when Sean Connery escapes.

MMNineInchNails
07-17-03, 01:03 PM
Better off Dead, great movie! If memory serves me right... I believe Cusack's character is fixing up a '68-'69 Camaro... but it's been several years since I've seen that flick.

Well then that means i have to see it because it's got a first gen camaro in it:) Once I see it, i'll tell you guys what year it is. I love camaros! what category is this movie under?

MMNineInchNails
07-17-03, 01:04 PM
Ronin is a must see if you're into the professional hitmen type of movies. I got to see a sneak preview of 2 fast 2 furious, and I thought it was better than the original (but it broke my heart to see the Z06 get creamed).

I got to see the sneak preview of 2 fast 2 furious too. What z06 are you talking about? I didn't know there was a vette in that movie.

MMNineInchNails
07-17-03, 01:06 PM
that was the worst movie ever, it was so bad and did a disjustice to the first too. But the tundra and caddy hearse were cool.

terminator 3 rocked. Arnold is the only one who can play that roll, he owns at being a terminator. GET DOWN!

shaggygrosser
07-17-03, 01:28 PM
Well then that means i have to see it because it's got a first gen camaro in it:) Once I see it, i'll tell you guys what year it is. I love camaros! what category is this movie under?

It's under comedy... It's got Booger from the Revenge of the Nerds movies...he's hilarious.

shaggygrosser
07-17-03, 01:30 PM
I got to see the sneak preview of 2 fast 2 furious too. What z06 are you talking about? I didn't know there was a vette in that movie.

It's in the scene where everyone races to the impound lot to fetch the bossman package. The mustang gets trashed by the semi, and the Z06 plows into what's left of the mustang.

shaggygrosser
07-17-03, 01:33 PM

man, I disagree... there was the American Idol movie, that has to be the worst movie ever.

Seriously though, I though T3 was pretty good, but you could tell James Cameron didn't direct. And Kristanna Loken.... :shocked2: :bonkers:

shaggygrosser
07-17-03, 01:34 PM
Blues brothers? 1000 cop cars crashing...it was funny.

There is an awesome purple Caddy in True Romance. (one of my faves).

Gone in 60 seconds is epic.
Bad Boys and Bad Boys 2
I loved the chase seen in "The Rock" when Sean Connery escapes.

The Rock, hellz yeah. Had the real Hummer H1

MMNineInchNails
07-17-03, 01:40 PM
It's in the scene where everyone races to the impound lot to fetch the bossman package. The mustang gets trashed by the semi, and the Z06 plows into what's left of the mustang.

ah i remember now. AWW POOR SALEEN AND Z06. Why'd they have to kill the yenko at the end so gay? They could have done something way cooler than a boat jump thing.

shaggygrosser
07-17-03, 01:43 PM
ah i remember now. AWW POOR SALEEN AND Z06. Why'd they have to kill the yenko at the end so gay? They could have done something way cooler than a boat jump thing.

Ow! don't give away the ending, some people haven't seen it yet :shhh: j/k

MMNineInchNails
07-17-03, 01:46 PM
haha. wow, if i weren't in love with 1969 camaros, I don't think I would have enjoyed that movie as much. They had some really gay cars in that movie. like the pink s2k(which would have been cool if it were black and not pink and with the graphics kit), the lancer 7, that gay ass eclipse with snake skin graphics, All those hondas too.

AirJigga25
07-17-03, 02:10 PM
terminator 3 rocked. Arnold is the only one who can play that roll, he owns at being a terminator. GET DOWN!

Yeah, you must of liked it when the 55 year old arnold got naked. Seriously, People were walking out of T3 because it was so bad. I stuck it out through all the corny jokes that destroyed the seriousness of the movie and I had to watch that 5'4' midget play John Connor...that dude was so lame. :banghead:

MMNineInchNails
07-17-03, 02:16 PM
lol. I'm not saying it was any better than T2. No terminator movie could top T2, but I like T3. You have to admit most movies out these days suck ass. I think I liked T3 because everything else out sucks ass. They're really running out of ideas.

shaggygrosser
07-17-03, 02:26 PM
Yeah, you must of liked it when the 55 year old arnold got naked. Seriously, People were walking out of T3 because it was so bad. I stuck it out through all the corny jokes that destroyed the seriousness of the movie and I had to watch that 5'4' midget play John Connor...that dude was so lame. :banghead:

True, it would have been really cool for Eddie Furlong to come back as John Connor, but oh well. T3 wasn't a brain teaser by any stretch, but I like a brain-dead mayhem fest now & then. Maybe if the T101 & mini-Connor made their getaway in a black SLS, it'd make it more interesting :thumbsup:

Infamous Lac
07-17-03, 02:28 PM
It wasn't a ZO6 it was just a base model, you could tell by the rims.

shaggygrosser
07-17-03, 02:32 PM
It wasn't a ZO6 it was just a base model, you could tell by the rims.

I'll wait for the DVD release and check it out with the pause. I've been known to be wrong.

