: Jack Location

82CDV
01-05-10, 06:45 PM
1992 FWB. I don't see anywhere in the trunk this would be?

Another reason for me to try and find an owners manual.

Thanks.

HUF
01-05-10, 07:09 PM
1992 FWB. I don't see anywhere in the trunk this would be?

Another reason for me to try and find an owners manual.

Thanks.
Under the spare tire?

82CDV
01-05-10, 07:24 PM
It has the small spare mounted at the back of the trunk. Not there.

sven914
01-05-10, 07:32 PM
I've had my car for thee years and have never found the jack, but my owners manual says, "The jacking tool is accessible by removing the carpet covering the spare tire. Remove the spare tire retaining wing nut and the spare tire. Next lift the carpet that covers the jack at the right rear of the trunk. Loosen the wing nut that retain the jack and remove the jack from the trunk. Separate the wheel wrench from the jack."

So the jack is actually above and behind the spare tire. Your '92 is the same body style as my '89 so the jack should be in the same place

82CDV
01-05-10, 07:35 PM
I will try that. When you looked for yours, did you see any brackets that would hold it?

Thanks.

sven914
01-05-10, 07:37 PM
I've never looked to see if I even had one.

outsider
01-05-10, 07:43 PM
it's amazing how well they can hide the jacks. in my 87 it's tucked behind some carpet under the rear speakers in the trunk. lol.

MT-ED
01-05-10, 08:58 PM
Same location in a '92....or certainly my '91 has one there. You need to move the space-saver tire, then it sits behind it up against the bulkhead behind the rear seats and under the rear-shelf speakers. It's held in place by a wing-headed bolt.

Martin.

82CDV
01-05-10, 10:12 PM
Same location in a '92....or certainly my '91 has one there. You need to move the space-saver tire, then it sits behind it up against the bulkhead behind the rear seats and under the rear-shelf speakers. It's held in place by a wing-headed bolt.

Martin.

Thank you!

deadflowers
06-25-10, 06:18 PM
i have a 92 fleetwood brougham - i removed the spare tire and jack to detail the truck -but now, for the life of me, i can not figure out how the jack fits back into it's place - i tried every position possible but the wing nut does not seem to line up with any holes in the jack???? can anyone email me a pic of how the jack fits in there? dave@reocentral.us - any help much appreciated, thx Dave