01-23-03, 06:55 AM
I wonder if the Cadillac will start.
Maybe it won't and I can stay home.

Pat

peatea
01-23-03, 04:19 PM
It started but it was running rough.
Oh Oh! I thought.

I filled it up with gas and a bottle of heet and it runs fine.
A little frozen gas was the problem.
Probably some water in there.
Gas companies add water to the gas to make more money.
When it gets cold out we pay for it.
Pat

Dead Sled
01-23-03, 09:13 PM
40 degrees or more for me in the garage and 6 degrees outside :D

Elvis
01-24-03, 12:01 PM
My garage got down to 30 this am. that means 5 outside.

One nice benefit to this cold dry weather is performance. A 4-cyl. with a CAI really starts to kick ass when it gets like this. It feels like I got about a 20 lb. boost in torque overnight.

Dead Sled
01-27-03, 06:13 PM
Originally posted by Elvis
My garage got down to 30 this am. that means 5 outside.

One nice benefit to this cold dry weather is performance. A 4-cyl. with a CAI really starts to kick ass when it gets like this. It feels like I got about a 20 lb. boost in torque overnight.

I need to figure out a cold air system for my car, Right now its just sucking hot under hood air in there, mabey ill try a one like this:

http://www.ramairbox.com/images/m2.gif

http://www.ramairbox.com/images/kit.jpg

Mad'lac
01-27-03, 07:20 PM
I like that double intake look there!!!Who makes that kit and what engine is it for Dead?

Dead Sled
01-27-03, 07:32 PM
they are universal kits for Carb. motors

http://www.ramairbox.com/home_page.html

Elvis
01-29-03, 05:48 PM
Apparently a lot of riceboys have made their own CAI's out of parts you can get at Home Depot for under $25.

On a Caddy I would think that it would be easy since you have so much room to work with, particularly on a '77. It might be fun just to try a few ideas out.

OTOH, the Caddy's stock intake system isn't all that restrictive, as I recall. Simply introducing cold air might not make that much difference for you. On a Honda like mine, the stock intake was a maze of resonators and twists and turns before the air finally made it to the throttle body--so my benefit was free-flowing, in addition to colder air..

Dead Sled
01-29-03, 06:13 PM
lost of room under the hood but none in front of the car (Big radiator, big battery) not very many good places to run the hose

caddydaddy
02-20-03, 09:38 AM
Do what I did on my 79 SDV! Stick the battery in the trunk with one of the kits Summit Racing sells!

Katshot
02-20-03, 09:55 AM
To be honest, on a lot of those older cars with carbs and/or centrally mounted TBI units, it might be easier to do a cowl induction system.

Dead Sled
02-20-03, 11:37 AM
Originally posted by caddydaddy
Do what I did on my 79 SDV! Stick the battery in the trunk with one of the kits Summit Racing sells!

I don't have a trunk. lol :D

Dead Sled
02-20-03, 11:39 AM
Originally posted by Katshot
To be honest, on a lot of those older cars with carbs and/or centrally mounted TBI units, it might be easier to do a cowl induction system.

I've thought about doing that like in nascar

kcnewell
02-24-03, 10:20 AM
I just thought I'd give you a weather report! S'posed to rain today but it doesn't look like it's gonna, Mid 60's temps, Partly sunny Tue. through Thurs. Temps in the mid 60's.......:D