Mad'lac
07-17-03, 02:38 PM
No terminator movie could top T2.

You smoking something? The best of all 3 was the original one PERIOD!!!I can watch T1 any day of the week where as T2 puts me to :boring:
Arnold was awesome in the 1st one and they didn't have the money to screw up the movie with over-expose FX. Hell it even had a real plot to it.It was the movie that made Arnie who he is now. Ok so the 1st Conan movie made him big but the first T1 made him the MAN of action movies.

AirJigga25
07-17-03, 02:48 PM
You smoking something? The best of all 3 was the original one PERIOD!!!I can watch T1 any day of the week where as T2 puts me to :boring:
Arnold was awesome in the 1st one and they didn't have the money to screw up the movie with over-expose FX. Hell it even had a real plot to it.It was the movie that made Arnie who he is now. Ok so the 1st Conan movie made him big but the first T1 made him the MAN of action movies.

Yeah the first Terminator was by far the best...plus that dude bangs sarah connor in it. ha.... Eraser was a great Arnold flick too...

Mad'lac
07-17-03, 02:52 PM
Don't forget "Predator". Simply a great movie. I heard that Arnold might be doing "King Conan" next. And he said that it will be just as dark and gruesome as the first Conan movie.

AirJigga25
07-17-03, 02:54 PM
Don't forget "Predator". Simply a great movie. I heard that Arnold might be doing "King Conan" next. And he said that it will be just as dark and gruesome as the first Conan movie.

speaking of chases, Do you remember the motorcycle chase in Eraser? That was crazy.

Mad'lac
07-17-03, 02:58 PM
That was a good one. But my fav. Motorcycle chase was in the movie "Fled" With Lawrence Fishburne and one of the Baldwin boys. They were running around on a pair of Ducati 916s all over Atlanta and up the mountains too.

AirJigga25
07-17-03, 03:01 PM
That was a good one. But my fav. Motorcycle chase was in the movie "Fled" With Lawrence Fishburne and one of the Baldwin boys. They were running around on a pair of Ducati 916s all over Alanta and up the mountains too.

Oh my god, I agree 100%...that was an incredible motorcycle chase and the Ducatis were ridiculously awesome as well :burn: .

shaggygrosser
07-17-03, 03:02 PM
That was a good one. But my fav. Motorcycle chase was in the movie "Fled" With Lawrence Fishburne and one of the Baldwin boys. They were running around on a pair of Ducati 916s all over Alanta and up the mountains too.

Speaking of bikes & Lawrence Fishburne, Has anyone seen Biker Boyz? It looked like cr@p to me when I saw the trailer a long while back. I guess it out for rental now, didn't know whether it was worth my time.

Mad'lac
07-17-03, 03:09 PM
I got the movie on my netflix stack right now so I guess I'll see it tonight. Need something to put me to sleep.

shaggygrosser
07-17-03, 03:20 PM
another cool car movie is Speed... that bus was TIGHT!!! :histeric:

Mad'lac
07-17-03, 03:27 PM
too bad about that Jags :(

MMNineInchNails
07-17-03, 06:23 PM

No way, T1 was way too boring. I mean it was good for that time period, but t2 was way better. In T1, they talked wayyy too much. The action scenes in it were good though. But old film quality + too much talking = gay...

"You can't do that"
"wrong"
**BANG!**

Mad'lac
07-17-03, 10:28 PM
T2 relies too much on FX. It gets boring after a while. T1 was original " Sarah Connors? Yes? **Bang**" T2 made the Terminator into a wimp. I bet you like Godfather 3 over the other 2 too. :helpless:

shaggygrosser
07-18-03, 11:37 AM
I almost forgot, "Undercover Brother" features a gold Coupe Deville. One of the funniest movies I've seen.

Undercover Brother: [walking out of the bathroom after flushing] "Too funky for myself"

AirJigga25
07-25-03, 02:45 PM
I almost forgot, "Undercover Brother" features a gold Coupe Deville. One of the funniest movies I've seen.

Undercover Brother: [walking out of the bathroom after flushing] "Too funky for myself"

Here's a link I found of Cadillac movie car scenes:
http://www.car-nection.com/ccof/caddy9.htm

shaggygrosser
07-25-03, 05:52 PM
Here's a link I found of Cadillac movie car scenes:
http://www.car-nection.com/ccof/caddy9.htm

good find. Ever notice that most of the Caddys in movies are from the 60s-70s? Nothing much from the 80s & 90s.

vanaisa
07-26-03, 03:27 AM
Another good movie, with old Cadillacs and Lincoln - "3000 miles to Graceland". And good actors too - Kevin Costner, Kurt Russell, Christian Slater, David Arquette, Ice-T, Kevin Pollak, Courteney Cox. :thumbsup:

back
11-21-03, 04:34 PM
Lets not forget GHOSTBUSTERS! White 1959 Cadillac Miller Meteor Ambulance. nice lookin ride.
im gone.

davesdeville
11-22-03, 08:39 PM

Solid